Poll: What Kind of Coach are you Looking For?

What kind of coach are you looking for?

• CEO

• Offensive Minded

• Defensive Minded

Results are only viewable after voting.
I want a CEO that will bring in coordinators to do the hands on coaching. This way you have a boss (CEO) and specific unit directors (offense, defense, special teams, etc.). Let the boss come up with the overall culture, organization and style of the team but let the directors (coordinators) lead their respective units. Some guys are better CEO's and some are better at the coordinator position. I don't want a guy that should stay a coordinator (Pruitt) try to be a head coach. This can all be vetted during the interview process if done correctly.

*as a follow-up, I want a coach that will adapt to his players, not force his players to adapt to his system. If a coach only has one style, he will fail as soon as he doesn't have the correct players. But if he can adapt, he can win with anyone.

I want a HC that really knows both the O and the D sides of the game.

By knowing both he can then hire a DC and a OC that really is a expert of their side of the ball as well as a ST expert.

Then the HC must know how to communicate to everyone exactly what he expects from everyone and let his coaches do their jobs to the best of their abilities.

If his coaches need a little extra training then the HC needs to see to it that they get exactly the training that they need to become a even better coach under him and for the future.

The HC also needs to be ale to teach the upperclassmen how important it is for them to help teach and train the younger kids and to help hold them accountable which is 1 thing that Nick Satan does excellently.

1 of the big reasons why the 2nd and 3rd string players learn faster and are more ready to hit the field faster is because the Bama Jr's and Sr's are constantly teaching the younger kids to be ready to contribute whenever they're called on.

VFL...GBO!!!

Someone outside the Saban coaching tree and someone not approved by Fulmer. When is the last time he nailed a football hire?

Name of the game is offense anymore and I am of the opinion that the offensive minded coaches are more adaptable.

Their ability (Saban in particular) to recognize that the game was changing and then not only adapt to it, but dominate it is what separates Saban from others. Most coaches will stick to their tried and true methods, but the great ones aren’t afraid to get out of their comfort zone. Part of the reason why we only have one National Title under Phil.
Maybe I wanted to be your echo 👀😅 the real point here is we both aren’t wrong 🙃😬 but at the same time you can’t be out on a coach who’s limited and is doing what he’s told by his boss..just my take😅
Saban even acknowledged this his quote is football has changed with the way offense are spread out. And, thus Saban hired superior offensive minds Lane Kiffin and Steve Sarkisian. How in the hell we didn't hire Steve he isn't Lane Kiffin and even so I would have rehired him. He saw Alabama Defense every day. I cringed when we hired CJP! If you look at the back to back national championships the offense won and the defense was good enough not great. Phil Fulmer is not answer again!

One that has more than two brain cells that work. And can speak the English language.

Their ability (Saban in particular) to recognize that the game was changing and then not only adapt to it, but dominate it is what separates Saban from others. Most coaches will stick to their tried and true methods, but the great ones aren’t afraid to get out of their comfort zone. Part of the reason why we only have one National Title under Phil.

I didn't use to agree with this but watching Phil standby Pruitt and the coaches mentioned he would target if a change is made seem to imply he still believes that "pound the rock" is a viable method in today's game.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
We need to hire their entire compliance dept first. Then we can get some players.

What‘s ironic is that back in the nineties our compliance staff was light years ahead of Bama...it’s an organization you don’t really notice unless they suck...

Reactions: beamerman
I want a coach that gets the very most possible out of 95% of the guys he recruits. One who promotes a culture of team first, who honors the traditions of UT, demands discipline at the highest level, and attracts an entire staff of talented, like-minded assistants who are of one voice.

You find that guy and everything else falls into place.

A coach that can recruit and develop players that are competing with Bama Florida Georgia
Auburn
LSU
K

Tennessee needs to hire the best available coach who knows offense. Power 5 is all about the offense.
Yet, I'd argue that DEFENSE won the Bama Natty. Bama's offense isnt 28 pts better than Ohio State's offense. Bama's defense made more plays, made more stops. I dont think Bama wins the SEC Championship, much less, the Natty, without figuring it out on defense.

We need to hire their entire compliance dept first. Then we can get some players.
Bama is the SEC "Bell-Cow". They can do no wrong. Remember what it was like, to be in their shoes?

In the 90's and early 2000's, UT and UF were all there was .........The SEC West? Pffft! Meat Squad material.

Doesn’t matter if it’s the CEO type or offense minded or defensive minded imo. If you don’t have the backing of an AD that will have your back, no matter what, that stays out of your way but keeps you and your staff in check per se’, and a school President that does the same, it doesn’t matter. And the same for boosters. Keeping boosters on the same page is important. So does it really matter? If a coach can get that going (AD, President, boosters), coaching and keeping a top notch staff on board makes it a hell of a lot easier. That’s what you get at Bama, Clemson, tOSU, OK and other programs that are winning and don’t have a huge staff turnover. Even if Saban, Dabo, Riley, Freeze, Herman or any coach were here at UT, they wouldn’t do anything close where they are at (or were, Herman could of had all that but didn’t) because of the shat show in our Athletic Department.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back