Post your coaching pick

Who ever they hire has the first two years to get the kids playing. By year three just want to see the kids from year one have drastically improved . Wether they were 1/2 ✨ or 7 ⭐ players.
With Dooley , Jones, Pruitt it was the same 💩 every week , every month, every year.
Kiffin did more in one year than those three did in 12 years combined.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. VN would have fired Nick Saban after a four years when Michigan st hired him from TOLEDO! Yes a GROUP of 5 coach!

Toledo
1994 9-2

Michigan St
1995 6-5-1
1996 6-6
1997 7-5
1998 6-6
They waited though.
1999 9-2

LSU
2000 8-4
2001 10-3
2002 8-5
2003 13-1
2004 9-3

NFL

Alabama
2007 6-6
2008 12-2

I thought about that but then I read a little more about him. He just seems to have too many ties to the mid-west and doesn't strike me as a guy who wants to come south, seems content being a big fish in a little pond.

Napier on the other hand may see UT as the big program he can build into what his vision is of what a program should be. I would throw a 6-year deal at him with the first two being the lean, rehab years.
Them first two “rehab” years are how it should be honestly. Anybody with a a brain can’t expect much. That was kinda my argument yesterday when asked about Elliot. I kept getting the response of “ Tennessee isn’t a place to learn” and I simply stated, idk why it’s not? Our roster isn’t competing to win Sec titles in the next couple of years. So why can’t they learn for a year two, by the time our roster is in good shape our coach should be as well! The key, is actually learning and not doing the same **** in year 4 as they did on day 1.

In short, I agree with you 😂

I get that, because some of Vol Nation expect the team to be a National Championship contender as soon as the new coach is hired. You, and many others, are realistic about the challenges ahead for our new HC and his staff.
I live and breathe this stuff and it hurts badly to suck lmao, but man sometimes we gotta be logical about what’s going on, and I hate that people wanna bash and run somebody off at the first sight of failure. It’s pretty sickening

Kiffin - Moderate to high risk, very high ceiling. Kiffin has always been about swinging for the fences. I am not in the crowd that would be thrilled with mediocrity. It's all, or it's nothing, baby!

(Next 3 in any order)
Edit: Chris Peterson - Great record as a head coach.
Campbell - Just a successful coach. Don't really know much about him.
Herman - Has moderate success at a currently hard place to succeed (like here). A bit of meh.

Some NFL or successful coach not currently or barely on the radar.

Malzahn - SEC experience. Seems to be getting worse, instead of better. Why? Wouldn't necessarily be thrilled, but hopeful I guess.

Edit: Elliott - Might be another Pruitt. We can do better than a coordinator.

Some of the others being mentioned that are coming from smaller colleges, I just don't know much about. I'm inclined to like a coordinator at a top school every bit as much as those. Certainly, Leipold has the record you would like to see.

Our AD choice kind of came out of nowhere. So, I have a feeling that we could get a big surprise for coach, as well. Luckily, I think we know that answer sometime in the next 3 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: texanvol
I've said it before and I'll say it again. VN would have fired Nick Saban after a four years when Michigan st hired him from TOLEDO! Yes a GROUP of 5 coach!

Toledo
1994 9-2

Michigan St
1995 6-5-1
1996 6-6
1997 7-5
1998 6-6
They waited though.
1999 9-2

LSU
2000 8-4
2001 10-3
2002 8-5
2003 13-1
2004 9-3

NFL

Alabama
2007 6-6
2008 12-2
So who is your choice.

It’ll be Fleck or Campbell. I’m good with either one.
Ditto, not a big row the boat slogan guy. He did get flipping Golden Gophers to 11-1 that is a vast improvement in player development. That's what I want to see. Improvement every week, every month, and every year.

Reactions: Orange931
Malzahn with a different offensive scheme. Been in the sec. Recruited in the sec. Has winning records. Has beat Bama. Has run a clean program.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Nobody knew that Brett Bielema wanted out of Wisconsin until he was announced at Arkansas. I think that was a surprise to everybody. Maybe there is another coach out there in a similar situation that no one is thinking of.

VN Store

Back