Posts moved from the Football Forum (Split)

Speaking of vaccines, it’s not just going to be Trump’s word against “the libs” lol...it will have to go through clinical trials. If Trump is trying to skip those in order to get something out before the election, are you saying that’s a good thing?

Most likely result in your scenario is that Trump starts saying we don’t need clinical trials and anyone who disagrees is conspiring against him/trying to keep him from getting elected, and his followers eat it up

See, already starting. 😂

Already knocking down the vaccine and challenging it before it even happens. I know you libs so well.

Operation Warp Speed. That was Trump’s plan from way back in February, government and private companies working together to safely obtain a vaccine in record time. He’s breaking records, cutting through red tape bureaucracy, cutting through delays, cutting through incompetence, cutting through paradigms, speeding up processes many never thought possible because “that’s how government always does it.” Several vaccine candidates are already in the final phase of clinical trials. Those are the ones you can look forward to before the election. Instead of knocking it, just say “wow, thank you Mr President, let’s play some college football.”

But you just can’t. 😂

I’m saying that it’ll be gone, meaning the media won’t be talking about it non-stop after the election. They are directly and have directly politicized it. No matter the outcome, they would’ve blamed Trump and said he handled it poorly. Meanwhile, almost half of the US deaths have come from two states, and to the media, those governors are saints and couldn’t have handled it better...I’m not accusing you, but if anyone thinks that Cuomo has done well, and Trump has done poorly, then they desperately need help.
1st week of December, if we're still having 12-1500 death per day-- I have a crisp $100 I'll wager it's not the first story on any news network you choose to pick

Last edited:
I think alot depends on who Joe selects as his running mate

Right, because Joe is clearly corrupt, incompetent, ineffective, and long ago lost his fastball, so we need to see who his VP pick is because there is a great chance that person will be in charge within two years of America electing a man with an obvious cognitive deterioration issue going on.

People aren’t stupid, Trump wins big.

Reactions: volfanjustin
Right, because Joe is clearly corrupt, incompetent, ineffective, and long ago lost his fastball, so we need to see who his VP pick is because there is a great chance that person will be in charge within two years of America electing a man with an obvious cognitive deterioration issue going on.

People aren’t stupid, Trump wins big.
. Biden has dementia I’m convinced.

Reactions: Jaws
We (probably) can't have college football because the virus is still running rampant through our country, and because college football has much larger rosters, much more contact and many more teams than something like basketball or soccer (and MLS has had its struggles restarting as well).

The virus is still running rampant through our country because our population (compared to other countries) has been less willing to take the virus seriously, more likely to protest safety precautions as infringements on freedom, more likely to vilify science and scientists in favor of their own untested theories, and more likely to descend on beaches or bike rallies in droves like the pandemic just doesn't exist. That's a lot more than "Suzy and Billy in Mainstreet not wearing masks."

Even if we do focus ONLY on masks, the first thing I noticed about your post was that the focus on the 14% "completely unwilling" is too narrow a focus. So I found your poll, and it looks like only 44% always wear masks like they're supposed to, with 29% "sometimes" or less, which would be around 100 million people. Even then, this is self-reported, so that 29% number could easily be higher.

mask-usage-gallup-overall-1024x589.png
We have all been played folks. Yes the virus is real, Yes it has over a 99% recovery rate but that never leads the story. We will always have viruses it is just life. Don't be fooled by the political motivations with this one. My son plays D2 football and they canceled its season Friday and said they would wait till spring (horse crap) Those kids have been back at school since July 1st working out and practicing with no issues. I guess the new normal is never again do anything because we might get sick. Flu, H1N1 Sars never shut down and were way worse than Covid. What about the 700,000 people who die from cancer every year should we start banning thing just because politicians tell us it could cause cancer? I use to think we were stronger and smarter in sports that a bunch of sheep but I was wrong. They will come after College Football soon my guess is MLB will be gone withing two weeks. I hope I'm wrong. The fall out is going to be astronomical when you see the law suits about eligibility and the lost revenue will be the death nail for many other college sports that count on the $$$ from football. I hope it was worth it to effect the outcome of an election and if you think this has not been hyped then you are part of the problem. DROP THE MIC!!!!

Reactions: DuckinVol
You’d be presuming wrong. Statistically, it is in fact less of a threat than the flu to younger folks, reblubicans aren’t immune to it, but the liberal media has said that mass protests aren’t increasing the spread somehow?...and the madness of it will disappear after the election, especially if Biden were to win.
Protests spread the disease just like going anywhere else in a group of people.
If you argue that protests spread the disease ( which it obviously does, only your side said 'the other side' said it doesn't) then you have doomed college football from playing, because it is a very similar environment for spread of infectious disease.

When you say covid-19 is less of a threat to young folks than influenza, you are only talking about children between the ages of six and fourteen. Everyone else is in much more dangerous than the flu. When you tell the truth. Tell the entire truth. It is a lie to say that it applies to college age or even high school age children, and definitely not for adults. The age group less effected by covid is 39 million out of 320 million people in this country and you are using this fact to support a false statement.

See, already starting. 😂

Already knocking down the vaccine and challenging it before it even happens. I know you libs so well.

