Predictions of Leach's failure at MSU for posterity...

SEC West will decapitate the old Pirate. Leach will need plenty of quarterbacks to survive the season. Pass happy lose time of possession equals many 56 -33 type games that will be entertaining and give experience to the Bama and LSU scout teams.

I wondered about that. I don't know anything about Mississippi, so I can't predict. The youtube comments under that first press conference were positively ecstatic. I will say Jerry Clower played for Mississippi State, so there's that.

Didn't Marcel Ledbetter as well?
Hawwwwwwww! Knock em out John! Good old man and probably the best thing to ever come outta Miss.

SEC West will decapitate the old Pirate. Leach will need plenty of quarterbacks to survive the season. Pass happy lose time of possession equals many 56 -33 type games that will be entertaining and give experience to the Bama and LSU scout teams.

If I was a MSU fan I'd rather lose to Bama 56-33 than 31 - 6 or whatever. Most games against Bama for any coach at MSU are going to be losses - might as well make it entertaining to watch.

Next year may be Leach's best year.....he'll lose to Bama, Auburn, LSU, aTm, and Ole Miss....
The injuries will pile up on his defense in that Alabama to Mizzou stretch....

They're losing 11 from the 2-deep on offense
and 8 from the 2-deep on defense....mainly on the front 7...

7-5 at best....6-6 or 5-7 most likely
Hell, can I get those winning lotto numbers too? TIA

Reactions: volinbham
I still don’t get the dislike for him so much. He’s got a personality at least. I think that at least is good for the sec. Been pretty boring since Spurrier left.

I see his tenure being a lot like Hal Mumme's at Kentucky. His teams will score a lot of points and make a lot of noise, while never winning more than 7 games in a season. At both Texas Tech and Washington State, he had a hard time recruiting to the defensive side of the ball. He should be able to reel in the backs and receivers though.
I agree, but there is something about the excitement even if 6-7 wins might be the ceiling. Heck, I sure yelled for a lot of years for Johnny Majors offensive mediocre teams in the late seventies and early eighties.

Why cherry pick one year? Did you see the UCLA game this year? Did you see any WSU games this year? Low IQ is to go by stats alone and never watch football.

I watch and follow Coug football 'cause I have a relative who goes there and family members in the area.

If you insist on pulling stats from that yr, they were ranked 59:

2017 Team Defense | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

As for Tennessee football the last ten yrs, you don't have to remind any of us here that it sucked. That's hardly the bar. Even as bad as our Vols were in that yr, WSU gave up more passing yds/game than we did. Putrid

That was the year we were looking for a coach and I looked it up. Not cherry picking, just pulled it from an old post rather than look it up again.

Leach does value ToP and D...it’s not like he’s Paul Westhead at Loyola-Marymount/Denver where they totally committed to running the legs off the other team.

That was the year we were looking for a coach and I looked it up. Not cherry picking, just pulled it from an old post rather than look it up again.

Leach does value ToP and D...it’s not like he’s Paul Westhead at Loyola-Marymount/Denver where they totally committed to running the legs off the other team.

Leach has an interesting view on ToP = score, then time of possession is the amount of time it takes the other team to match your score

Truth is that nobody knows. What I do know is that he is a great offensive mind. I hope he beats everyone in the west.

Leach will never have a winning season at State is my prediction don’t know why they were in a rush to fire Moorhead.

He'll do well for Miss State, but I don't think he should've taken the job. Leach has taken P5 cellar dwellers and turned them into bowl teams his entire career. Why leave Wash State just to do that again at Miss State? Also, it's typically taken Leach a few years to find his type of players, and Miss State is obviously short on patience after firing Moorhead after a mere 2 seasons.

So I think he'll have some 6-, 7-, and 8-win type seasons; if Miss State gives him time.

Would have loved to seen him at a school with actual resources, though. Would've been a bit more interesting if he had ended up at a place like Ole Miss, Colorado, Arizona, or at least some middle of the pack team in a P5 conference. Or how 'bout Miami? Leach in Miami would be a fun experiment. But there's a ceiling in Starkville just like there is in Pullman and Lubbock. So this will yield some fun Egg Bowls, but I don't see Leach beating out Alabama and LSU in the SEC West.

And when Pruitt doesn't win the SEC in 2021, UT fans will be calling for his head and tossing Leachs name around as a replacement.

Leach should win some against the 2nd tier SEC teams. I predict moderate success, which is good at state.

I think Leach is a pretty good coach and he will have a lot of nearby talent to draw from ... but will he really be happy in Starkville Mississippi?

It's not like Miss St. Expects 10 wins seasons. If he brings excitement and can win 7 plus he is doing good in the West. Will that keep his job, no, everyone in our conference besides Vandy expects 9 plus now. But, he's gonna have some entertaining games.

My only fear of Leach failure is he either gets fired for saying the wrong thing to the media or he struggles to recruit due to his political affiliation

Leach had the #2 rated QB in the whole country in yards and TDs and one of his most experienced teams and managed to go 6-7 in a lousy conference this past season. 6-7 ... he does that in one of the worst down years in PAC 12 history, what gives one hope for him doing anything of substantial note in the SEC West ?

VN Store

Back