Portal Madness

There is going to be a lot of young men in the portal who won’t be offered.
So, then they can go back to their team. Going into the portal just allows them to talk to other teams.
College students outside of sports get to see what other colleges have to offer and be offered scholarships. I’m not seeing an issue with young adults exploring their options.

Spent almost a week camping on the Buffalo last year. It's water level is very dependent on rainfall. Definitely have to keep an eye on the weather upstream.

I won't ever wander back in there so ill advisedly again. We were in the river bed gravel a foot above the water level. 🙄

Reactions: BennesseeVols
NW Arkansas is incredibly similar to East Tennessee. Fayetteville/Springdale/Rogers/Bentonville area is heavily commercial and built up. I was surprised with how much new development and how vibrant it was.

I think there is a lot of ill informed posting going on here that is confusing it the same way people outside of Tennessee confuse and degrade Tennessee as being what they see going through West Tennessee or the more remote sections of Tennessee. Probably ventured into Eastern Arkansas, or just traveled across I-40 and think that was the state or something.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
With the season Arky had, and finishing it off with a New Year’s Day bowl win by kicking Penn St. in the teeth, to have that many in the portal—— is frightening at where this portal BS is headed.
Exactly. Just like the NFL. Not gonna be able to look at roster / depth chart anymore. Gonna have a different team every year. This is gonna suck

Reactions: Doberman
I still don't understand why so many players are in the portal. For instance, what does caleb williams think he has to gain by transferring? He is already the starter - maybe Heisman candidate - and he can get lots of money thru nil at a most powerful school like oklahoma. There are hundreds just like him that go into the portal for no seemingly justifiable reason. Can someone help with this?

Reactions: Doberman
If you ever trout fished in the Ozarks you might change your mind. Much like East Tennessee
Never trout fished. But having live less than 5 minutes from the Tennessee river all my life (150' for 20 years) I have fished for and caught several species over my 80 years. Still, there is a big difference (can't but my finger on it)in east Tn. and anywhere in Ark.

my family lives over in adamsville lol. pickwick summers aren't that bad :)
You mean ALL THE WAY into west TN.?? Pretty hard trip to my side of the river having to come through the bad traffic in Crump. (especially on Sat and Sun) and yep, Pickwick ain't bad.;)

I disagree about NW Ark....that area is far more like E.Tn with the Ozarks, etc.....W.Tenn is more similar to East Ark. with their bordering of the delta & Miss river.....

Your right! However there is a difference in the "feel of west Ark and East Tn. Now, as for west Tn. and east Ark. there is not much difference. Both sides of the "big ditch" get up every morning wondering or looking to see what the water level is or is it rising or falling. From there it's "oh well, another day". Let's try to stay in the shade out of this muggy air.

I have....I happened to love the Ozarks and nothing about that area reminds me of West TN.

West Tn.? Hell no!! west Tennesseans get out of breath just climbing up the muddy side of a drainage ditch (of which there are many in the "bottoms") God forbid them having to go uphill everywhere the go like w. Arky's do . The only thing I was referring to was the general attitude and laidback way both seem to approach life.;)

Reactions: Mccage
So what happens when no one offers these kids and the original team has moved on? Dangerous game. Shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Reactions: KptVFL
You mean ALL THE WAY into west TN.?? Pretty hard trip to my side of the river having to come through the bad traffic in Crump. (especially on Sat and Sun) and yep, Pickwick ain't bad.;)
The flea market in Crump is where it's at. Got myself a few vintage pieces of Vols memorabilia from there over the years.

i always take my daughter and her cousins to the huge three story playground in Savannah when we're visting the fam. She loves it and the splashpad in the park.

Reactions: savannahfan
The flea market in Crump is where it's at. Got myself a few vintage pieces of Vols memorabilia from there over the years.

i always take my daughter and her cousins to the huge three story playground in Savannah when we're visting the fam. She loves it and the splashpad in the park.

Damn, son. I've probably bumped into you at the Crump flea market. There is a nice lady there that sells the best smelling, freshest fruit and veggies around. I can never pass her without a few baskets of peaches and plums.

Reactions: TNinSC
So what happens when no one offers these kids and the original team has moved on? Dangerous game. Shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Feels like this could be what Harrison Bailey is currently experiencing. Guessing the only offers he is getting are one's that he feels like he's better than or else he would have committed somewhere long ago. JMO

Great park! I have seen folks from all the way west to the "big ditch" north to Huntingdon and east to Lawrenceburg (and N. Ms. and Ala).
By the way: When it was established, Crump was the largest incorporated LAND MASS city in Tennessee.

Reactions: TNinSC
I don't blame them. Have you ever been in that part of Ark (or for that matter many part) for very long. Nice quiet place Ark. (whole lot like my west Tn.) If I were there for what would be 3-4 years of hard work and having to endure Ark., hell I would try to leave too!!

This post is full of stupid. Have you ever been to the campus? It’s a beautiful place.

Reactions: peaygolf
A record 3,000 NCAA football players entered the portal the last two months

VN Store

Back