Operation Warp Speed. That was Trump’s plan from way back in February, government and private companies working together to safely obtain a vaccine in record time. He’s breaking records, cutting through red tape bureaucracy, cutting through delays, cutting through incompetence, cutting through paradigms, speeding up processes many never thought possible because “that’s how government always does it.” Several vaccine candidates are already in the final phase of clinical trials. Those are the ones you can look forward to before the election. Instead of knocking it, just say “wow, thank you Mr President, let’s play some college football.”

But you just can’t. 😂

Can you read? Saying a vaccine should go through clinical trials should be universal, but you're calling it "liberal", and the same has happened with science in general. That's a big part of the problem. If a vaccine has been through trials to our usual standard of success or close to it, I'd love to see one today. Not surprised you are deflecting from how badly you misread that poll earlier

Can you read? Saying a vaccine should go through clinical trials should be universal, but you're calling it "liberal", and the same has happened with science in general. That's a big part of the problem. If a vaccine has been through trials to our usual standard of success or close to it, I'd love to see one today. Not surprised you are deflecting from how badly you misread that poll earlier

You’re lost. Nobody said vaccines shouldn’t go through clinical trials. I specially said at least two vaccine candidates are in the final stages of clinical trials. They’ll be out soon, so go watch CNN and get your marching orders on how to try and counter that incredible news.

And speaking of science, since you brought that up. What about the science of life beginning at conception and the science of individuals being born male, and female. Still like science, or just when you think it favors some liberal issue?

I think he was referring to the massive amount of regulation like an unelected entity of the govt. such as the FDA would impact the process.

You’re lost. Nobody said vaccines shouldn’t go through clinical trials. I specially said at least two vaccine candidates are in the final stages of clinical trials. They’ll be out soon, so go watch CNN and get your marching orders on how to try and counter that incredible news.

And speaking of science, since you brought that up. What about the science of life beginning at conception and the science of individuals being born male, and female. Still like science, or just when you think it favors some liberal issue?

No one's lost. You said "it's already starting" because I said we shouldn't rush through clinical trials. If it's a rush job, everyone should call it a rush job, and if it's not one, great, would love to see a vaccine ASAP.

Science is plenty accepting of both abortion and non-binary genders, and male and female aren’t cleanly walled off from each other as you suggest. Neither of those positions is "disfavored" by science and I wish you were smarter than this

We have all been played folks. Yes the virus is real, Yes it has over a 99% recovery rate but that never leads the story. We will always have viruses it is just life. Don't be fooled by the political motivations with this one. My son plays D2 football and they canceled its season Friday and said they would wait till spring (horse crap) Those kids have been back at school since July 1st working out and practicing with no issues. I guess the new normal is never again do anything because we might get sick. Flu, H1N1 Sars never shut down and were way worse than Covid. What about the 700,000 people who die from cancer every year should we start banning thing just because politicians tell us it could cause cancer? I use to think we were stronger and smarter in sports that a bunch of sheep but I was wrong. They will come after College Football soon my guess is MLB will be gone withing two weeks. I hope I'm wrong. The fall out is going to be astronomical when you see the law suits about eligibility and the lost revenue will be the death nail for many other college sports that count on the $$$ from football. I hope it was worth it to effect the outcome of an election and if you think this has not been hyped then you are part of the problem. DROP THE MIC!!!!
Do you think Trump believes this goes away after the election?

I'll state up front that I am conservative, I voted for Trump in 2016 and will do so again in 2020. However, the clinical trial process does NOT happen in this time frame. If any vaccine comes out at any point this year, they have substantially changed (shortened and/or eliminated) normal clinical trial processes and procedures. That will result in increased risk of taking any such vaccine.

Science is plenty accepting of both abortion and non-binary genders. Neither of those positions is "disfavored" by science and I wish you were smarter than this

Man, you are lock, stock and barrel with the liberal logic and liberal non-sequiturs. “Science accepts abortion.” Straight out of some liberal professor’s mouth, at some liberal University, and right into your gray matter. Never mind that it makes no sense, it’s just a good “go away” phrase to toss out there when your liberal beliefs are shown to be deficient. And don’t get me started on the non-binary and gender pronoun hilarity and how that defies millions of years of science. Just say “science supports it” and move on, right?

Here ya go... science is plenty accepting of Trump’s Warp Speed program and the program isn’t disfavored by science. So move on.

Edit: “lock, stock and barrel” is an idiom referring to guns. It may offend you. If so, science doesn’t disfavor guns so we’re okay.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
You’d think we were walking past fly covered carcasses in the streets the way people are reacting to this obviously mild sickness.
It is more serious than I thought for some individuals. But life is dangerous we shouldn't throw away the things we love out of fear, individual responsibility should take over not sweeping mandates

However, the clinical trial process does NOT happen in this time frame. If any vaccine comes out at any point this year, they have substantially changed (shortened and/or eliminated) normal clinical trial processes and procedures. That will result in increased risk of taking any such vaccine.

Not true, and this statement is currently in the process of being proven completely untrue.

When viable, safe vaccines are ready in a few months, we can refer back and see how wrong your post is.

VN Store

Back