Votes: 44 13.3%
  • Brian Rice

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • Joel Silverburg

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Jimmy Hyams

Votes: 86 25.9%

• Total voters
The biggest thing I am over on that station is the continuous side discussions about TV shows that have Jack 5h1t to do with sports.

And not to be insensitive, but any of them go to the top spot when Rodger calls in. Especially if I am driving.

You people have no idea how good you have it in Knoxville. Spend a week listening to Nashville sports talk radio and you will never complain again.

To hear Nashville sports radio, I would have to be close to Nashville. And that would mean being closer to smelling the stench of Vanderbilt. No thanks.

Reactions: Boogievol
Josh Ward seems like a good dude and handles himself really well on the air. I voted west just because his delivery is over the top.

Josh is starting to seem that way when West isn't there. But teamed with Heather? Still the same odd side discussions.

I voted West too. Seems if we were all sitting in a bar and he were within bottle throwing range, he would need chicken wire around him.

Reactions: KnoxLandcruiser
The biggest thing I am over on that station is the continuous side discussions about TV shows that have Jack 5h1t to do with sports.

And not to be insensitive, but any of them go to the top spot when Rodger calls in. Especially if I am driving.

You done did it now!

Heather and Will have the majority of votes and I can't believe two of the most annoying hosts have 0 votes. Joel and Josh make me cringe every time they open their mouth. Both are so self absorbed and are as opinionated as they come. Their opinion is correct and anyone who disagrees isn't validated in their eyes. Tyler Ivan's should also receive more votes based off his constant self love he imposes on listeners.

This was a poll to see where others saw the station and gauge if it was just me but for the most part, all listed annoy me. I have the 3 listed that don't rile me and enjoy listening to and the rest are bunk. Joel while being smart is a mealy mouth smart Alec and Josh Ward is in the same category. I want to be informed and not hear their skewed opinions either way. Let me decide my own opinion, don't force yours on me.

Your Avatar sums it all up.....Swain, Fox, And Basilio are worse than these clowns. Come on man, wise up!

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLINVONORE
Didn't see Jimmy, smart fan base!!!!!! JH is loved in the media but he is a hack. Always has been and all ways will be. I love when I hear the word respected journalist and Hyams mentioned in the same sentence and it makes me laugh.This man as all except for the three I mentioned enjoy their insights.Smart and insightful takes instead of idiotic opinions. Would rather listen to Hyams than Silverburg Or Ward. Its just me but I care not for either. Hence the poll.

Last edited:
Does anyone have the recording where heather went off on Jeff that morning? It was like 2012 I think. Next caller was roger after Doc throws them out of the studio.

Reactions: Boca Vol
Bill King is good.

Jared Stillman is a hack!
I am not familiar with Bill king. I can't stress enough how much i hate Jared Stillman. I actually tuned in three separate, totally random times and each time he was making fun of the university of Tennessee. He is an incredibly disrespectful, obnoxious little prick.

Reactions: peaygolf
I voted West he's ok for a while but when he starts saying stupid things it's like an avalanche

I didn't vote but one area that's a huge problem as I see it is personal issue discussions. For example discussing how much you drank last night, discussing TV sitcoms you watched last night, discussing politics (although I have very real and passionate political thoughts myself). Having been in radio once upon a time the golden rule is NEVER EVER feel you have the right to be so obnoxious as to discuss your personal life excessively. If it fits into the SPORTS SUBJECT of the day then maybe. But I get so sick of the "younger" guys discussing a question like "when was your drunkest moment and what embarrassing thing did you do" type stuff. I will turn that stuff off so fast your heads spins. As you can tell its a major pet peeve of mine.

I have always thought that this is one of the most negative fan base in the country especially on his site and this poll proves it. WNML is one of the best sport talk stations in the country. When I traveled for work which I did for nearly 7 years I listened to sports talk radio all over the country and I can tell you all this station here is one of the best. Even large cities with all four major teams didn’t have as good of programs, hosts or as much knowledge of their teams as the sports animal have. Every time I was gone I couldn’t wait to get back to listen to these guys.

Sometimes I guess you just don’t know how good you have it until you don’t have it anymore.
Dear God, you can't be serious. I've been all over the country, and there are few worse. I listen every couple of months, hoping I can stand it, but it continues to be a horrendous product if you are capable of coherent thinking.

Reactions: The Hound
I have always thought that this is one of the most negative fan base in the country especially on his site and this poll proves it. WNML is one of the best sport talk stations in the country. When I traveled for work which I did for nearly 7 years I listened to sports talk radio all over the country and I can tell you all this station here is one of the best. Even large cities with all four major teams didn’t have as good of programs, hosts or as much knowledge of their teams as the sports animal have. Every time I was gone I couldn’t wait to get back to listen to these guys.

Sometimes I guess you just don’t know how good you have it until you don’t have it anymore.
Watch out. You are about to be burned for not being a lemming. Group think is rampant.

The problem with sports radio in Knoxville is too much talk about nothing and not enough sports related information. I do not turn to a sports channel to hear about someone’s favorite movie or what is streaming on social media.

When they actually talk about UT or other sports it is usually good information. The stations just need to realize that there is not enough relevant information in one local market to keep it interesting.

I am a fan of Ainge and Swain since the know what they are talking about when delving into sports topics. The Fandango and social media crowd not so much.

VN Store

Back