Post your coaching pick

View attachment 343299
Would be my first pick but I doubt it happens. Too many people can’t get over what happened in the past unfortunately.

When he left, Kiffin had no regard to how it would affect UT, the players that he recruited, or the fans. On Jan 12, 2010, he RESIGNED from being the HC at UT. He gave up on us and didn't want to continue building what he had just started. So, why does he deserve another chance? We weren't a sexy enough job at the time, so why now? He loves the attention, and he knows there's no other fan base that will worship him like ours. It's all about him and his ego. Sorry, but I can't give him the keys especially since he willingly gave them up before. Boosters & Board members haven't forgot either.

I will make my picks, but I trust White with this hire and I will support it as long as I see improvement I will give it a fair shake. If I had the luxury of the one on one I might not even like my own picks.
1. Kiffin would be my first interview, if I heard the right things I would give him the shot.
2. Campbell, would like to see what he could do here. I think he could win here.
3. Bob Stoops, I would make him tell me no.
4. Napier, this could be boom or bust
5. Elliott or Fleck if none of the above.
But White may find someone we aren't even expecting and he might surprise all of us. If it was me I would at least interview Freeze, people can read in on sincerity. But he isn't on my top 5 because I don't think the powers to be will even consider it. I think the wildcard in all this is a young nfl coordinator that they think alot of. I could see that. GBO!!!!

Fleck, he has got two schools turned around and is young. But none of these guys will be what you want in 2 or 3 years. This will be a rebuild.

1a. Freeze
1b. Kiffin

And yes, I’m fully aware Freeze probably won’t be interviewed because of past NCAA sins.

If I have to hear one more person reference ones race as a reason for hiring them I’m going to scream. Who freaking cares! We need a winner. I don’t care if that person is black, white, yellow, or blue. Prioritize hiring a winner first and foremost

No, he's saying All American corch.😁🤭

Who I wish they should hire:
Peterson
Freeze
Campbell
Malzahn

Who I think is truly getting consideration:
Elliott
Fleck
Chadwell
Napier

Dark horse candidates:
Franklin
Kiffin
Herman

As fictional AD, in 2016 after a certain game that the Vols actually won, I decided I would fire the Vols head coach at seasons end. I then hired PJ Fleck for the 2017 season.
Back to reality, I believe he has a current10 million buyout.

If we’re going the Coordinator with no HC experience, Kellen Moore> Tony Elliot

I want Freeze or Kiffin, but I’d be fine with Campbell, Fleck, or Franklin

Last edited:
I’d say Freeze and I wouldn’t care.
I also like Bieniemy but I also recognize that’s not likely either.

Since that isn’t going to happen:

Campbell
Fickell
Gus
Elliot
Napier
Brady
Herman

If we’re going the Coordinator with no HC experience, Kellen Moore> Tony Elliot

I want Freeze or Kiffin, but I’d be fine with Campbell, Fleck, or Franklin

How is Moore > than Elliot?

2 years as OC for Cowboys

Doesn’t seem more or “better” than 6+ seasons at Clemson as their OC and play caller.

3 years total vs 14 years total.

VN Store

Back