Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Bale is probably gone from the Spurs, so I'm going to need another team. Can't see me liking the Big 4, Man u, City, Chelsea and Arsenal (are they stilll in then the 4, Mad? ).

Come on over and join the champions of Europe 😎

On a real note, I like watching Leeds play. Love the always attacking style and after watching the documentary on them (Take Us Home: Leeds United) I’ve got a small soft spot for them. Really like Kalvin Phillips and the fact that he stayed with his hometown to help them get promoted when he easily could have got a big contract elsewhere.

Kane as expected didn’t report to Spurs training camp. Lots of links to Man City obviously. I’d love to see him leave the EPL rather than see him there. Rich get richer… especially if City also get Grealish which might happen as well.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
I wish the Brazil/Mexico match was the later one in the morning
Tuesday August 3
Japan 🇯🇵 v Spain 🇪🇸 — 7 am ET NBCSN
Mexico 🇲🇽 v Brazil 🇧🇷 — 4 am ET NBCSN

7E67C373-654F-427F-B8E8-9D2BAD84EC42.jpeg

Looks like Grealish to City is official. Paperwork is signed, medical on Thursday.

Kane extended his holiday. We will see if the City and Spurs talk gets restarted now that Grealish is signed.

Chelsea is in advanced talks with Inter Milan for Romelu Lukaku. As a Chelsea fan, I hope it goes through. A legit striker was the biggest glaring need we have.

Reactions: MAD
Looks like Grealish to City is official. Paperwork is signed, medical on Thursday.

Kane extended his holiday. We will see if the City and Spurs talk gets restarted now that Grealish is signed.

Chelsea is in advanced talks with Inter Milan for Romelu Lukaku. As a Chelsea fan, I hope it goes through. A legit striker was the biggest glaring need we have.
Didn’t see the Grealish news, but Villa have been spending money the last couple weeks as if they’d already sold him, so no big surprise.

If they also add Kane, I just don’t understand how City can spend money like they do. They’ve already skirted FFP to the point they almost got banned from CL, and are now back at it, spending a quarter billion pounds this summer without selling anyone. Meanwhile, Everton are afraid they’ll end up violating FFP if they buy Denzel Dumfries or Dwight McNeil without offloading James and a couple other contracts.

The Lukaku thing is an interesting bit of business for Chelsea. Sold him to Everton in 2014 as he was entering his prime for £28M and are now prepared to buy him back from Inter in his late prime/declining part of his career for >£100M. So much for the transfer market getting a reset after COVID. Still would be glad to see him back in the PL. Always enjoyed watching him.

Didn’t see the Grealish news, but Villa have been spending money the last couple weeks as if they’d already sold him, so no big surprise.

If they also add Kane, I just don’t understand how City can spend money like they do. They’ve already skirted FFP to the point they almost got banned from CL, and are now back at it, spending a quarter billion pounds this summer without selling anyone. Meanwhile, Everton are afraid they’ll end up violating FFP if they buy Denzel Dumfries or Dwight McNeil without offloading James and a couple other contracts.

The Lukaku thing is an interesting bit of business for Chelsea. Sold him to Everton in 2014 as he was entering his prime for £28M and are now prepared to buy him back from Inter in his late prime/declining part of his career for >£100M. So much for the transfer market getting a reset after COVID. Still would be glad to see him back in the PL. Always enjoyed watching him.

Sounds like Inter is having second thoughts on selling Lukaku. They are desperate to balance the books but desperate to keep Lukaku.. can’t do both. We will see what happens. I’d love to have him at Chelsea for round 2.

the community shield (Leicester vs City) is about to start on ESPN+

ah, and it looks like Zack Steffen is starting for City in goal today. cool to see

VN Store

Back