Portal Tracker

Appears that LSU and Arkansas are just trading players in the portal this year.

4 Player "Trade":

To LSU from Arkansas
S Joe Foucha
CB Greg Brooks

To Arkansas from LSU
CB Dwight McGlothern
DE Landon Jackson

Yep and Auburn and Oregon traded qbs

NFL divisional round: Sean McVay's faith in Matthew Stafford rewarded - Sports Illustrated

It was interesting to hear what my buddy Pete Thamel (now of ESPN!) reported on the Caleb Williams sweepstakes—saying that his camp is focused on getting the quarterback in the best place to become the first pick in the 2024 draft, rather than the spot where he can maximize his NIL earning power right now. The first pick in April’s draft will get $41.47 million guaranteed over four years, with a $27.34 million signing bonus, per NFLPA projections, based on the NFL’s rookie salary slotting system. So if, say, Georgia says it’ll get him $2 million in NIL deals, sure, that’s a lot of money to walk away from. But purely economically, it’s easy to see why the best move for someone like Williams (and there are very few like him) is to view the NIL money floating around as something that’ll be a bonus wherever he is, with professional development remaining paramount.

I’m sure the sure Bama was really hurt by this. What was the reasoning behind it? I read the article, but it never said why his dad wouldn’t let him go.

I don't think he ever said what the reasoning was, just threw it out there. I'm fine with any talented recruit spurning Bama, though, regardless of the reason.

I hate to say it, but he’s damn good. He’s just one of those people that when he talks, people stop what they’re doing and listen intently .
It’s worth the 2 minute watch.

Downgrade at QB for ASU. Doesn’t ASU have some sanctions headed their way? They knowingly went around Covid rules and actively tried to hide on campus visits during the Spring of 2020. To me, that’s something that can and should be enforced.

Reactions: Volprofch05
Downgrade at QB for ASU. Doesn’t ASU have some sanctions headed their way? They knowingly went around Covid rules and actively tried to hide on campus visits during the Spring of 2020. To me, that’s something that can and should be enforced.
Both Arizona St and Arizona are "why aren't they better" programs. Arizona has finished in the top 25 4 times since 1990, Arizona St 6 times.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Both Arizona St and Arizona are "why aren't they better" programs. Arizona has finished in the top 25 4 times since 1990, Arizona St 6 times.
I blame the PAC12 in general. For the last 5-10 years they’ve been disinterested. I don’t know if that’s a product of the region or what, but it certainly hasn’t seemed like a priority.

Reactions: tbwhhs
I blame the PAC12 in general. For the last 5-10 years they’ve been disinterested. I don’t know if that’s a product of the region or what, but it certainly hasn’t seemed like a priority.
I think there is definitely disinterest. Is that disinterest because they are bad, or are they bad because there is disinterest?

There doesn't really seem to be a good reason why Arizona or Arizona St couldn't have the success that a school like Utah has had recently. In terms of recruiting they are located next door to SoCal, plus Arizona itself is perfectly decent recruiting territory. That state/region has huge demographic/population trends working in its favor as well.

I think there is definitely disinterest. Is that disinterest because they are bad, or are they bad because there is disinterest?

There doesn't really seem to be a good reason why Arizona or Arizona St couldn't have the success that a school like Utah has had recently. In terms of recruiting they are located next door to SoCal, plus Arizona itself is perfectly decent recruiting territory. That state/region has huge demographic/population trends working in its favor as well.
I really don’t know. I don’t think it makes sense either. Both schools are big schools . Arizona State is huge and has plenty of reasons why a young athletic guy would want to attend the school. Maybe there’s too many other things to do.

I feel like Utah is in it’s own special bubble when it comes to the PAC-12. I don’t know that they culturally fit in the league. They have different politics and values than probably every other school and state. They’ve been consistently good since Urban was there and have passionate fans. Utah and Oregon are the only ones I feel like that have fans that really invest in their programs. Probably Oregon State and Wazzu too, but who is going to Pullman? I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Utah and Oregon are the programs that don’t have NFL teams .

Reactions: Palm Beach Vol
I really don’t know. I don’t think it makes sense either. Both schools are big schools . Arizona State is huge and has plenty of reasons why a young athletic guy would want to attend the school. Maybe there’s too many other things to do.

I feel like Utah is in it’s own special bubble when it comes to the PAC-12. I don’t know that they culturally fit in the league. They have different politics and values than probably every other school and state. They’ve been consistently good since Urban was there and have passionate fans. Utah and Oregon are the only ones I feel like that have fans that really invest in their programs. Probably Oregon State and Wazzu too, but who is going to Pullman? I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Utah and Oregon are the programs that don’t have NFL teams .
One thing that would seem to separate Arizona/Arizona St from Utah/Oregon is the leadership (at least within the ADs) at the respective universities. It is remarkable that the guy who replaced Urban at Utah (Kyle Whittingham) is still there. Oregon's HC situation has been in flux since Chip Kelly left, but they had a lot of stability before that (from 1977-2012, they only had 3 different HCs). Of course, it also helps when you have unlimited support from a billionaire booster. Overall, maybe Oregon/Utah's leadership had simply been more competent than Arizona/Arizona St's. Lord knows, as UT fans, we know that makes a difference better than anyone. Arizona and Arizona St have both whiffed on multiple coaching hires.

You'd think that universities like Arizona and Arizona St, schools that have some forces working in their favor athletically, would be able to attract good people to run the programs. Or, even if they don't have the best people running the programs, you'd think they'd be able to have some success anyway despite that. Arizona St in particular is a huge school, located right in the middle of a dynamic metro area.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back