Portal Madness

Fullfillmer

Arkansas who had a great season but is Arkansas -- seems to have half the team in the portal. Going to be interesting where some of these guys land.

DB Joe Foucha

DB Nick Turner

DB Devin Bush

DB Jermaine Hamilton-Jordan

DL Andy Boykin

DL Solomon Wright

LB J.T. Towers

RB Trelon Smith

RB Josh Oglesby

OL Ray Curry

OL Jalen St. John (later removed name from portal)

WR Darin Turner

WR Kendall Catalon

K Vito Calvaruso

K/P Matthew Phillips

Reactions: knox73
Arkansas who had a great season but is Arkansas -- seems to have half the team in the portal. Going to be interesting where some of these guys land.

DB Joe Foucha

DB Nick Turner

DB Devin Bush

DL Andy Boykin

DL Solomon Wright

LB J.T. Towers

RB Trelon Smith

RB Josh Oglesby

OL Ray Curry

WR Darin Turner

WR Kendall Catalon

K Vito Calvaruso

K/P Matthew Phillips

I’m glad we got ours out of the way last season . Lol

DB Joe Foucha

DB Nick Turner

DB Devin Bush

DL Andy Boykin

DL Solomon Wright

LB J.T. Towers

RB Trelon Smith

RB Josh Oglesby

OL Ray Curry

WR Darin Turner

WR Kendall Catalon

K Vito Calvaruso

K/P Matthew Phillips
Someone explain this to me . Are they just looking for more money or what is the reason ?

DB Joe Foucha

DB Nick Turner

DB Devin Bush

DL Andy Boykin

DL Solomon Wright

LB J.T. Towers

RB Trelon Smith

RB Josh Oglesby

OL Ray Curry

WR Darin Turner

WR Kendall Catalon

K Vito Calvaruso

K/P Matthew Phillips
I don't blame them. Have you ever been in that part of Ark (or for that matter many part) for very long. Nice quiet place Ark. (whole lot like my west Tn.) If I were there for what would be 3-4 years of hard work and having to endure Ark., hell I would try to leave too!!

Reactions: jonnon111 and Remy
Someone explain this to me . Are they just looking for more money or what is the reason ?
Probably different for each person.

I would be interested to know how portal transfers compare to transfers by non-athletes. I transferred after a year and a half. The school I went to was simply not the right fit for me. I was miserable.

I don't blame them. Have you ever been in that part of Ark (or for that matter many part) for very long. Nice quiet place Ark. (whole lot like my west Tn.) If I were there for what would be 3-4 years of hard work and having to endure Ark., hell I would try to leave too!!
That part of Arkansas is a lot more like east TN than west TN

That part of Arkansas is a lot more like east TN than west TN

I've spent a small amount of time there. For me there is very little that reminds me of east Tn. Now if you get "way out in the back country of East Tn. I guess would be seeing urban west Ark. Sorry the place is really backward to me.

Reactions: Remy and Jaingo
Just goes to show how the open-transfer rules can decimate an entire team so quickly. Here's an idea - if a scholarship player transfers, the new school should have to pay back the scholarship money to the old school.

Reactions: tow9dock
That kind of movement, after that kind of season, smells of some rampant rumor going through the team.

Is someone telling them that their coach is soon to take another job, and getting in the portal now is the best way to follow him?

Or is some slickster telling them he can get them/their families big NIL bucks.
Heck, maybe they're just trotline fishing... putting their bait out there to see if there's a big NIL catfish nibbling when they check it in the morning.

All jokes aside, there is nothing about this that is good for college football in the long term.

It (NIL) only seems like a smart way to destroy college football as a cultural institution. There's nothing about it that sounds like the doings of the NCAA.

Organizations as established, as slow and methodical in their actions, and as financially powerful as the NCAA, have the speed and turning radius of a tectonic plate.

The only logical explanations that I can see are sudden ideological infiltration of the most powerful offices within the NCAA, or lawfare blackmail from the outside.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I used to travel through Arkansas quite a bit and can always remember the 2 beautiful things I saw while traveling. One was a sign saying welcome to Oklahoma and the other was a sign saying welcome to Tennessee! Other than that I didn’t stop and sh!t in Arkansas!!! 😂🤣😂

I've spent a small amount of time there. For me there is very little that reminds me of east Tn. Now if you get "way out in the back country of East Tn. I guess would be seeing urban west Ark. Sorry the place is really backward to me.
If you ever trout fished in the Ozarks you might change your mind. Much like East Tennessee

VN Store

Back