Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Do we know why Fenway is selling?

I read it as a “let’s see if our investment paid off enough” type announcement. While that group set up a great structure and hired really good people inside of the organization as well as coach and players, it’s still an investment to make money. They did it the right way though.. Winning = bigger evaluation. Their announcement read as a “we’re not definitely going to sell but if the right price and person comes along we are open to it”. I think they are just feeling out the market and hoping to sell for a top price. If the prices offered don’t meet their evaluation then they will just keep waiting.

Just my opinion on it but could be off of course.

Reactions: 05_never_again
The third-round FA Cup draw
Preston v Huddersfield
Middlesbrough v Brighton
Chesterfield v West Brom
Manchester City v Chelsea
Charlton or Stockport v Walsall
Boreham Wood v Accrington
Tottenham v Portsmouth
Derby v Barnsley
Cardiff v Leeds
Brentford v West Ham
Bournemouth v Burnley
Coventry v Wrexham
Norwich v Blackburn
Aston Villa v Stevenage
Luton v Wigan
Oxford v Arsenal
Fleetwood v QPR
Liverpool v Wolves
Grimsby v Burton
Blackpool v Nottingham Forest
Dagenham & Redbridge or Gillingham v Leicester
Forest Green v Birmingham
Bristol City v Swansea
Hartlepool v Stoke
Hull v Fulham
Palace v Southampton
Millwall v Sheffield United
Shrewsbury v Sunderland
Sheffield Wednesday v Newcastle
Manchester United v Everton
Reading v Watford
Ipswich v Rotherham

Ties to be played weekend of 7 January.

Preston v Huddersfield
Middlesbrough v Brighton
Chesterfield v West Brom
Tottenham v Portsmouth
Derby v Barnsley
Cardiff v Leeds
Brentford v West Ham
Bournemouth v Burnley
Coventry v Wrexham
Norwich v Blackburn
Aston Villa v Stevenage
Luton v Wigan
Oxford v Arsenal
Fleetwood v QPR
Liverpool v Wolves
Grimsby v Burton
Bristol City v Swansea
Hartlepool v Stoke
Hull v Fulham
Palace v Southampton
Shrewsbury v Sunderland
Reading v Watford
Ipswich v Rotherham

Everton have now drawn Liverpool away twice and Man U away in the third round within the past five years. Horrible luck.

Preston v Huddersfield
Middlesbrough v Brighton
Chesterfield v West Brom
Tottenham v Portsmouth
Derby v Barnsley
Cardiff v Leeds
Brentford v West Ham
Bournemouth v Burnley
Coventry v Wrexham
Norwich v Blackburn
Aston Villa v Stevenage
Luton v Wigan
Oxford v Arsenal
Fleetwood v QPR
Liverpool v Wolves
Grimsby v Burton
Bristol City v Swansea
Hartlepool v Stoke
Hull v Fulham
Palace v Southampton
Shrewsbury v Sunderland
Reading v Watford
Ipswich v Rotherham

Chelsea draws Man City in League cup, and now draws Man City in the FA cup. 🫤

If we fall out, then I hope Wrexham wins and I’ll pull for them until they eventually fall out.

Reactions: MAD
Hey @Outofmyvolcanmind, this still on in a couple weeks?
I know many cannot stand City but thought I'd share. Taking the wife, kids and my nephew to England for New Years. We are going to City vs Everton on New Years Eve. Next day we will tour Old Trafford and Anfield. Headed to Kensington, London on Tuesday and watching City away at Chelsea. Will also go see as many stadiums around London big and small before heading back. My kids both play and are heading into Junior Year. Dream trip for us!

Hey @Outofmyvolcanmind, this still on in a couple weeks?
Yes! Fly out the 30th. Land in Manchester early at around 6am. Attending the City vs Everton game on New Years Eve. They did move the City at Chelsea game in the midweek so I will need suggestions for London. I know Arsenal play that day but tickets will be impossible and not sure I want to pay 2,000 for a family of 4. Leicester also plays that day. What the boys and I really want to do is attend a home game for a 2nd, 3rd, or even National League game and buy gear to support them moving forward. I cannot find a site to get a listing of games for 1/3 and 1/4. If you scoundrels could help, I would appreciate it.

Reactions: MAD
Yes! Fly out the 30th. Land in Manchester early at around 6am. Attending the City vs Everton game on New Years Eve. They did move the City at Chelsea game in the midweek so I will need suggestions for London. I know Arsenal play that day but tickets will be impossible and not sure I want to pay 2,000 for a family of 4. Leicester also plays that day. What the boys and I really want to do is attend a home game for a 2nd, 3rd, or even National League game and buy gear to support them moving forward. I cannot find a site to get a listing of games for 1/3 and 1/4. If you scoundrels could help, I would appreciate it.
I’m going to be at the City/Everton match myself, so if you guys have any interest in meeting for a pint or something in Manchester beforehand, to chat PL, or get some suggestions for London, I’d love to buy a fellow Vol fan a drink. The Etihad is a pretty reasonable walk from the City Centre.

