Pons out for Florida game

Not good losing your 7th best player before the toughest stretch of the season , after this week. If nothing else, it means more minutes for the starters and it's getting to the point of the season where their legs get tired. Hopefully JJ can step up but I haven't seen anything out of him yet to give much hope

One injury is not an 'injury bug' , this is a unusual injury at that. Come on we don't need that talk.

These injuries are of course due to a poor Strength & Conditioning Program and that can of course be blamed on Butch Jones &/or Hamilton.

...on a more serious note....I have always figured that Pons was given his starts, because of going all out in Practice.

I may be in the minority here but I absolutely cringe when the ball gets passed to FULK in the post. It is essentially a wasted possession; however, FULK does a nice job of being that high energy guy and never giving up on a play. It is hard for me to really gauge how much Walker has improved due to limited minutes this year. I do like Walker better as a low post defender.

Basketball talk aside, I am a HUGE fan of SLAYER (love your avi). I've seen them in concert 10 times. The first time I heard their stuff was in 1986, and I've been hooked ever since. They were the reason I got into playing guitar.

GO VOLS!

Damn. If it required surgery have to think there will be more recovery than just putting a face mask on.
It is an extremely painful injury. Getting over the severe pain sometimes takes awhile, but every situation is different. I would be surprised if he just misses one or two games, but who knows. I'm sure he'll require a mask to protect himself. Hope he's back soon.

It is an extremely painful injury. Getting over the severe pain sometimes takes awhile, but every situation is different. I would be surprised if he just misses one or two games, but who knows. I'm sure he'll require a mask to protect himself. Hope he's back soon.
Hard to say without knowing the extent of it. My dad required surgery to repair a facial fracture and it took him a long time to recover. Dr told him not to do anything that causes impact or sudden jolts for a long time. Basketball would certainly have qualified. But who knows

Reactions: cardvolfan
I hate that he's going to miss some games. I love watching the guy. Shouldn't have any effect on the game, but will miss seeing him.

FWIW Barnes said yesterday Pons was gonna try and force his way on the court today, but that the staff wasn’t going to allow that.

I like the nickname one of the TV announcers gave to Pons in an earlier game...Air France. Hope he's only out a short time as I really like his athleticism which I find freaky good!

Basketball talk aside, I am a HUGE fan of SLAYER (love your avi). I've seen them in concert 10 times. The first time I heard their stuff was in 1986, and I've been hooked ever since. They were the reason I got into playing guitar.

GO VOLS!
I see you have good musical taste as well.

Looks like he’ll be back Wednesday

I was surprised to see Yves dressed for the game today. He was out on the floor during warm-ups. During the early part he was throwing some passes to the big men as they warmed up. In the second part, he stood in the middle of the floor and watched. He did the same during the post halftime warm-ups. One of the walkons stood next to him and talked to him the whole time.

GO VOLS!
Had to make a fake ID the first time I saw them. I was 16.

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee reserve guard/forward Yves Pons will miss the top-ranked Volunteers' game with Florida after suffering a facial injury while colliding with a teammate in practice.

School officials said Friday on the Tennessee basketball program's Twitter account that Pons underwent a "corrective procedure" on Friday. Pons was injured Thursday.

Reset broken nose perhaps? NEZ CASSE' en Francais

the-shining.jpg

latest

Reactions: Coach_Z

VN Store

Back