• Yes. He should transfer.

Votes: 323 31.9%

• Total voters
  • No. He should not transfer. He has earned our respect
    Votes: 618 71.2%

Votes: 260 30.0%

• Total voters 868
We have 101.2% votes. Something is not right here. And this is not even algebra I.

• No. He should not transfer. He has earned our respect
    Votes: 618 71.2%

Votes: 260 30.0%

• Total voters 868
We have 101.2% votes. Something is not right here. And this is not even algebra I.
The poll was set up to allow eople to chooseore then one option. Apparently 10-15 people can't make up their minds, so they choose Yes and No.

I don't think anyone is saying he's been "good" to this point in his career. Maddening is a more accurate descriptor. It's more a case of hoping the light comes on for him like Burrow. It's also a realization, that we're going to go into spring ball with JG fully entrenched as the starting QB at UT for next season. Barring something totally unexpected like and injury or the explosion of Hill or Bailey into a starting role, we'll trot JG out there for the first game and hope for the best. Long winded way of saying we know what's coming and we're grasping at straws of hope here. Gotta get behind whomever the staff decides to roll with.

I doubt he’s fully entrenched. Had he come out in Bowl game and had a 300+ yard / 3+ TD performance leading a blowout, Id agree with you.

Seeing that he regressed drastically, I think QB is wide open into the spring.

He has earned some respect, and the nod as the front runner, this spring. But, it'll be more difficult to remain at the top, I think. Bailey and company will push him, like never before.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Probably should remove the respect part out of it. I don’t think he should transfer, but he also hasn’t earned my respect. Only reason I don’t want him to transfer is if Bailey gets injured. It would be nice to have him come off the bench since he has a lot of game experience.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Probably should remove the respect part out of it. I don’t think he should transfer, but he also hasn’t earned my respect. Only reason I don’t want him to transfer is if Bailey gets injured. It would be nice to have him come off the bench since he has a lot of game experience.
Not exactly sure how to take "Hasn't earned my respect"? His results may be mixed, but what's he ever done other than play hard?

The bad Guarantano should get the hell out of town; the good Guarantano should be mentioned as a successor to Peyton Manning. Streakiest Q.B. I've ever seen.

JG has earned my respect. Certainly. I think he's a great young man. I got really irritated with him in that Bama game. But everyone makes mistakes.

I wouldnt xfer if I was him. I hope H Bailey is better than JG and starts next year, but if JG is best then I want him to start. May the best QB win. Trust the Process.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Whether he stays or goes is up to him. I personally think he is just not as good at this level. He really struggles the majority of the time. He has trouble throwing on time. He has accuracy issues. His decision making is also a question. And Whoever rated him on dual threat (running) must have got a HUGE payment from someone. So he may transfer and find a place where the game slows a bit and he may do better. Or if he stays at TN I think he may or may not get to finish the end of the season on the field. Someone might finally bump him from the rotation.

Reactions: Lilcarl731
Not exactly sure how to take "Hasn't earned my respect"? His results may be mixed, but what's he ever done other than play hard?
He hasn’t earned my respect because of his decision making on the field. Nothing personal, just as a football player. He nearly cost us the bowl win and if he had more confidence in himself our team would be considered a contender for the East next year. I’ve always said he has all the talent in the world but there’s something in his head that’s holding him back. Idk if he second guesses himself or just reads coverages too late or what it is. Yes he plays hard and gets back up after taking hits but he also puts our team in a bind consistently. Why do you think he got benched practically every game? Pruitt knows what we all know. JG isn’t performing up to expectations. We should have been up at least 17-0 on Indiana but instead we were settling for field goals because he simply can’t get rid of the ball on time. Instead he’s late with throws and we get ourselves into dogfights instead of winning handily. If we had competent QB play we wouldn’t have to be squeaking out some of these wins. I can respect that he’s tough as nails but on the other side I think his decision making is atrocious most of the time. Hopefully he gets it figured out because our team will be better for it but if he doesn’t then next year will be another roller coaster.

Reactions: Chippo and cgrish
The bad Guarantano should get the hell out of town; the good Guarantano should be mentioned as a successor to Peyton Manning. Streakiest Q.B. I've ever seen.
Yep... That's what makes him maddening. He's an average QB... but not like Rick Clausen/Justin Worley/limited ability type average. He's a plus talent who sometimes makes NFL throws and other times holds the ball or misses easy throws.

I'm sure earning your respect is why he plays the game...

He keeps chugging along even when all the chips are against him, very commendable.

Unless he feels that going elsewhere might be better for himself and his family, I see no reason why he should leave.

With that being said, while I have no problem with him staying on the team and hopefully improving as time goes on, he should not be guaranteed the starting QB spot. While he did well late in the season, Georgia State and BYU are still partly on him. If he can perform well and win games, keep him going. If he looses to another Sun Belt team, put someone else in the starting spot.

I respect him. I don't want him to transfer unless he believes it is better for him to do so.

That said, I hope one of the other guys takes the job and establishes himself as the starter. I don't "hate" Gurantano. He just appears to have innate weaknesses that will limit the O too much until he's replaced.

Reactions: Gandalf and Chippo
Yep... That's what makes him maddening. He's an average QB... but not like Rick Clausen/Justin Worley/limited ability type average. He's a plus talent who sometimes makes NFL throws and other times holds the ball or misses easy throws.

For the life of me I cannot figure out who he compares to. Not even as a Vol, but as in any player ever.

1) Let him and Harrison Bailey battle it out for the starting job. If he loses, he should transfer.

2) One of Maurer/Shrout need to transfer too.

3) Put in some plays for Jimmy Holiday/Kasim Hill.

VN Store

Back