Portal Rule Rumor?

you can't replace players that have transferred out already. Only players that transfer after this semester or after 12/15/21
Using Brian Maurer as an example.
I am uninformed. How is 'transfer' defined?
Is 'transfer' the date when you have "entered the portal"?
Is 'transfer' the date when you "leave the current school"?
Is 'transfer' the date when you "sign or enroll at another school"?
Or does it take a combination to be completed?

Update: Looks like you answered my question. "Enter the portal"
Interesting given some players, exit the portal and return to their former team.
So, I would have thought it would have been more requirements. Oh, wait ... their is always tomorrow. They will likely change it again, ....

Was announced, not a rumor. This thread covers pretty well how it works.

Vols should benefit new NCAA Waiver
Personally, I think the class size should be what's needed to keep the roster at 85. Yeah, I know the argument about coaches running kids off, but they can leave anyway. We have defacto free agency now. There's no logical reason to saddle a program with a reduced roster like we're facing now. Just make it simple. You got 85....period. Eliminate all the blue, gray, green...whatever these count forward and back nonsensical shirt deals are. Just 85 and however a program gets there is fine.

Personally, I think the class size should be what's needed to keep the roster at 85. Yeah, I know the argument about coaches running kids off, but they can leave anyway. We have defacto free agency now. There's no logical reason to saddle a program with a reduced roster like we're facing now. Just make it simple. You got 85....period. Eliminate all the blue, gray, green...whatever these count forward and back nonsensical shirt deals are. Just 85 and however a program gets there is fine.

that would pretty much be like when they had no limit. Coaches would sign 50, 60 or 70 kids. Find out half of them couldn't play and you run them off and sign 50, 60 or 70 kids. Majors got to Pitt his first year and signed close to 100 and ran off most of the roster. Limits protect the kids.

Heard on the radio down here in Chattanooga that they are going to allow teams to fill holes left by players entering the portal via the portal? So, I guess, one goes in and the only way to fill it is to pull a player out of it....?? Did anyone else here this?

I was thinking that they were going to increase recruiting numbers a while back but this is different.

Ah, the ol' loop de loop.

VN Store

Back