Power 5 talking about no fall football

So if the B1G cancels does that mean that the P12 will finally get a team in the CFP or do we just go with 3 SEC teams and other best team (Clemson/OK)?
PAC 12 is also threatened by the player boycott with their last minute list of demands they made right before season starts.

So if the B1G cancels does that mean that the P12 will finally get a team in the CFP or do we just go with 3 SEC teams and other best team (Clemson/OK)?
If a power 5 conference canceled you can pretty well expect the rest to follow. Nobody wants to be seen as slow to act. Makes them look bad and greedy.

We shutdown our economy and did untold damage to our Country for years to come and all for what?

Now we are dragging our children into our fear delusions as they sit in virtual classrooms or actual classrooms with a mask on their face.

Yes, we did it to ourselves.
The problem wasn't that they shut down the country the problem was they waited to long to do so.

There was no keeping it out. No country in the northern hemisphere has been unscathed. It was here before anyone ever even knew it, then it was too late.
This virus hit China in January our country didn't react until March. They knew it but didn't do anything about it until it was too late

Last edited:
Yes, the whole country should be shutdown because what supposedly makes sense for NYC, LA, etc. certainly applies to North Dakota, Alaska, Montana, etc.
To be clear nobody considers Alaska, North dakilota or Montana to be real important and barely part of the country. When they say shut down the country they mean real states with actual people in them.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
This virus hit China in January our country didn't react until April. They knew it but didn't do anything about it until it was too late
Same goes for the rest of the world.

Dr Fauci himself said on Jan 24th that we shouldn't worry about it and maintained that sentiment until it was here big time.

Last edited:
Reactions: onevol74
My personal belief about the virus is this.

Covid-19 is a real virus. It can have devastating effects on your body. Most healthy people will recover fine and probably not even know that they had it.

The reaction to the virus came at a perfect time for politics to get involved. This is why it has SO much news coverage and nasty attached to it. This is also why, I personally, have come to hate the political system in our country. You simply can not get the news anymore. That is a thing of the past.

I WANT FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! PUT ALL THE PLAYERS IN A BUBBLE FOR 10 WEEKS AND PLAY BALL!!!

If you think the people pulling the levers to keep everyone locked up weren’t going to pull them to try and shut down football- come on.

At what point do people look at the numbers and realize what is happening here.

No school?
No church?
No football?

But rioting and protests are fine.

We better mail in ballot vote!

I’m really not a conspiracy theorist- this is all just too obvious. Maybe. MAYBE if COVID was as bad as it was supposed to be but it simply isn’t.

If you think the people pulling the levers to keep everyone locked up weren’t going to pull them to try and shut down football- come on.

At what point do people look at the numbers and realize what is happening here.

No school?
No church?
No football?

But rioting and protests are fine.

We better mail in ballot vote!

I’m really not a conspiracy theorist- this is all just too obvious. Maybe. MAYBE if COVID was as bad as it was supposed to be but it simply isn’t.
I know how you feel.

How about this to add onto that.

I went to opry mills out in Nashville yesterday where there were THOUSANDS of freakin people.

I'm like "we can do this but not football?"

Was he the same dude ( a gynnie) in the Spring that said:
"Dr. Tommy Megremis predicts 731 will die in U.S from Coronavirus (based on China Numbers)..."

Well, I guess he was sorta right... 731 did die, but it's the other 143,000 that got me worried...

I don't know, I've never heard of him which is why I started with "For what it's worth". Don't know if he is a dependable source. The opinions on Covid-19 seem to be like political polls. For every one that tells you one thing, out comes another one with the opposite results depending on whom you ask and who is paying the pollster. The thing that makes me mad is the way the media reports the number of cases without any context. They scream about the new cases but fail to mention how many are asymptomatic and only found due to increased testing and the counting of deaths as caused by Covid-19 when it was only a contributing factor. The media reported the recent death of a 7 yo boy in Atlanta who died when he had a seizure in the shower and fell as a Covid case. After his death they tested him and he was positive for Covid-19 yet the media screamed that he died of Covid and we only found out the truth when some reporter dug out the truth from sources close to the family. This may or may not be the first case of Covid-19 causing a seizure but they don't know. In some jurisdictions when they have a positive case they report any contacts the person had as Covid cases even if those contacts haven't even been tested yet. Crazy times we are living in.

So, my wife has to put up with me all fall....
We could let Freak or Fingers create our own season this year. We pick our most 11 entertaining games we can think of and make a schedule, we can all meet on Saturdays and watch together and text cheer and text fuss at one another.... continue to have a reason to grill and drink a beer....

If you think it wasn't here until after China started reporting cases then I have some beach front property in the Smokies to sell you.
It was here in November and December. Most were diagnosed with a bad case of flu. Took 2 or 3 weeks to get over and affected your breathing. Sounds just like it too me.

It was here in November and December. Most were diagnosed with a bad case of flu. Took 2 or 3 weeks to get over and affected your breathing. Sounds just like it too me.

I know someone who caught it in late December/Early January. The only reason he knew it was Corona virus looking back on it was that he had "COVID toes" after he recovered.

Reactions: Cartervol
The media reported the recent death of a 7 yo boy in Atlanta who died when he had a seizure in the shower and fell as a Covid case. After his death they tested him and he was positive for Covid-19 yet the media screamed that he died of Covid and we only found out the truth when some reporter dug out the truth from sources close to the family. This may or may not be the first case of Covid-19 causing a seizure but they don't know. In some jurisdictions when they have a positive case they report any contacts the person had as Covid cases even if those contacts haven't even been tested yet. Crazy times we are living in.

You don't know what you are talking about. The tie between COVID and seizures was discussed in April of this year. COVID can cause a greater risk for epileptics to have seizures.

COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Seizures

Reactions: AllVols

VN Store

Back