Or if you need a tour guide while you’re down in London, honestly, I’d be more than happy to guide you guys around. I’ve spent a ton of time there, know the city well, and don’t have a ton going on that week other than going up to Liverpool on night of the 3rd for the Everton match.

There aren’t really any matches being played, even in the lower leagues, on 1/3 or 1/4. QPR play at home on the afternoon on 1/2, and I may try to check that one out myself, as Loftus Road is on my list of grounds I haven’t been to yet.

Even if you can’t get to a match, I’d HIGHLY recommend getting the Tube (District Line) down to Putney Bridge, walk through Bishop’s Park over to and around Craven Cottage, go back and get some food at a fish and chip shop called Fishers on Fulham High Street (may need a reservation ahead of time) then walk across the bridge and catch the riverboat where you can go all the way back up through Central London along The Thames.

Theatre wise, I can’t possibly recommend Hamilton enough, and a quick glance at their website looks like there are still tickets to be had for that midweek. The Book of Mormon is also great, but it’s pretty R-rated, so depending on your sensibilities and the ages of the kids with you, it might not be for everyone.

Reactions: Outofmyvolcanmind
I’m going to be at the City/Everton match myself, so if you guys have any interest in meeting for a pint or something in Manchester beforehand, to chat PL, or get some suggestions for London, I’d love to buy a fellow Vol fan a drink. The Etihad is a pretty reasonable walk from the City Centre.

Or if you need a tour guide while you’re down in London, honestly, I’d be more than happy to guide you guys around. I’ve spent a ton of time there, know the city well, and don’t have a ton going on that week other than going up to Liverpool on night of the 3rd for the Everton match.

There aren’t really any matches being played, even in the lower leagues, on 1/3 or 1/4. QPR play at home on the afternoon on 1/2, and I may try to check that one out myself, as Loftus Road is on my list of grounds I haven’t been to yet.

Even if you can’t get to a match, I’d HIGHLY recommend getting the Tube (District Line) down to Putney Bridge, walk through Bishop’s Park over to and around Craven Cottage, go back and get some food at a fish and chip shop called Fishers on Fulham High Street (may need a reservation ahead of time) then walk across the bridge and catch the riverboat where you can go all the way back up through Central London along The Thames.

Theatre wise, I can’t possibly recommend Hamilton enough, and a quick glance at their website looks like there are still tickets to be had for that midweek. The Book of Mormon is also great, but it’s pretty R-rated, so depending on your sensibilities and the ages of the kids with you, it might not be for everyone.
I would love to! I will be going to the game with the twins and my nephew. The three sisters and my niece are going to do something else. Staying in Manchester at the Doubletree for two nights and then shifting to London. We would love London suggestions. Only been once and the wife and I were so young then. We'll be in London for three nights before heading home. Do you go there for business, family, or just love to go?

I would love to! I will be going to the game with the twins and my nephew. The three sisters and my niece are going to do something else. Staying in Manchester at the Doubletree for two nights and then shifting to London. We would love London suggestions. Only been once and the wife and I were so young then. We'll be in London for three nights before heading home. Do you go there for business, family, or just love to go?
I run a lawn care business, so I have some extended downtime in the winter. First went to England to go to the Merseyside Derby several years ago, and kind of fell in love with the country, and especially London along the way. Over the past 5-6 years I’ve probably spent the equivalent of nearly a year there, so if you need suggestions, I’m probably your guy. I’m flying over the day before you, and staying through the first week of February following Everton around and also hoping to check off several new grounds that I haven’t visited yet on days they aren’t playing.

Would strongly advise against you trying to score secondhand tickets to that Arsenal game. Unless you’re an actual Arsenal fan make a pilgrimage to see your team, The Emirates isn’t really even a top 10 English experience. Also, you run the risk of getting scammed with fake tickets on the secondary market, plus it’s technically illegal. Just not worth the effort IMO, besides, there’s other things in London you would probably enjoy more.

One other thing I would HIGHLY recommend is getting tickets to SkyGarden. It’s the upper floors of an office building, but the view is incredible. Tickets are free, but must be reserved in advance. The dates you will be in London are currently available, so if you guys want to go, I’d book those sooner rather than later. Look up what time the sun sets on the day you want to go, and try to get a timeslot about 30-45 minutes before that. Here’s a picture from the last time I was up there.
3150BB71-BD64-453D-981B-D39405C6EC75.jpeg

Also, what part of London are you staying in?

I know we don’t have PM capabilities on this site anymore, but if you want to get in touch, my email is my VN username @gmail. We can swap info from there.

VN Store

Back