Potential Starting Line up and Rotation 2019-2020

There's no way any of us are gonna know the rotation until we know what the roster is gonna be.
exactly this.. If we sign Blackshear and Plavsic is eligible thats gonna change a lot and id guess they both start if the reports about Plavsic are to be believed. In case such as that I could see Bowden being the 6th man IF some of the other wings show massive improvement. For example maybe the language barrier is no longer an issue with Pons and the light comes on? I have heard that is Pons' biggest problem (from the voices in my head)

I find it hard to believe the number one contributer left would not be a starter this coming season........regardless if Blackshear comes or who is eligible.

I feel like Bowden still has a lot of upside, and I can’t remember anywhere in the season he “hurt” the team........I don’t think you can say that for anyone else.

Sure the team may lean on Turner as PG, but I don’t see how Bowden can’t be a lock as a starter.

Will James be a capable PG? I don’t know anything about him, except in the 247 write up sounds like right now he’s more of a slashing guard. We need someone to be able to run the point besides Turner

Will James be a capable PG? I don’t know anything about him, except in the 247 write up sounds like right now he’s more of a slashing guard. We need someone to be able to run the point besides Turner
He’s going to play PG, how capable he is we shall see, but he’s gonna get every chance to play big minutes at PG.

He's more of a point forward than slashing guard. Kind of reminds me of Kyle Anderson from UCLA a few years ago, but not as good of a shooter as him. Or a Michael Carter Williams.

Reactions: golfballs
He's more of a point forward than slashing guard. Kind of reminds me of Kyle Anderson from UCLA a few years ago, but not as good of a shooter as him. Or a Michael Carter Williams.
MCW is a good comp. Lonzo Ball is another. Same strengths and weaknesses.

So as of now with no Blackshear or Plavsic our rotation is...

James,Turner,Bowden,Fulkerson,Kent.

With Johnson,Pons,Burns,ORN,as your probable top 4 off the bench.

You may disagree with that and change the rotation up a tad but the same point applies.

James better be Lebron,Turner better be Lofton,and Bowden better be Yarbrough if we're gonna be good and one if those posts better be Patrick Ewing.

Reactions: RyanWalkerPGH

You may disagree with that and change the rotation up a tad but the same point applies.

James better be Lebron,Turner better be Lofton,and Bowden better be Yarbrough if we're gonna be good and one if those posts better be Patrick Ewing.
Lol way to overreact

I agree Plavsic would make it easier, but both finalists last season scored about 70 points a game and played great D. A 9 man rotation of guys scoring 8 points each gives you 72 points. Your bulk of points doesn't have to come from 3 guys and a wider spread between them makes a team harder to defend.

I think we’ll see Johnson get around 20-25 minutes a game, really expect a jump from him now that we’ll need some more offensive firepower. Out of necessity, and because I think it fits his skill set, I think we’ll see Pons as a small ball 4 a fair amount this season as well.

Reactions: SweetDaddy
You might be surprised Brother.

Im not here to claim to be an insider or get into pissing contests in which the truth cant be proven.

Im here to talk basketball and with this Blackshear news Ive learned once again that no one here knows anything more than Rob Lewis tells them.

PG - Turner
SG - Bowden
SF (more like a Point Forward) - James
Those 3 are written in stone, imo. I'll give u all the other 2 starters when I find out if Plavsic is eligible and if Blackshear commits to UT or not
Ok, so no Blackshear and just to finish out my starting 5, I'm going to assume Plavsic isn't elible, which I hope and think changes.

PF - Burns
C - Fulk

I expect ORN, Kent and Pons to all play a lot as subs for Burns and Fulk. I can also see one of ORN, Kent or Pons to eventually start, with Fulk being our 6th man that averages more minutes than both low post starters, later in the season. UT really needs JJ to step up his defense, get more aggresive offensively and give us 15+ minutes a game. JJ will have to be the main sub for both Turner and Bowden. Gaines is probably going to have to play some this year, imo. Not much depth, anywhere. Turner and Bowden will both average 30+ minutes a game. Hopefully, James will be good enough to play close to 30 minutes a game, also.

I still think, bubble team is the "floor" for next year's team with or without Plavsic

We most definitely need to be wide open,run and gun,and full court pressing.

Beating teams 90-85.

I think that Barnes would have liked to have had a wide open run and gun offense last year, but very few opponents allowed that kind of tempo. Add in full court pressure on the defensive end and scoring 90 would be rare outside of the pre-conference buy games.

VN Store

Back