Potpourri

And now, the News!

I'm happy to be back to being able to read the posts from all the trolls and true LVfl's fans hanging around these parts during the off season. I almost logged out for good 4 days ago. Had a extreme heart event during a doctor ordered stress test and very nearly expired. Great intervention by medical staff and ems has kept me here for a while (at least). on the 10th I went in for a colon ostomy check and had a heart arrhythmia event before the test and wound up spending several hours in the ER instead. That led to the stress test on the 19th where I almost croaked. Needless to say, I'm now the proud carrier of a little bitty heart monitor that records every beat of my heart and relays it to a cardiac monitor.

yes, I've been pretty scared for the past couple of weeks and still am to be trueful! I'll probally really croak when I get the bill from all the hospitals and doctors that have worked on me the past few days. Just paid over 500 $ for a 30 day supply of a new drug that they put me on but after the 1st month my medicare coverage will knock the price down to 44 dollars a month.

With all that said, I just want to say thanks to the posters of the forum who keep giving me something to laugh about and fuss about and keep my mind busy instead of worrying about my troubles. GO VOLS!

ps, the best nurse I had in the hospital was a lady originally from Winchester Tn who moved to Fl 2 years ago. Talk about an angel, she truly was..... :)

And now, the News!

I'm happy to be back to being able to read the posts from all the trolls and true LVfl's fans hanging around these parts during the off season. I almost logged out for good 4 days ago. Had a extreme heart event during a doctor ordered stress test and very nearly expired. Great intervention by medical staff and ems has kept me here for a while (at least). on the 10th I went in for a colon ostomy check and had a heart arrhythmia event before the test and wound up spending several hours in the ER instead. That led to the stress test on the 19th where I almost croaked. Needless to say, I'm now the proud carrier of a little bitty heart monitor that records every beat of my heart and relays it to a cardiac monitor.

yes, I've been pretty scared for the past couple of weeks and still am to be trueful! I'll probally really croak when I get the bill from all the hospitals and doctors that have worked on me the past few days. Just paid over 500 $ for a 30 day supply of a new drug that they put me on but after the 1st month my medicare coverage will knock the price down to 44 dollars a month.

With all that said, I just want to say thanks to the posters of the forum who keep giving me something to laugh about and fuss about and keep my mind busy instead of worrying about my troubles. GO VOLS!

ps, the best nurse I had in the hospital was a lady originally from Winchester Tn who moved to Fl 2 years ago. Talk about an angel, she truly was..... :)
Bless you gule! Praying for that rascal to heal and return strong. One of my favorites… sometimes… 🤣😇🙏

Speaking of TNs most beloved ladies, have ya'll heard this? I can probably go ahead and die now. (Although maybe I should wait til this spring in case we make the final four.)

This is SO Dolly, would be cheesey and over the top for anyone else but even, especially, the dramatically whispered parts come across totally authenic and very moving. Of course she only made this album bc they forced her to accept RnR HOF status. Again, only our Dolly.

Looks like the septugenarian all stars were tripping all over themselves to be on her rock album. Nice lead guitar break by Frampton here! And oh yeah, Paul and Ringo.

Reactions: ruvol
Guleville news....

Wifey wants to move closer to our kids and grand kidlets so we just put in a bid for a house in Rockhill SC. Anybody ever lived around there that can give the pro or cons?
and in other news, I'm still having heart problems so I'll need to hire moving helpers both here and there. anybody got a strong back? lol

Guleville news....

Wifey wants to move closer to our kids and grand kidlets so we just put in a bid for a house in Rockhill SC. Anybody ever lived around there that can give the pro or cons?
and in other news, I'm still having heart problems so I'll need to hire moving helpers both here and there. anybody got a strong back? lol
Rock Hill is God’s country. I have SC family there and love it. Consider yourself lucky…….now, should I warn Rock Hill what is coming or just let it hit them unprepared 🤔🤔🤔🤔😳?

