Potpourri

It would be worth collecting Game Time's post and publishing them. Best seller material.

Whom to cast for the movie version of Game Time?

1200x-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sample cut from Blackfoot's fantastic Marauder album. Perfectly sequenced; all great tracks with no letdown. One of the all-time best Southern rock LP's featuring the great Ricky Medlocke, one of the original members of Lynyrd Skynyrd. He left before they hit big and founded Blackfoot, which may have saved his life since he missed the plane crash that killed several members including Ronnie Van Zandt. Medlocke is currently a member of Skynyrd and has been for quite some time. Tomcattin', Strikes, and Marauder were really solid consecutive LP's. The band's greatest hit was probably Train, Train.

Last edited:
Reactions: krichunaka
Sample cut from Blackfoot's fantastic Marauder album. Perfectly sequenced; all great tracks with no letdown. One of the all-time best Southern rock LP's featuring the great Ricky Medlocke, one of the original members of Lynyrd Skynyrd. He left before they hit big and founded Blackfoot, which may have saved his life since he missed the plane crash that killed several members including Ronnie Van Zandt. Medlocke is currently a member of Skynyrd and has been for quite some time. Tomcattin', Strikes, and Marauder were really solid consecutive LP's. The band's greatest hit was probably Train, Train.

Hard to beat 70's classic rock.

If you get a chance to see Gillian Welch and David Rawlings, run...don't walk...to get tickets. Seen them five times (at least); money well spent each time. Audience just smiles in a happy place throughout connected with the music. Too many good songs to choose from: Orphan Girl, One More Dollar, Tennessee, I Want To Sing That Rock 'n' Roll, Look At Miss Ohio, Red Clay Halo, etc. Here's a live sample:

Sorry...got to post one more favorite.

Last edited:
This is the only option for GT…

Attachments

• 5D5F1022-0168-4E92-B618-65CF3C29070E.jpeg
    5D5F1022-0168-4E92-B618-65CF3C29070E.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: GameTime
Referencing Jeff Bridges, was there ever a better part played than he did in the remake of True Grit? That guy has become one of the best actors we have ever seen.

The Big Lebowski is a classic and fun, but Jeff in True Grit was Academy award stuff, the dude abides.

I meant to post a lot of this during the offseason when nothing much is going on. Just in a music mood tonight.

Next up: The Inimitable Ry Cooder. Has been playing the dirtiest slide guitar for over fifty years (I think he was on a Stones cut or two). Besides his long solo career, he has come up with many memorable soundtracks with swampy/bluesy atmosphere (he did Crossroads, Trespass, Southern Comfort, many more). Lots of great covers of classic tunes such as Get Rhythm; best version of All Shook Up I've ever heard.

Here's old Ry still gettin' his groove on in his senior years.

No, didn't know about him. Thanks, Rooster! Cool vibe! I'll check out more by him. Got the feet tapping right away.

One more for the night (last one, I swear, although many more to come).

Joe Bonamassa live at Carnegie Hall. Was going to post "Slow Train" from live at Vienna, but this one is really something, especially after a couple of minutes when it goes from solo instrumental to a really eclectic international backing band with Joe holding down the center.

giphy.gif

GT got punched too hard during a collection visit.

Good one Rickster...I laughed out loud at that one...

I always gave the deadbeat the opportunity to make his debt right, most of the time they did, but there were those times they needed a little encouragement...My favorite encouragement move was a sudden short stroke to their groin...It always put them on their knees, and they became much more agreeable to making things right with my employer.....After all, that is why I was there...It was just business.

gettyimages-1084279868.jpg

This is the only option for GT…

Guys, years ago I had a lady friend that was an extra in a number of movies....One of them was Against All Odds...

Since we lived in San Diego and her car was usually broke, I often drove her to the movie sets in L.A...Because I was her transportation, the set cops usually let me hang around as long as I didn't get in the way....Most of the time these sets were not on the Studio lot, but at different locations throughout the Los Angeles area.

On one of the beach sets Bridges and Woods were interacting with some of the extras in-between shootings...They were just a couple cool guys shooting the bull about nothing in particular...They told everybody to have fun and it won't be work..

I'm a straight guy, but Bridges was a good looking dude then...He did not act egotistical, just a cool guy...I followed his career closely because he was such a cool dude...He is the Dude.
Against-All-Odds.jpg

Guys, years ago I had a lady friend that was an extra in a number of movies....One of them was Against All Odds...

