Pons out for Florida game

Apparently he was hit in the face in practice and fractured a bone requiring surgery.

His play was better in that last game. I wonder when he will be back?

Seems like a huge opportunity for Walker... let's hope he makes the most of it

Prob puts him on the court a bit more. But they play different positions. Both are primarily defenders, but Pons on backcourt and Walker in the post. Directly, this affects the rotations and PT of Turner, Bowden, Johnson, and even Bone.

Anyone know what happened?

All I have read was "incidental" contact to the face

Damn. If it required surgery have to think there will be more recovery than just putting a face mask on.

These injuries seem to always come at the worst time. He came into the game against Missouri with great energy and looked like the guy that played in the Gonzaga game.

The fact that Fulkerson and Walker are going to be forced into more minutes could be a blessing or a curse. I vote curse.

The fact that Fulkerson and Walker are going to be forced into more minutes could be a blessing or a curse. I vote curse.
I may be in the minority here but I absolutely cringe when the ball gets passed to FULK in the post. It is essentially a wasted possession; however, FULK does a nice job of being that high energy guy and never giving up on a play. It is hard for me to really gauge how much Walker has improved due to limited minutes this year. I do like Walker better as a low post defender.

VN Store

Back