Polyamory becoming legal

Couldnt read the full article but I have no problem with it.

If there is a dude dumb enough to do this go for it. If its between consenting adults it's none of my business.

This is just the government recognizing the wishes of it's people.

Yet marriage has less than 50% success rate. If that's setting the standard...
Statistics show that in the U.S., 50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second, and 74% of third marriages end in divorce. Second marriages have difficulty for a number of reasons. Once a person discovers that he or she can manage a divorce, they are less scared of going through the process again.Jan 9, 2017
Why Do Second Marriages Fail? - Wevorce

Last edited:
Reactions: Wireless1
Then try your luck with two women , you know your wife , double up on her personality and get back to us in a year with the results . 😂
I didn't say it was for me but I love when people who claim to hate govt want them to create very narrow definitions based on irrational arguments. Like this thread

I'm trying to imagine the scenario years later where somebody is being interrogated by the cops and says "It all started when my relationship was recognized and I visited somebody in the hospital....."

Reactions: GVF
I didn't say it was for me but I love when people who claim to hate govt want them to create very narrow definitions based on irrational arguments. Like this thread

I wasn’t speaking to the government setting standards , I was speaking of intelligent people having more than one mate living under the same roof . I don’t really care one way or the other if people want to experience that car wreck , if it doesn’t kill them , they will be smarter when it’s over . Experience is a great teacher .

There is a slide of traditional morality (my morality) but children are more protected today than ever before. I think that trend continues and negates the concern.
Tell that to the poor adopted kids in Roane county. We give outstanding lip service and there will be politicians stand on soapboxes in anguish ailing on the inhumanity, they'll pass a law and forget about it.

It's because of the intertwined nature of govt and these relationships. Something pushed by the same ones arguing against this. Govt was good then but now it's super close to legalizing child rape according to the op
All you're doing is restating half of his argument while ignoring the other half. He stated that he believes gov't shouldn't define marriages. He's asking the government to do more of what he says he believes they shouldn't. This shouldn't be too difficult to understand.

I'm against our entitlement state. I won't then ask them to broaden the entitlements to include me. It's self-refuting.

Reactions: McDad
Your concern about this as a doorway to allow pedophilia rights is ridiculous.

Governments have to do this. Marriage as a legal entity has changed what defined it. As domestic partnerships evolve, so does the law. I think government should not be in the marriage business. That decision is between the people in the marriage and the person who performs the ceremony.

Amen to all. Government can administer civil unions without discrimination (consenting adults).

Amen to all. Government can administer civil unions without discrimination (consenting adults).
100% agreed. Get the govt out of the "marriage" business. Administer civil unions for any couple that wants the tax/dependent benefits and leave "marriage" as a religious institution between the married and God. Churches can "marry" who they want, but that comes with no govt acknowledgment/benefit.

Reactions: tbh and McDad
100% agreed. Get the govt out of the "marriage" business. Administer civil unions for any couple that wants the tax/dependent benefits and leave "marriage" as a religious institution between the married and God. Churches can "marry" who they want, but that comes with no govt acknowledgment/benefit.
Do away with the income tax and you get rid of more excuses for the gov't to be in your family/dependent business.

Wonder if my wife would buy this argument....at the rate things are going up we need a "three income" house to maintain our current standard of living.

Last edited:
Your concern about this as a doorway to allow pedophilia rights is ridiculous.

Governments have to do this. Marriage as a legal entity has changed what defined it. As domestic partnerships evolve, so does the law. I think government should not be in the marriage business. That decision is between the people in the marriage and the person who performs the ceremony.

Which in many cases is the ole JOP. Wait for it...A government employee.

Reactions: McDad
Do away with the income tax and you get rid of more excuses for the gov't to be in your family/dependent business.

No argument here. But given that we do have the income tax, it seems the reasonable position should be government getting out of the marriage business and just define civil unions for tax and spousal right purposes. If it is consenting adults, none of us really should care or judge. Leave the marriage part up to the Church or other personal organization if you so choose and they can have whatever rules they want.

No argument here. But given that we do have the income tax, it seems the reasonable position should be government getting out of the marriage business and just define civil unions for tax and spousal right purposes. If it is consenting adults, none of us really should care or judge. Leave the marriage part up to the Church or other personal organization if you so choose and they can have whatever rules they want.
I have no issue with any of that, fwiw. Except for the "or judge" part. We'll all make personal judgements. We should just all be thick skinned enough not to care what everybody thinks unless they give us a really good reason to.

Reactions: McDad and rjd970
Only in your crazy mind does consenting adults making their own life choices equal child rape. Good lord

Oh the horror

I hope you are right but my kids are all teenagers and some of the tik tok stuff they show me of famous teenage tik tokkers is really crazy and the lines are getting blurred.

Our society seems to be breaking down as a whole and it just seems like the next logical step.

I dont think it goes full blown legal but I do see many more state viewing 16 as legal with no 4 year requirement anymore.

I hope I am wrong but I think its coming.

VN Store

Back