Potpourri

Years ago, when in the movie 2001, Hal had cut loose Franks' oxegen chord and he was dying floating through space, the tension was huge in the theater audience....Suddenly, someone yelled out "pull your rip chord" and the theatre audience burst out laughing....
603becd654a33ee5cb3133ec3601d501.gif

Reactions: creekdipper
So, who all wants to share in my Mega millions winnings this Friday? You can, just send me $2 cash money and you're in like Flin!.

Reactions: krichunaka
Gulenews flash!

It has been a horrific last two weeks in Guleville. 94 yo MIL suffered a blood clot in her brain Tuesday @26. Thankfully Wifey had her in the car with her and immediately rushed her to a hospital and they med evacted her to Charlotte and had a successful intervention. MIL was able to return to our home the next Friday where we have been taking care of her and watching her like a hawk for any more problems. This morning, she must have had another event during the night. She was totally out of it and didn't know her name, who I was , who her daughter was, etc. etc. Now, after a couple hours she has started to respond to us and is lucid at least.

I wouldn't wish the last two weeks that we have endured on anyone. Wifey is exhausted. We have had both of her brothers and their wives here for few days but they returned home when it seemed like the coast was clear with their mom.

Anyway, that is what's happening in guleville. Not Good news except that she still kicking!

Reactions: krichunaka
I think Geno has a good recruiting cycle left in him 4
Me too. But we shall see. For the past ~10 years now I've had to remind myself that he's not going to be the coach forever but I know that he could retire 10 years from now and I'd still find it shocking. 😂 He's been the HC of UConn for literally my entire life (I am 36), so I cannot even begin to imagine someone else standing in his spot.

Perhaps it is just me, but I think of Stanford and TVD when I see any if your posts due to their association with Maples Pavillion :D,
Not a terrible association! 😂 It's actually because I live in Syracuse currently and there's a running joke from UConn fans that Syracuse is in Canada (hence maple leaf, shortened to just maple).

I’m sure she had mixed emotions but I am going to tell you don’t wait too long to retire. You never know how long your health will be good. I know a lot of folks who waited to retire and within a couple of years had a major health issue and never got to travel, pursue new interests Etc. that they had always planned on doing.
When you can afford it do it!!
I absolutely agree but most of us have to plan and sacrifice for it. I retired at age 55 in 2000 and have never regretted it for a single day. Now pushing 80 and far from rich but still living comfortable.

Me too. But we shall see. For the past ~10 years now I've had to remind myself that he's not going to be the coach forever but I know that he could retire 10 years from now and I'd still find it shocking. 😂 He's been the HC of UConn for literally my entire life (I am 36), so I cannot even begin to imagine someone else standing in his spot.
Well Berube and Ralph fighting to be the next one so you’ll be in good hands

I absolutely agree but most of us have to plan and sacrifice for it. I retired at age 55 in 2000 and have never regretted it for a single day. Now pushing 80 and far from rich but still living comfortable.
I bailed at 59. I loved my career and the people I met along the way but have never regretted retiring early one minute. Still crazy busy!

VN Store

Back