Since we lived in San Diego and her car was usually broke, I often drove her to the movie sets in L.A...Because I was her transportation, the set cops usually let me hang around as long as I didn't get in the way....Most of the time these sets were not on the Studio lot, but at different locations throughout the Los Angeles area.

On one of the beach sets Bridges and Woods were interacting with some of the extras in-between shootings...They were just a couple cool guys shooting the bull about nothing in particular...They told everybody to have fun and it won't be work..

I'm a straight guy, but Bridges was a good looking dude then...He did not act egotistical, just a cool guy...I followed his career closely because he was such a cool dude...He is the Dude.
Against-All-Odds.jpg
The Dude Rec…

No, didn't know about him. Thanks, Rooster! Cool vibe! I'll check out more by him. Got the feet tapping right away.

One more for the night (last one, I swear, although many more to come).

Joe Bonamassa live at Carnegie Hall. Was going to post "Slow Train" from live at Vienna, but this one is really something, especially after a couple of minutes when it goes from solo instrumental to a really eclectic international backing band with Joe holding down the center.

Creek, great, great sound....
The girl on the Base fiddle could starve a flower...Lovely!

One time she needed me to take her to Paramount Studios for an audition as a body double....At the gate they even had her name, so they let us right ono the lot....

We drove around the lot until we found the building we were instructed to go to...As soon as I parked the car, a guy came up to the car and told me to remain there and for her to follow him...

He was a special assistant to the director (he was really a lacky) and he had been instructed to bring my lady friend in to see the director, and a few producers...

Well, I just set there and watched all the activity going on around me...I saw a few familiar looking faces, but no one I could name...

Finally after about 45 minutes or so, she came back....She said she got the part...I said what did you have to do, did you read lines, what?

She said they had her stand tall and took her measurements, both sitting and standing....Then they had her take off all of her clothes and just stand there....They looked her over for scars, blemishes, and most of all, any tattoos...Tatoos were a no, no....

Tell you more later guys, but my dogs have to go out....

GT, such a classic, the dude is the best here, amazing stories and the best LV fan there is, Love this guy to the moon and back, he the best

GT needs to write a book y’all, I love his stuff, think he would be a huge success, what a guy. He is the best here of us all. Never a bad word, always positive on his LV’s , and so good story telling. I can read his stuff forever. He is the dude.

GT I love you man.

One time she needed me to take her to Paramount Studios for an audition as a body double....At the gate they even had her name, so they let us right ono the lot....

We drove around the lot until we found the building we were instructed to go to...As soon as I parked the car, a guy came up to the car and told me to remain there and for her to follow him...

He was a special assistant to the director (he was really a lacky) and he had been instructed to bring my lady friend in to see the director, and a few producers...

Well, I just set there and watched all the activity going on around me...I saw a few familiar looking faces, but no one I could name...

Finally after about 45 minutes or so, she came back....She said she got the part...I said what did you have to do, did you read lines, what?

She said they had her stand tall and took her measurements, both sitting and standing....Then they had her take off all of her clothes and just stand there....They looked her over for scars, blemishes, and most of all, any tattoos...Tatoos were a no, no....

Tell you more later guys, but my dogs have to go out....
Just checked to make sure who all iz reading… :cool::cool::cool::cool:

This, my friends, is real music performed by real musicians. No autotune needed.

A powerful song written by a genius and played by national treasures Krauss and Douglas. It's been said so many times before, but worth repeating: There's no where to go with an acoustic instrument, no where to hide. No electronic tricks, no sound effects buttons, no reverb, no pedals, etc. You better know exactly what you're doing or you'll get exposed.

I meant to post a lot of this during the offseason when nothing much is going on. Just in a music mood tonight.

Next up: The Inimitable Ry Cooder. Has been playing the dirtiest slide guitar for over fifty years (I think he was on a Stones cut or two). Besides his long solo career, he has come up with many memorable soundtracks with swampy/bluesy atmosphere (he did Crossroads, Trespass, Southern Comfort, many more). Lots of great covers of classic tunes such as Get Rhythm; best version of All Shook Up I've ever heard.

Here's old Ry still gettin' his groove on in his senior years.

One of a kind for sure. Check out the sound track to Paris, Texas.

VN Store

Back