Post-game thoughts

I just read something even more unbelievable than that. Through 3 quarters, we only had 14 rushing attempts. I thought this was sort of an interesting passage:

From the Jackson Sun....

Is Ligon delusional, or does he have a point?

Maybe if they had blocked better on the previous 14 rushing attempts, they would have run it more.

I just read something even more unbelievable than that. Through 3 quarters, we only had 14 rushing attempts. I thought this was sort of an interesting passage:

From the Jackson Sun....

Appears delusional to me.

Yeah, Ligon is definitely delusional. If we had gotten 4-5 on eve HALF of those first 14 attempts, we would have run it more to keep our D off the field. :wacko: Of course, Coker wasn't running it then either. You had Hardesty bouncing around behind the line. I say, start Coker on Saturday and see how the running game looks.

I think shaking things up on the OL would do them some good. Bob said that the second teamers were in there late, and they were actually getting a push.

Yes, it souned like Marshall's defense was tired, and UT second team Oline was fresh. Thats when UT started having success running the ball it seemed.

From the Jackson Sun....

Sounds like Fulmer needs to get in someone else's face and chew some more :shaking2:

I say, start Coker on Saturday and see how the running game looks.

Starter or not, I have a feeling you are going to see ALOT more of Coker in the coming weeks, even after Foster returns.

Speaking of Foster, does anybody have an update on his status?

2 things i loved about the game. the touchdown pass on 3rd and inches in the first quarter and the fact we drove down at the end and scored. i am really glad we didn't just try to run out the clock.

2 things i loved about the game. the touchdown pass on 3rd and inches in the first quarter and the fact we drove down at the end and scored. i am really glad we didn't just try to run out the clock.

They were trying to run out the clock. Just so happened that Marshall could not stop them. All they did was run the ball.

Tennessee - 4:08
1st-10, TENN39 4:08 L. Coker rushed to the left for 15 yard gain
1st-10, MARS46 3:40 L. Coker rushed to the left for 23 yard gain
1st-10, MARS23 3:15 D. Yancey rushed to the left for 6 yard gain
2nd-4, MARS17 2:35 D. Yancey rushed to the left for 4 yard gain
1st-10, MARS13 2:00 D. Yancey rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain
2nd-7, MARS10 1:35 D. Yancey rushed up the middle for 5 yard gain
3rd-2, MARS5 0:25 D. Yancey rushed to the left for 5 yard touchdown. J. Wilhoit II made PAT

your right jallen

Even though it was late in the game the run from Coker seemed to get the team pumped up.The defense played better as did the offense. It can really help when someone makes a big play remmember Micheam against Cal plays like that can open the flood gates. GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My vote is for delusional. Coker got his run by just avoiding two defenders and simply just running around the line.

I would like to see Cut call a few more tosses or sweeps for Coker. I think that would do some damage if the receivers got their blocks. :good!:

"When we were running off the field," Ligon said, "we told (Adkins), 'I told you. Listen to us. We're going to do good when the game's on the line. Just let us perform."

As long as the game is against a team from the MAC. What a ridiculous statement. I'll bet he wasn't screaming for more runs when we played Florida. He was probably too busy picking grass out of his teeth.

My vote is for delusional. Coker got his run by just avoiding two defenders and simply just running around the line.

I would like to see Cut call a few more tosses or sweeps for Coker. I think that would do some damage if the receivers got their blocks. :good!:

Good idea. Al Borges likes to run toss plays out of a bunch formation. That lets the quick WRs play as lead blockers on the outside. Now that our WRs are more physical and willing to block, I think something like that could work really well. It might allow a shifty back like Hardesty to get a chance to use some of those moves, or a speedster like Coker to jet outside.

"When we were running off the field," Ligon said, "we told (Adkins), 'I told you. Listen to us. We're going to do good when the game's on the line. Just let us perform."

As long as the game is against a team from the MAC. What a ridiculous statement. I'll bet he wasn't screaming for more runs when we played Florida. He was probably too busy picking grass out of his teeth.

Ligon said this about Marshall? Wow. I'm not sure but I bet he doesn't wear one of those Scholar Players patches on his chest.

The Vols have real issues in the trenches on both sides of the ball. I made it a point to watch DEs all night, and they were either guessing or running poorly called stunts at inopportune times. It was frustrating to watch.

One thing that I will say about this game. The scoreboard shows that we put a rebuilding, overmatched foe away. There are plenty of positives to take away from finally finishing a game and beating a team UT should beat soundly.

One thing that I will say about this game. The scoreboard shows that we put a rebuilding, overmatched foe away. There are plenty of positives to take away from finally finishing a game and beating a team UT should beat soundly.
Definitely a big difference from last year. Just check out the scores against much lesser, non-conference opponents last year. 17-10 over UAB and 19-17 over Memphis.

This is out of topic, but, Memphis just fired thier D-Cord. Joe Lee Dunn. Is that the same guy that was the D-Cord. for Mississippi State when we played them in the SEC Championship and he had this 4-6 Chicago Bears style D that was supposed to stop Tee and the Vols dead in thier National Championship tracks?????

Anyone remember all that? I was just wondering if thats the same guy.

Same guy . . . master of the 46, inventor of the Prowler. If it's a junk defense, he's probably tried it.

Yeah, I remember that whole week up to that game thats all I heard how Joe Lee Dunn had this magic bag of tricks and would beat Tennessee single handedly.

Now he's getting fired from Memphis. Crazy how much happens in 8 years.

VN Store

Back