Post your Small Business Info HERE!

I know I'm repeatedly posting but we've got an issue that's come up today.

My wife is being pressured by BLM people on Facebook to make some kind of post showing a stance in favor of the movement, and some have gotten threatening. Have any of you dealt with this?

Wife and I have slightly different views on things, but take a strong "no politics/current affairs/whatever" stance on our biz social media. It really chaps my rear because my wife is literally Latina, these people have never been in the shop, and she's being targeted for not making a post on an issue with nuance and difficulty and hurt for everyone.

We own a service based business and also have a no politics, etc policy. We actually had one potential client show us the door because we wouldn't commit that we supported her candidate!

My personal .02 would be to make your social media accounts require your approval for anything the public may post. I wouldn't post anything about this specifically or the overall social situation. It is a lose/lose proposition. Do continue your regular postings as you normally do.

Maybe you have an opportunity to create a peace/love/hope line of goodies?

And lastly, if you feel the threats are credible enough to cause concern, report them. Probably nothing would be done, but there would at least be a record if any incidents were to occur later.

Good luck!

My wife is being pressured by BLM people on Facebook to make some kind of post showing a stance in favor of the movement, and some have gotten threatening. Have any of you dealt with this?

Wife and I have slightly different views on things, but take a strong "no politics/current affairs/whatever" stance on our biz social media. It really chaps my rear because my wife is literally Latina, these people have never been in the shop, and she's being targeted for not making a post on an issue with nuance and difficulty and hurt for everyone.
I've seen this on other companies not posting anything and it annoys me. Let the business be their business. If I cared about what business did or didn't support, I'd have to stop using some. I care about how businesses treat me as a customer and their product.

We own a service based business and also have a no politics, etc policy. We actually had one potential client show us the door because we wouldn't commit that we supported her candidate!

My personal .02 would be to make your social media accounts require your approval for anything the public may post. I wouldn't post anything about this specifically or the overall social situation. It is a lose/lose proposition. Do continue your regular postings as you normally do.

Maybe you have an opportunity to create a peace/love/hope line of goodies?

And lastly, if you feel the threats are credible enough to cause concern, report them. Probably nothing would be done, but there would at least be a record if any incidents were to occur later.

Good luck!
We made a short, to the point post addressing our policy on not posting on these types of issues (and our standards on customer service) and got incredible support. I also went ahead and banned the several trolls that were harassing us.

Ignore if because once u cave you will always have to cave moving forward.

If business starts to decline then make a re assessment.

Or Post something on web page that is non political but explains how u feel such as:

We at "insert Dba" understand that these are very difficult times for our country. We want everyone to know that "insert dba" values all of our customers equally no matter the gender, race, religion or belief of those who choose to visit our establishment. Thank you for your continued support!

"Insert owners names"

Ignore if because once u cave you will always have to cave moving forward.

If business starts to decline then make a re assessment.

Or Post something on web page that is non political but explains how u feel such as:

We at "insert Dba" understand that these are very difficult times for our country. We want everyone to know that "insert dba" values all of our customers equally no matter the gender, race, religion or belief of those who choose to visit our establishment. Thank you for your continued support!

"Insert owners names"
That's almost exactly what we did. Note that I'm still working on how I treat people even on here but my wife is perfect 😆Screenshot_20200609-180534.png

I have a small business that I could really use some help with ….. It has struggled in conjunction with the Coronavirus and also because of several other issues. What I do have is some really good cbd prerolls that were grown in Yamhill County Oregon -- along with CBD tinctures and lotions. What I don't have is a good internet marketing presence, nor any real distribution channel set up to market and distribute the products that I have. I am open to any advice or suggestions -- Thanks
The Daily Dose - 1323409

For anyone that is interested in placing an order for shipping we do have a 25% discount code active this week, just use 'USA' to get it!

The top link at pastelroanoke.com is the best place to order.

For anyone that is interested in placing an order for shipping we do have a 25% discount code active this week, just use 'USA' to get it!

The top link at pastelroanoke.com is the best place to order.
You may want to try and get one of your Yelp not recommended reviews removed if you can.

You may want to try and get one of your Yelp not recommended reviews removed if you can.
I only see the one from a lady named Ivy, is that the one?

We have had a bad time with Yelp's support people but I can see what I can do.

Edit: now I see it 😆 that's precisely what we've been dealing with since day 1 of buying the business. It's been more than two years!

Last edited:
I only see the one from a lady named Ivy, is that the one?

We have had a bad time with Yelp's support people but I can see what I can do.

Edit: now I see it 😆 that's precisely what we've been dealing with since day 1 of buying the business. It's been more than two years!
Maybe my yelp elite status will help, who knows. I reported it.

Reactions: tntar heel
My wife is an insurance broker for life insurance and is just getting started in the business. She is handicap and works from home via the telephone.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
A licensed and insured General contracting company serving middle Tennessee. From residential homes, to small commercial projects, we can build your dreams.

Attachments

• 15DD0D60-885C-4B69-9A5D-7F943D4F7AE4.jpeg
    15DD0D60-885C-4B69-9A5D-7F943D4F7AE4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
Yes, I got that today too. Thank you for sharing that with me!

I think to normal people reading it it would be more embarrassing for the person that wrote it but what do I know, I'm not normal.

For real though, if you are able to send us an email at llamacollc@gmail.com I can box up some cookies and treats and send them your way.

Yes, I got that today too. Thank you for sharing that with me!

I think to normal people reading it it would be more embarrassing for the person that wrote it but what do I know, I'm not normal.

For real though, if you are able to send us an email at llamacollc@gmail.com I can box up some cookies and treats and send them your way.
Thank you but not necessary, just helping a vol out! 😊 We are trying to get back to McAfee Knob when weather is good, so I'll be sure to stop by after our hike.

Those reviews do look crappy on the person. I just have to laugh at see of the reviews people think are useful.

I have a small business that I could really use some help with ….. It has struggled in conjunction with the Coronavirus and also because of several other issues. What I do have is some really good cbd prerolls that were grown in Yamhill County Oregon -- along with CBD tinctures and lotions. What I don't have is a good internet marketing presence, nor any real distribution channel set up to market and distribute the products that I have. I am open to any advice or suggestions -- Thanks
where are you located?

VN Store

Back