Predictions for the upcoming season.

It could, but our shooting percentage was 44 percent. I would like to see that increase a couple of points and our free throw shooting could definitely see an increase of a few percentage points. I really don't expect us to play a different game maybe some things added or tweaked. 80 is a high mark to set and it would certainly probably be the maximum still getting it up from 71 to maybe 75 plus should be easy to do if players like Horston, Walker, Suarez, and the freshmen vs what KK and any others that played shows percentage improvement. I really think adding three to four points to that via the free throw line is going to happen because that was a bad part of our game meaning not getting there enough and missing way to many. The freshmen are all terrific free throw shooters other than Miles so that will add a few point if they can get to the line.
I believe this season we will see a team that puts up better offensive numbers, scoring at a clip of 75-plus PPG and having a 47 FG% or a little better. This team also could score additional points if we increase FT% from 71.1 to 78%. I agree that Wynn needs to up her game from the FT line, and I think that will be a focus. The other incoming freshmen are better from the line, especially Striplin. Lastly, we must convert layups when they present themselves. Simply put, we should be better this year on the offensive end.

Last edited:
..... we must convert layups when they present themselves. Simply put, we should better this year on the offensive end.

Hitting those bunnies inside will give them 10+ ppg more. Hitting the 15 footer rather than forcing it inside will be good for 10+ more. Overall better shooting and a tough inside game will make us a contender this season. Will this team peak and replicate what Arizona did last year?

Team Wins: 17 - 23, more on the conservative side.
SEC Finish: 2nd - 4th place, we need a strong big 3, better guard play, better team shooting and defense.
NCAA Finish: S16 - E8.

All of this is just guessing, but if Ms. Key can be more aggressive and have a monster year (particularly defensively), and we have better backcourt performance, things could really fun and interesting. Lastly, we really need a vocal leader on the floor who commands everyone's attention and respect, but they must be a baller. We been missing this type of player for years now.

Team Wins: 17 - 23, more on the conservative side.
SEC Finish: 2nd - 4th place, we need a strong big 3, better guard play, better team shooting and defense.
NCAA Finish: S16 - E8.

All of this is just guessing, but if Ms. Key can be more aggressive and have a monster year (particularly defensively), and we have better backcourt performance, things could really fun and interesting. Lastly, we really need a vocal leader on the floor who commands everyone's attention and respect, but they must be a baller. We been missing this type of player for years now.

I believe we have at least 3 ballers on the wing with Rae, Jordan H., and, if I'm not mistaken, Kaiya. We also have some players who will benefit from the development program. Too early to know which of those players took big steps. There are other new comers who may make a splash as well. Lastly, but not least, there are the returners. They have thousands of reps under their belt and it's their time to show-out. My hope is that Rennie and Tess nail those outside shots and Emily becomes a big factor in relief.

I believe we have at least 3 ballers on the wing with Rae, Jordan H., and, if I'm not mistaken, Kaiya. We also have some players who will benefit from the development program. Too early to know which of those players took big steps. There are other new comers who may make a splash as well. Lastly, but not least, there are the returners. They have thousands of reps under their belt and it's their time to show-out. My hope is that Rennie and Tess nail those outside shots and Emily becomes a big factor in relief.

Reactions: StrangeVol
The 3 position goes even deeper with Suarez, Puckett, and Darby. I believe the LVs are just as deep at the 4 spot, with Dye, Striplin, and Green. Puckett also play in the 4 spot as well. This team is well a position to win the SEC regular season and SEC tournament as well as to make a deep run in the NCAA tournament.

21-10 overall.
So, is it your thinking that the LVs will be one-and-done do done in the SECT and one-and-done define in the NCAAT? I think this team will have more than 30 wins this season, with winning the SEC regular season and tournament and having a deep run in the NCAAT.

Reactions: VolFanGBO
I would be happy to see whoever is at the 4 spot consistently hit a layup and not pad their rebounding stats by having to take 2 or 3 shots at it. That one little improvement would improve the win total.

So, is it your thinking that the LVs will be one-and-done do done in the SECT and one-and-done define in the NCAAT? I think this team will have more than 30 wins this season, with winning the SEC regular season and tournament and having a deep run in the NCAAT.
that would be really nice. I could see it. We have a really good squad this year!

Emily will have to pick the pace up or her playing
days are few and far between. I would love to see
her play more but she has to earn it. She doesn't
seem aggressive enough

She was one of Holly's recruits, wasn't she?
I believe the relevant question is how much production will the LVs get from Emily this upcoming season and beyond? I expect to see marked improvement. She should be a help at the 5. Therefore, it should not matter who recruited Emily as long she helps the team secure victories.

Last edited:
I believe the relevant question is how much production will the LVs get from Emily this upcoming season and beyond? I expect to see marked improvement. She should be a help at the 5. Therefore, it should not matter who recruited Emily as long she helps the team secure victories.

Agreed. I was just asking for other reasons.

How will players perform is always the question that determines wins and losses. Right now you could say based on past performance this would happen.

Key 6 of 10 from the field. She hasn't averaged ten shots per game in her career always has been around 60 percent on the shots she took. Just barely averaged over 5 shots per game last season while seven as a freshman. I'm pushing her up to ten this season hopefully she will do even more so 10 ppg and a free throw you could say based on past stats about 13 ppg out of Key on close to 60 percent shooting. Only one free throw because she is only a 60 percent shooter got to the line 78 times in 31 games.
Dye about 13 shots per game at Troy and 48 percent were made. That is about 6 shots made or 12 ppg as she hasn't shot any threes in her time at Troy. She gets to the line about three times per game and makes about 2 so 14 ppg for her.
Burrell same season as last year would be awesome so you have to be looking for 46 percent overall and 17 ppg.
After these three you get to who will start and what will they produce on the court.
Let's say Horston starts improves her average up to 10 on 40 percent shooting.
Walker goes for 6 per game on 40 percent shooting.

If these were the starters you would be looking at 58 points per game on about 52 shot attempts. This would be a really great total from a starting five. Now your asking your bench to go for 22 points per game on about 13 shot attempts to get to 80 points per game or 17 on 13 to get to 75.

Key, Dye, and Burrell are probably going to get really close to these projections for the season. Horston and Walker shooting 40 percent from the field and scoring 16 points is a positive projection as they were around 35 percent last season scoring 14 ppg as a duo. I've thought that if this team could get their team scoring up to 75 and even to 80 ppg they would win about four more games than they did in the same amount of games last season. This meaning 17 and 8 would be 21 and 4. Opponents scored about 63 ppg game against our defense no reason to believe that will change much.

That is why due to a stronger schedule a 9 and 3 non conference and a 12 and 4 conference record is the projection I make. Getting team to 21 and 7 in the regular season. The schedule seems to be one that would make this team tough to handle for the SEC and NCAA and I could see us winning at least five games maybe more in those two tourneys. No reason to think we can't get 25 wins this coming season and that was be a huge positive going forward.

VN Store

Back