Potpourri

Just got back from taking my dogs for a walk....The park was packed with people walking their dogs...
This song always reminds me of warm weather..

Reactions: krichunaka
Speaking of music, I was looking for a version of "I Put a Spell on You" by Dani Wilde and stumbled upon this version by a kid named Angelina Jordan,,,get ready to be stunned:

This is the version I was looking for:

Hey man, I don’t know about the pourri, but the pot part is righteous.

Last edited:
Side note, on Ole Yeller......the dog was not a lab, it was a mastador......cross between an English mastiff and an English lab.

Last edited:
Reactions: GameTime
He was America's dog....
"Come back Yeller...Best doggone dog in the west"
maxresdefault.jpg

Long Time, No Post, but I've got a doosy!

Looks like Wifey and her Mom have been robbed of @ 42k by a building contractor here in Florida. Neither of them listened to me when they were planning on an additional br (we don't need) nor a upstairs bath room remodel (also don't need) to go along with a reroof job and window upgrades to meet current Fl code we do. They barged ahead and signed up with American Dream Builders and paid upfront money to the contractor. I had NO idea what they had done until too late as frankly, Wifey and I are not on the best of terms at the moment. 6 months later, we have had no progress made by the contractor to get the job started. Nothing but run around promises and excuses for the delays! We finally got him to meet us in person and terminated the contract which he agree to with the stipulation that all monies be return with the exception on engineering plans (@2k) already done. His promise to me to return their money by Monday 24th, has come and gone. Now, I'm mad and ready to hire a couple of bone crushers. You know what I mean, Gametime?
A basturd that would rob a 92 yo woman is the scum of the earth.

Last edited:
Damn Gule, this just sucks!

It sounds like a good kick ass attorney is needed to right the wrong done to you guys....Companies that do this sort of thing have a history of doing this to other people too....Have you checked with the Better Business Bureau to see their history?

In the good ol days I could of busted the guy in his solar plexis for you....That always got the marks attention....But always smile when you do it...The smile always made them extra nervous...

When you make contact with the guy, don't go with hat in hand....Let him know he broke a deal with you...Don't verbally threaten bodily harm because these days people carry too many stealth recording devises, which will turn you into the bad guy....

Sounds like the wife didn't know never pay up front until the job is done....A fair down payment is fine, but not the whole amount..

Again, this just sucks!!!!!
b0c2bc43-6195-4c99-9fc6-f11fdffa94b0.jpeg

Might want to consider a call to FL secretary of state office, dept of commerce and state local licensing boards. Document every contact and let a$$ know you are doing it. Contractors like to keep their licenses.

Long Time, No Post, but I've got a doosy!

Looks like Wifey and her Mom have been robbed of @ 42k by a building contractor here in Florida. Neither of them listened to me when they were planning on an additional br (we don't need) nor a upstairs bath room remodel (also don't need) to go along with a reroof job and window upgrades to meet current Fl code we do. They barged ahead and signed up with American Dream Builders and paid upfront money to the contractor. I had NO idea what they had done until too late as frankly, Wifey and I are not on the best of terms at the moment. 6 months later, we have had no progress made by the contractor to get the job started. Nothing but run around promises and excuses for the delays! We finally got him to meet us in person and terminated the contract which he agree to with the stipulation that all monies be return with the exception on engineering plans (@2k) already done. His promise to me to return their money by Monday 24th, has come and gone. Now, I'm mad and ready to hire a couple of bone crushers. You know what I mean, Gametime?
A basturd that would rob a 92 yo woman is the scum of the earth.
sad, praying it all worked out. As always go Lady Vol’s

Reactions: krichunaka
Might want to consider a call to FL secretary of state office, dept of commerce and state local licensing boards. Document every contact and let a$$ know you are doing it. Contractors like to keep their licenses.
exactly,,,FLA is not like most other states, they have rigid laws concerning construction and GC's

The lawyer that was highly recommended to us to help go after this crook wants a 5k retainer and $275 for each billable hour. That's way out of our league. We have already contacted the authorities but I don't expect them to do a damn thing.
I can probably get that sob's license taken away but the money is probably beyond reach.

Reactions: GameTime
The lawyer that was highly recommended to us to help go after this crook wants a 5k retainer and $275 for each billable hour. That's way out of our league. We have already contacted the authorities but I don't expect them to do a damn thing.
I can probably get that sob's license taken away but the money is probably beyond reach.

You won't find a decent attorney under $200/hr and without a retainer. A financially threatening letter from an attorney probably gets your money back within a week. Which may only end up costing you $500.

VN Store

Back