Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

City and Real drawn together. Disappointing that the Final will probably be decided in the QF’s, but at least we’ll get to see them play twice.

City and Real drawn together. Disappointing that the Final will probably be decided in the QF’s, but at least we’ll get to see them play twice.
Wish it was City vs a full strength RM. Still, Vini and Jude can turn a game on its head quick so still should be entertaining.

I think the Bayern v Arsenal matchup will be fun too. Maybe better than City/RM. One note from that though is Bayern won’t be allowed any away fans at Arsenal. They got a one match ban for throwing a flare on the field at Lazio.

This was pretty funny. Arsenal women showed up to a game at the Bridge with white socks and the refs made them change as Chelsea wears white socks at home. Arsenal didn’t have back up socks so they went to the Chelsea Megastore and bought black Chelsea socks with the Chelsea logo on the back calf and then taped over the Chelsea logo. Savage by the Chelsea Women account 😅

Reminds me of a time when I was playing rugby in college and we traveled for an away game to Arkansas State and forgot our jerseys. Had to play in our warm ups.

1710609146047.png

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
We tried our best to give the game to the Foxes in the 2nd half. Another performance of watching really good sequences of play followed by a laughable moments where the team shows their inexperience and shaky mentality. Win and move on though. Back to the Wembley house of horrors we go. To be fair though, our record at Wembley for Semi-finals is much better than our record at Wembley for finals over the last decade.

I can’t recall ever seeing someone take their shirt off after scoring a winner and immediately get sent off because they were already on a yellow like Diallo today. It’s a pretty cut and dried rule to get a yellow for that, so I’m sure it’s happened, but I just can’t remember it.

We tried our best to give the game to the Foxes in the 2nd half. Another performance of watching really good sequences of play followed by a laughable moments where the team shows their inexperience and shaky mentality. Win and move on though. Back to the Wembley house of horrors we go. To be fair though, our record at Wembley for Semi-finals is much better than our record at Wembley for finals over the last decade.
Poch ain't it. He's grasping at straws

Poch ain't it. He's grasping at straws
I don’t think he is either but he will be here until the end of the season at least. I also would rather not be looking for a new manager this summer with Bayern, Barca, and Liverpool all looking for new managers as well. Might just be what happens though.

I don’t think he is either but he will be here until the end of the season at least. I also would rather not be looking for a new manager this summer with Bayern, Barca, and Liverpool all looking for new managers as well. Might just be what happens though.
I’ll agree there.

Looking forward to the PL’s explanation of how Everton overspent by £20M and were deducted 10 points (6 after appeal) while Forest overspent by £35M and were deducted just 4.

Well...

Supporter Trusts are still so strange to me as an American growing up around American sports, but a good strange. It’s part of what I love about the sport.

Good letter and strongly worded at times but most of it feels pretty reflective of the mood among supporters. Only thing I didn’t really understand was the CST saying that performance and current form was obviously bad but that they were mostly concerned with the lack of clear communication from the club. Chelsea under Roman were, in my opinion, less communicative than the current owners. Supporters just cared less about that because trophies were being collected. Now they care about the communication because they want to know why we suck lol.

Edit: To be fair, Chelsea Supporters Trust is more geared towards the match going fans opinions and representation. The local fans if you will. So maybe there was more local communication, or more communication directly to the CST under Roman, and that’s what they are addressing. Who knows.

Anybody else watch that UEFA Cup qualifier tween Greece and Georgia that just finished? Helluva match. 90 plus 30 more extra period, then pk shootout.

VN Store

Back