Potpourri

Rooster1

As I may have mentioned to you before Gametime, I am not a graduate of SC…I went to West Point and later got my masters from the other USC, but I have planted a home on the coast of SC (Pawleys Island) for the past 25 years and have become a huge fan of WBB, as well as SC lady BB since I have been here. Anyway, I still keep a place up in Maine where I spend summers and it is true that all of New England loves them some Husky ball up there, but I just enjoy the game of WBB way more than men’s game, anyway, it’s gonna be epic this year between our fav lady teams and I know that is good for the game we love, peace to all.

CannonVol80

As I may have mentioned to you before Gametime, I am not a graduate of SC…I went to West Point and later got my masters from the other USC, but I have planted a home on the coast of SC (Pawleys Island) for the past 25 years and have become a huge fan of WBB, as well as SC lady BB since I have been here. Anyway, I still keep a place up in Maine where I spend summers and it is true that all of New England loves them some Husky ball up there, but I just enjoy the game of WBB way more than men’s game, anyway, it’s gonna be epic this year between our fav lady teams and I know that is good for the game we love, peace to all.
Off topic, but apropos your West Point affiliation, have you seen the report where a firstie lacrosse player has entered the transfer portal as a graduate transfer with two years eligibility? In my class group, we're trying to figure out how this works given his commitment obligation.

Jim

GameTime

Congrats to you for your accomplishments....West Point is tops...

I've been to U.S.C. (west coast) numerous times, mostly football games, but on the campus (and off) for a few meetings with "friends of the program." Thanks to the new NIL deals, friends of the program are very friendly and open now.

I'm sure you gave your wife a hell of a good time tonight for her 59th....She's still a pup...Memories are made of such nights.

GameTime

Any of you guys ever play Whirly Ball?

In San Diego, around 1986 or so, I belonged to a Whirly Ball league....It was a blast...

Each team consisted of I believe 5 players, and rode bumper cars, like at the fair, and tried to score a goal by shooting a whiffle ball into a goal from a whirly ball racket.....

The team on offense would pass the ball back and forth until a shot could be taken, and the team on defense would ram them to stop them...A missed shot was scooped up by either team in the whirly ball rackets..

Some of the players in the league would come a little under the influence of some mind altering substance, or at least liquored up..

Last edited:

GameTime

In the Whirly Ball league I had a good pal that worked on the buggy's (the cars) for the company....Before the matches he would let me know which buggy had the speed adjusted for the max....Yes, it was cheating but what the hell, it was all in fun...

I made some fantastic break away's because no one could catch me and my souped up ride.....Of course, some of the other players, from the other teams, and my team as well, caught on to the fix, so I had Al (his name) give me a fake number and I would know which car to choose by a secret code we devised...

It was such a grand time then....Miss the simplicity of the times.

VN Store