Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

I wasn’t commenting on your Norwich point, just the graphic. Chelsea’s next spend tho!!!!
-550 million

Yeah, it was nuts. Summer will be a balancing act, will be lots of sales. I know they have some advertising partners they are lining up that will be a boost of income, and then with the amortization on long contracts they’ve been doing will help too. For instance, Enzo Fernandez was 120-130M, something like that, but his yearly FFP impact is only like 11M a year I’ve read. Most of their sales this winter and some from the summer were like this. So they’ve spread that out nicely. We will see though, lots of risk if the players don’t pan out 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tim Ream with a spectacular save against one of Chelsea’s new 600 million dollar players.

6million-dollar-man-slow-motion-run.gif

Reactions: C/O
This might be my favorite analogies I’ve seen in one my Chelsea hangouts about this team right now 😂😂

“This is like the time I picked up my wife when she got annihilated at a work function. I wasn’t driving home normally. I was just going along with as little movement as possible hoping she didn’t throw up all over my car. Potter is me and our players are my drunk wife, bro is just trying to get home. Next year he can hit the highway at speed.”

Last edited:
Interesting series of tweets. Saw some people who I follow for PL stats referencing this. This isn’t an excuse for Chelsea or Liverpool, but it should be a case study for teams like Arsenal and Newcastle who want to get it and stay in European completions consistently. The answer: Qaulity Squad Depth and man management is key. Not just a numbers depth, but a depth of quality players. This is where Guardiola is so good, IMO. His eye for the right talent mixed with his man management is very good.

I strongly disagree with the last tweet though. No Europe doesn’t benefit either team in the long run.

Today may well have been the last time I ever have the privilege of watching Everton play live in the PL, but if that ends up being the case, what a way to go out. Crazy that I was here for about 6 weeks, and Everton picked up 4 points against Arsenal and Man City, and zero in every other match, plus got knocked out of the FA Cup.

Also, I probably left Goodison today hoping Arsenal would go on to win the title, but after spending 2 1/2 hours crammed in a train back to London with their drunken fans, I can honestly say that I hope they lose every game from now until eternity. Shockingly obnoxious behavior.

Today may well have been the last time I ever have the privilege of watching Everton play live in the PL, but if that ends up being the case, what a way to go out. Crazy that I was here for about 6 weeks, and Everton picked up 4 points against Arsenal and Man City, and zero in every other match, plus got knocked out of the FA Cup.

Also, I probably left Goodison today hoping Arsenal would go on to win the title, but after spending 2 1/2 hours crammed in a train back to London with their drunken fans, I can honestly say that I hope they lose every game from now until eternity. Shockingly obnoxious behavior.

Happy you were there, that was a good match. The fans were awesome and the team had lots of energy.

I think this propels them to safety.

Well, I completely missed the boat this week in fantasy. On top of not picking Rashford up sooner like some of y’all did, I didn’t realize there were teams playing 2 games this matchweek. Probably going to fall almost 100 points behind the top by the end of this week. Well played, y’all.

Well, I completely missed the boat this week in fantasy. On top of not picking Rashford up sooner like some of y’all did, I didn’t realize there were teams playing 2 games this matchweek. Probably going to fall almost 100 points behind the top by the end of this week. Well played, y’all.
I think most of us started the season in the hole by not having Haaland as early as others. Still plenty of time to make up some points if we choose the right differentials. I need either Rashford or Bruno to do something midweek in order to climb some.

VN Store

Back