Post your coaching pick

1. Napier
2. Fleck
3. Elliott

Having posted that, I will support whoever is hired until the point where it becomes ridiculously obvious that he is not the answer.
Only thing that sucks is, ridiculously obvious to some of our fans is losing by 21 in the swamp of year one in this dumpster fire.

Reactions: 08Vol
I like this list, I would honestly Cambell 1st, Elliot, Napier, then Chadwell
I thought about that but then I read a little more about him. He just seems to have too many ties to the mid-west and doesn't strike me as a guy who wants to come south, seems content being a big fish in a little pond.

Napier on the other hand may see UT as the big program he can build into what his vision is of what a program should be. I would throw a 6-year deal at him with the first two being the lean, rehab years.

Only thing that sucks is, ridiculously obvious to some of our fans is losing by 21 in the swamp of year one in this dumpster fire.
I get that, because some of Vol Nation expect the team to be a National Championship contender as soon as the new coach is hired. You, and many others, are realistic about the challenges ahead for our new HC and his staff.

Reactions: Hbd10
My #1 Jeff Fisher. My hope
My #2 Eric Bienemy. Not happening
My #3 Cambell from ISU
MY #4 Tom Herman Texas

I would take Herman or Cambell from the college ranks.

Guys I definitely don't want.
#1 Freeze
#2 Elliot
#3 Napier
#4 Chad well
#5 Leopold.
Any other group five coach no thank you.

In the end I don't write the check, I just buy the merchandise and tickets. That is how I support. If we hire that Clemson OC I'm checking out, enough of this cordinator garbage.

Everyone wants to be the person that was right so here is your chance. I say Tom Herman because it makes no sense. Decent offensive minded coach and no buyout. Also good recruiter.

1. Jamey Chadwell or Luke Fickell
2. Tom Hermann or PJ Fleck
2. Tony Elliot
3. Matt Campbell
4. Billy Napier
5. Josh Heupel

Assuming Freeze and Kiffin aren't options, this would be my list...

1. Chris Peterson (if he's truly in play. I have doubts)

2. Matt Campbell

3. P.J. Fleck

4. Bill O'Brien

5. Billy Napier

6. Jamey Chadwell

7. Tom Herman

I would hire any one of these names before I went the coordinator route again.

Last edited:
I still say that Pat Fitzgerald at Northwestern, Josh Heupel at UCF and Dave Clawson at Wake Forest Are my off the radar picks. Heupel obviously already has had a working relationship with White. All good coaches, run clean programs, builders and good recruiters and well respected.

In no particular order, I did list 3 above the rest but what do I know...
A
Herman
Campbell
O'Brien
B
Napier
Frost
Fleck
Malzan
Dykes
Elliot

Reactions: dlravol2