Predictions for the upcoming season.

Here are the predictions for this season way back in August. Most thought we would be right where we are not about 21 to 22 regular season wins.

Reactions: travis929
Here are the predictions for this season way back in August. Most thought we would be right where we are not about 21 to 22 regular season wins.

In terms of wins, we have definitely hit goals but in terms of competitiveness and of course injuries and turnovers plus just the overall trendline, I am not sure how accurate a measure that is.

In terms of wins, we have definitely hit goals but in terms of competitiveness and of course injuries and turnovers plus just the overall trendline, I am not sure how accurate a measure that is.
With Horston out I don't see us winning any except maybe Miss St at home. That puts us at 22 and 7. I really don't know what happened to our ability to win on the road we've still only lost one game at home to Stanford and we had to miss 14 free throws to pull that off. I think the loss of Horston will be to much to overcome we'll see how it all ends up.

Kellie said because Horston did so much, they would have to change their game schematically. So, guess they came back from Alabama last night or today. That probably gives them about one day of practice, tomorrow, before Sunday’s game (with Gameday there, great), to input a new offense, how they bring the ball up the court, defense, getting the ball to Tamari, etc. I am guessing Rae will try to put it all on her shoulders. I hope Tamari, Walker, Sara, Tess, and anybody that can shoot, will take more shots and defend, and share the work. We really have no floor general, there was no one to take Keyen’s place, who defended and took charges under the basket, and there is no one to take Horston’s place.

We do not know the extent of Horston’s injury, and we all hope and pray for her speedy recovery. It’s just a lousy thing to happen, for her and her team, Coaches, and fans, but they can’t quit. If Horston cannot play for awhile, I know she will cheer on her teammates.

Hope the team can pull themselves together the way they did after Rae’s injury, not the way they didn’t, after Keyen’s injury.

Hold your heads up, Ladies, show people what you’re made of. There’s no time to be discouraged, you’re up. Imagine that the other teams’ fans you hear, are really your own, because we are here cheering, even if not at the game. Play with fight and confidence, and determination to win. You have nothing to lose, surprise some people, maybe even yourselves.

GO LADY VOLS!!!

VN Store

Back