Potpourri

More sad news. Wifey's aunt has lost feeling below her waist (spine injury) and is now in very dire straits. Doctors have told us there is no recovery from this. Dang it to heck!

I remember when the Doctor told me my wife only had a week or two to live....I held her hand all I could until her last breath...I let her know I was with her, even when it was hopeless.

Gule the last sense to go is hearing....Speak with her about the good times, even if she does not respond, she will be listening and thinking.

So very, very sorry!!!!!!

A few of my favorites:
Shawshank Redemption
Strictly Ballroom
A Few Good Men
The Deer Hunter
Searching for Bobby Fischer

And not a movie, but a limited series: The Queen's Gambit - an extraordinary story.

A few of my favorites:
Shawshank Redemption
Strictly Ballroom
A Few Good Men
The Deer Hunter
Searching for Bobby Fischer

And not a movie, but a limited series: The Queen's Gambit - an extraordinary story.

Someone's a chess fan. I loved chess in HS, was even rated at one point, but I haven't played a game in nearly 20 years. Maybe it's time I start teaching my kids.

Rooster, the guy's name is Jason...(yes, there is a guy in the video) He died suddenly in 2009, from pneumonia and cardiac arrest....The fine looking woman, wearing the painted on jeans, is Katie Boyle...

Together dancing, they prove that beauty does walk a razor's edge.
honky-tonk-5.png
What guy?

Reactions: GameTime
GT, did Katie Boyle ever go on to any other things in her career? What a gal, thx for sharing.

Rooster, here is a little diddy of Jason and Katie giving a dance lesson....It's easy to see Jason was a cool dude and a hell of a dancer....I prefer Katie in her painted on jeans, but she does move like a vision in a dream...

Another vision....Razor's edge!

Last edited:
Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I still have to go old school GT and pick Barbara Eden….it’s my childhood memories man! And dear Lord, she deserved the attention, all real and all beautiful

Last edited:
I still have to go old school GT and pick Barbara Eden….it’s my childhood memories man! And dear Lord, she deserved the attention, all real and all beautiful

Here you go Rooster.....The first "I Dream of Jeannie"....She is just so lovely!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rooster1
This afternoon I found myself watching on TV an older movie called "Bend it Like Beckham." I really enjoyed the happiness of this movie...I set and broadly smiled for the last 30 minutes, or so, of the movie....Great entertainment.

The movie has a Bollywood music flavor to it....It really brings you into the film with the high energy music and the happiness of the story.....

Years ago I went to an Indian wedding and it was "absolutely fabulous"...I was the only Caucasian guy at the wedding...The people were just great to me.

One of the stars of the flick is Keira Knightley, before she became a big deal with the Disney Pirate franchise movies....

When the movie ended, my cheeks were actually sore from smiling so broadly...
p30451_p_v8_aa.jpg

House is just now decorated. I am not done Christmas shopping. Not a single cookie has been baked. Need to grocery shop for big family Christmas Eve. Family members, who I dearly love, called to say they would like to stay over a couple of nights this week. 😳 This may be the year I lose my mind.

House is just now decorated. I am not done Christmas shopping. Not a single cookie has been baked. Need to grocery shop for big family Christmas Eve. Family members, who I dearly love, called to say they would like to stay over a couple of nights this week. 😳 This may be the year I lose my mind.

Lucy, I'm 100% positive you are one hell of a fine host...
Lucy_van_Pelt.png

some good news......

just got the notification from our lawyer that the scumbag contractor has wired a check for the thousands of $ he stole from us over to the lawyer's bank. once it clears (damn government hold), he will forward it to our bank. Plus the scumbag will still have to pay our lawyers fees and interest $. The State is still after him for fraud.

it's been a hell of a year! :(

ps: Wifey took a trip by plane to houston tx to visit one of our kids and came back yesterday positive for covid. good news is, she can quarantine over at her aunt's house because the aunt is in a nursing home now. :(

ps: Wifey took a trip by plane to houston tx to visit one of our kids and came back yesterday positive for covid. good news is, she can quarantine over at her aunt's house because the aunt is in a nursing home now. :(
Eventually, almost everyone will have had covid of one strain or another. However, if you've had your inoculations and booster, chances are very good that the symptoms will be mild or even non existant.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Fwiw.
My current favorite version of Rocky Top.
The Petersens are an interesting family (3 sisters, one brother and their mother form the group with 1 non family member). All of the siblings learned to play a musical instrument at an early age.

Fine rendition. Thanks for sharing. Gonna be one of mine (now) too.

Fwiw.
My current favorite version of Rocky Top.
The Petersens are an interesting family (3 sisters, one brother and their mother form the group with 1 non family member). All of the siblings learned to play a musical instrument at an early age.

They do a knock-out version of Gentle On My Mind. Dobro player is very good.

VN Store

Back