Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Surprising news, to say the least….

I wonder if he just told them he wasn't interested. Hard to blame him if so. He's only been managing a couple of seasons, and probably has a bright future ahead of him. Being the guy that follows Klopp is going to be tough.

Surprising news, to say the least….

The rumors are that he’s waiting for Real Madrid next summer. I didn’t think Bayern Munich had a shot at him at all but I thought Liverpool would at least tempt him.

Reactions: Charlie Kelly
Good for him. It is a little bit of a risk not to jump somewhere now because if they fall back next year some of the sheen will come off.

Most of the chatter has been around Amorim. From an attacking football standpoint it makes sense. I was very high on him before we hired Poch but after hiring Potter who had no big experience they weren’t gonna turn around and give the job to a young manager who not only doesn’t have big experience but also just minimal experience overall. De Zerbi maybe? Girona manager? Pool fans, who are you hoping for?

Most of the chatter has been around Amorim. From an attacking football standpoint it makes sense. I was very high on him before we hired Poch but after hiring Potter who had no big experience they weren’t gonna turn around and give the job to a young manager who not only doesn’t have big experience but also just minimal experience overall. De Zerbi maybe? Girona manager? Pool fans, who are you hoping for?

Jose

Someone who understands soccer better than me explain how you get to draw a foul by sticking your foot in front of a guy’s leg while he is in the action of clearing. Bizarre rule.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Don't look now but Wrexham sitting in an automatic promotion spot to League One with 6 games left. Will they do it?

1711825081356.png

That Chelsea vs United match was a tantalizing display… of incompetence.

Thank you, United, for being more incompetent today.

Reactions: VolsLFC
Opta data thinks the most likely order of title race this year ends up:

1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Arsenal.

1712410820791.png

The magic number for Wrexham to get automatic promotion to League One is 7 points out of their last 4 games. Even if teams 3 through 7 behind them in the table all won their remaining games Wrexham would still get automatic promotion if they can just get 7 more points. If MK Dons and Barrow both lose just 1 of their remaining games that magic number for automatic promotion drops down to 4. This all assuming the G/D stays in the same order. Wrexham is +8 ahead of both of them.

Will be interesting though. 3 out of Wrexham’s remaining 4 games are against teams in the top 7. Gonna be tough sledding though.

It’s criminal that both the Arsenal-Bayern and Madrid-City games are both at the same time today. Gonna have to pull out the dual screens I guess.

Reactions: DocVOLiday

VN Store

Back