Portal Rule Rumor?

DickeyD

Heard on the radio down here in Chattanooga that they are going to allow teams to fill holes left by players entering the portal via the portal? So, I guess, one goes in and the only way to fill it is to pull a player out of it....?? Did anyone else here this?

I was thinking that they were going to increase recruiting numbers a while back but this is different.

Wouldn't they would have to change the eligibility process of it because if a player transfers don't they have to sit a year? It wouldn't make sense to lose a player that is eligible just to get a transfer that has to sit for a year.

Heard on the radio down here in Chattanooga that they are going to allow teams to fill holes left by players entering the portal via the portal? So, I guess, one goes in and the only way to fill it is to pull a player out of it....?? Did anyone else here this?

I was thinking that they were going to increase recruiting numbers a while back but this is different.

Was announced, not a rumor. This thread covers pretty well how it works.

Vols should benefit new NCAA Waiver

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Wouldn't they would have to change the eligibility process of it because if a player transfers don't they have to sit a year? It wouldn't make sense to lose a player that is eligible just to get a transfer that has to sit for a year.

they passed a rule last year where first time transfers don't have to sit out a year..

Not anymore. There was a 1 time transfer rule passed a few months ago.

they passed a rule last year where first time transfers don't have to sit out a year..
Ok. I don't keep up with the transfer rules much. So since they passed that then that is a good deal. I think no matter how many transfers leave you should be able to fill that spot with a transfer. The only way you should be under the 85 limit is if you don't sign a full class. Transfers should only count against scholarships is if you don't have a transfer out.

Ok. I don't keep up with the transfer rules much. So since they passed that then that is a good deal. I think no matter how many transfers leave you should be able to fill that spot with a transfer. The only way you should be under the 85 limit is if you don't sign a full class. Transfers should only count against scholarships is if you don't have a transfer out.

I think the kid should need to take an exit survey that proves they were not forced out in order to get the transfer "credit"

I have heard of teams hit hardest by the portal will be able to add up to 7 more players after the original 25 this year at least.

no

Must be my confusion on the semantics of your statement. I don't think colleges can pull a player from the portal, NFL free agent style. The kid has to want to and agree to come. Otherwise, you don't het him.

After getting a sample of what JH offense can look like, we could be taking some high level talent off the portal...along w/ DL. If we can beat SC, and win one of KY/MISS, and take care of business, a 7-5 regular season tally will get alot of attention. Sales pitch is easier when you've got some excitement rocking...Transfer portal could have alot of FOMO...young high level guys sitting #2 or #3 on depth chart at UGA or Bama or anywhere...guys want instant P/T, and we offer alot more than others w/ exciting brand of offense.
1633616641735.jpeg

Reactions: knox73 and DickeyD
It’s a one year rule only and only for players that leave after this semester or December 15 which ever is sooner. Does not count for player like Maurer and other that have already left. You can replace up to 7

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
Reactions: DickeyD
Well TN should be the team that can sign the most out of portal based on last yrs transfers. Heuple and coaches hopefully can restock quickly.

you can't replace players that have transferred out already. Only players that transfer after this semester or after 12/15/21

Reactions: bigdaddy
Once again the AA makes a horrible rule that helps nothing they are trying to help

I can't recall any ruling ever put in place that was retro rule. Believe they always just look forward.

Besides that, Tennessee has 71 players that COULD return in 2022. So if they all do, they only need 14 players to get to 85. Its not like they can sign 30 kids anyway

Well TN should be the team that can sign the most out of portal based on last yrs transfers. Heuple and coaches hopefully can restock quickly.
Don't know the exact math but we're 10-14 players behind most teams. Still don't get your pick of the litter though. Transferring player has got to want to play for UT. We need LBers and OLinemen bad.

Don't know the exact math but we're 10-14 players behind most teams. Still don't get your pick of the litter though. Transferring player has got to want to play for UT. We need LBers and OLinemen bad.

not really. we have 9 seniors that got an extra year due to COVID so we are sitting at 79 scholarships. I doubt many teams are over that 85 number by very much.

Reactions: kamoshika
It’s a one year rule only and only for players that leave after this semester or December 15 which ever is sooner. Does not count for player like Maurer and other that have already left. You can replace up to 7
I don’t think Maurer’s left yet…so it would be after the semester.

I don’t think Maurer’s left yet…so it would be after the semester.

He has entered the portal which I think is the key. He is no longer on the roster.. Word I received is he can't be replaced by new ruling.

He has entered the portal which I think is the key. He is no longer on the roster.. Word I received is he can't be replaced by new ruling.
But he’s taking up a scholarship. The “38”’attrition number included Emmitt Gooden who hadn’t been on the roster for two seasons. Maybe they’re refining the language and when Saban wants a player’s spot back from someone he processed last year it’ll happen.

But he’s taking up a scholarship. The “38”’attrition number included Emmitt Gooden who hadn’t been on the roster for two seasons. Maybe they’re refining the language and when Saban wants a player’s spot back from someone he processed last year it’ll happen.

I doubt it. the ruling from yesterday or the day before is clear. Here is the wording.

This waiver will allow those programs to replace up to seven departing transfers above the 25-player limit. Schools will only be allowed to replace players who enter the portal after either the end of the institution’s fall term or Dec. 15, 2021

VN Store

Back