No joke, message me the address and I’ll see if can get any particulars.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and gule
When I get to heaven I'm going to sprint across Rainbow Bridge and find all my pets that have died before me....I'm sure I'll see a lot of you guys looking for your pets too.
RainbowBridgeViolano_16x9.jpg
Yo yo GT, long offseason, hope you are doing well.

Free Gule!

total non-sequitur: I just red that there are bedding odds on which baseball team will contract with Trout. .065 he will go to St Louis. I am amazed on what sane folks will gamble their money on;

Reactions: chuckiepoo
And now, the News!

Been there, done that, gule. Like you, I found the people in the heart business are truly angels of mercy. And they are the best trained people in medicine. I'm still standing 25 years later after a few near misses, a lot of pounding from an internal defibrillator, a mechanical heart pump, and then a transplant. You're truly in good hands, gule. The lesson I learned: Never give up. You never know what beauty and grace awaits you tomorrow, so keep striving to get there.

Gule News.

Spent last 2 weeks packing up household items. Should be all done and ready to move by 2029. lol So tired! Went though walk thru with movers we hired and he said we are gonna need at least 2 big trucks. Dang Wifey and MiL won't get rid of nothing!

ps: young lady at Penske gave me a great rate quote on a truck that I will drive to Rockhill. Guess it helps to be a Vet and a senior citizen, plus just so damn good looking? lol

We have a photographer coming today to take pics for selling this house asap. Prices are falling like a rock... :(

Last edited:
and in more bad news, the ole gule has cancer.. gotta squamous cell carcinoma on an ear that has to be addressed asap. the hits just keep acoming.... dang 2023...

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Got a showing tomorrow of this house scheduled, Our last house sold in less than a day in 2019 but it was a much bigger property and the timing was good. we sold too cheap though and it was a huge mistake in hindsight.

if ya are interested, google 2125 hallmark Dr. Pensacola. Not the best pictures of the place but they'll have to do. This whole summer i pretty much abandoned all the yardwork because of the 100 degree temps we had from june till just 3 weeks ago. The front and backyards look like hell.

Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment, then a heart doctor visit the next day . they are gonna be thrilled to find out I now have the big C... Dammit.

Last edited:
Got a showing tomorrow of this house scheduled, Our last house sold in less than a day in 2019 but it was a much bigger property and the timing was good. we sold too cheap though and it was a huge mistake in hindsight.

if ya are interested, google 2125 hallmark Dr. Pensacola. Not the best pictures of the place but they'll have to do. This whole summer i pretty much abandoned all the yardwork because of the 100 degree temps we had from june till just 3 weeks ago. The front and backyards look like hell.

Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment, then a heart doctor visit the next day . they are gonna be thrilled to find out I now have the big C... Dammit.
Worst case scenario? You have an opportunity to get your affairs, earthly and otherwise, in order. With a little faith and many prayer warriors, you beat that bitch! 😇

Reactions: Benionsopinion
whoever the doctor was that my dermatologist referred me to called me while i was at the dentist and wants me to come in today at 1pm to look at my ear and maybe excise /cut out the problem area. might have to change my name to Van Gohl Gule after today. Fast service at least ,eh?

whoever the doctor was that my dermatologist referred me to called me while i was at the dentist and wants me to come in today at 1pm to look at my ear and maybe excise /cut out the problem area. might have to change my name to Van Gohl Gule after today. Fast service at least ,eh?
My dad just went through the exact same thing comma and his ear is not noticeable, but the pain he went through while it was regenerating was intense

well crap! They just looked at the ear today. I have to be back to the hospital at 7:45 am tomorrow for the procedure. The Doc did tell me to be prepared to be there a few hours. Which might work out as I have a heart doctor appt. at the same building at 2:30pm. lol save gas!

well crap! They just looked at the ear today. I have to be back to the hospital at 7:45 am tomorrow for the procedure. The Doc did tell me to be prepared to be there a few hours. Which might work out as I have a heart doctor appt. at the same building at 2:30pm. lol save gas!
All kidding aside, I am lifting you up ol' friend ;o)

VN Store

Back