Possible win loss for vols

I agree except that we will beat Kentucky too. Their team was decimated by graduation and NFL draft.

MissSt, SCAR, BYU and Vandy will all be close games that I think we win. UAB and Kentucky too.

Mizzou has the potential to implode down the stretch and be a winnable game too. I wouldn't count on it just yet though.

Open date before Missou. My super optimistic inside fan says we win 10 by beating Florida with Bama and UGA being the losses. Realistic me says 8 wins. We lucked into Miss state as our second West Opponent this year and our OOC schedule is really weak BYU is not a team we should have too much trouble with. The more I look at this schedule the more I think we might turn the corner this year. But i really think the BYU game is gonna be the benchmark of the season to come. We need to win our first 3 games convincingly and carry some swag into Gainesville.

Only games I am fairly certain we will lose are Bama and UGA. Too early to tell with the rest but those 2 teams have a lot more talent right now.. No, I dont expect us to go 10-2 but I dont feel right saying FL or Mizzou will beat us

Call me crazy but i think we beat Florida

81964820.jpg

.......but seriously, I think we still lose it this year, especially because it is in gaysville.........however, I think it will be much closer than people will think going into it. The team should be on a 3 game win streak and hopefully playing hard and starting to gel well together by then. But, this is why we play the game!!!! Been watching college football for 30+ years and the season never plays out as preseason predictions suggest. Hopefully Florida has some inner turmoil as possibly suggested by their transfer portal and they just implode!!! I'm sold much more on Pruitt than I am Mullen, and this is Pruitts first head coaching job so...................I wouldnt be upset if Florida is still in a hole and looking for another coach in about 3 years. Especially if we take off and we're pounding them for several years in a row.

6 Wins
4 Toss Ups: FL, SC, MO, MS
2 Loss: AL GA

I'm on a limb with BYU, I think it's a win. I think we get all the OOC, KY, and Vandy at a minimum. Would like to steal all or at least 2 of the toss ups. 8-4 or 9-3 is doable, but I think a stretch.

Ah hell, what was I thinking! 12-1, we don't beat Bama twice in a season (we get'em in the SECCG though) WOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!! (in my best Rick Flair) Go VOLS!

The schedule favors us this year. If this were Pruitt Y3, I would think we were going 10-2 but more likely 8-4 by beating KY. We could go crazy and maybe beat Mizzu since we have a bye week and should be humming by then. Only ones on there that are probably a sure L are Bubbas, GA and maybe FL.

IF (and admittedly its a very big IF) Pruitt takes this team to a 9-3 season (and maybe pulls out a bowl win for a 10 win season) he should be in serious contention for CotY. It isnt totally crazy to imagine this tho, considering the schedule.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
I'll get back with you after fall camp and see who's injured, granted releases, out of trouble, bulked up with summer workouts, lights came on during fall camp, and about 100 other unknowns. That's always my take on predictions in June. If we set another record for injuries (I don't think we will) and lose others to academics/off the field issues etc then everything could change. Other than that I feel strongly both ways.

Beat SC and Lose to KY? Obviously it's possible, but I just don't see it. I think it's more probable the other way around.

I also think it's possible to beat'em both.
That was a head scratcher for me as well. It’s so hard to predict these things. We are so thin on talent that injury and just plain being beat up make those late season games tough to predict. I think we win them both but depends on how healthy we are at game time

VN Store

Back