Poll: Should Guarantano transfer?

Should Guarantano transfer?

• No. He should not transfer. He has earned our respect

Votes: 699 69.1%
  • Yes. He should transfer.

Votes: 323 31.9%

• Total voters
I strongly backed him to start the year and was with him when 90% were against.

However, he did struggle for most of the year, but I believe a lot of his problems were induced by the horrible protection he received last year.

Very nice to see him win a few for us when we really needed it.

I don't believe he will/should win starter next year and so unless he wants to be a backup, I think he should transfer.

I checked the NO box because he should come back If he wants to. I doubt it though. Doug Matthews said on his Sunday show that he "thinks" JG's problem early on was the pressure of being "the" QB. When he got benched, the pressure was lifted to not have to carry the team on his back. He does seem to be playing more relaxed lately. I believe Doug has a good assessment.

Here is your chance, as a fan, to say whether Jarrett Guarantano should transfer.
In my opinion, this guy is a warrior. He has given his all for the team and for the school.
I am curious whether anyone would say he should transfer.
He needs to transfer......it will be a crowded quarterback room next year and Pruitt will be in Year 3, ready to win at all cost. JG has been good as of late, but his situation is too dramatic and causes Pruitt to make critical decisions. Lets part on good terms and allow everyone to move forward with a fresh start.

Well if he does it won't be on Butch's team. Botch seems quite content on milking UT for all he can get, while putting 2 coats of wax on Saban's car and shining his shoes..

He’s clearly redeemed himself when many would have shut down after that Bama fiasco. That doesn’t happen without a HC who backs you despite widespread outside sentiment. I voted yes because there’s no way but down imo. It’s heartening that it’s no longer the ONLY sensible decision for himself.

After BYU, we probably all thought this. After Florida i expected these type posts. Bama fumble? Full on kiffin mattress situation.

But after what JG has contributed to this team since South Carolina, and really the game wining drive at state, we can use that experience all day in the qb room. If he transfers i legitimately wish him the best and hope he finds his way to the NFL somehow. Right now my gut says his future is with a headset( I mean this is a good way) but we need all the battle tested experience we can find to make our resurgence next year.

He has earned our respect no matter what he does. Next time try a less biased poll question. Meanwhile, silly to even discuss transfers till after the season ends. If we get a good bowl game and he shows out, that will affect his options IMO.

This is the mentality of the new generation, that received participation trophies their entire life. It's called competition. The best player wins. JG is not a quitter. He has demonstrated that time and time again. He stays focused, prepared and tries to make the best of his opportunities. My hat's off to him for that.

But, if your Mommy says you need to quit if your feelings are hurt, by all means, take your pink tutu and run home sucking your thumb.

Reactions: vols4evah
He should do what he thinks is right for him...
I do believe his paying time next year will be very limited but who knows ....
He could stay and wake up 1 day and play like Peyton Manning....
way to many variables to answer your question....

Yes. I still don't think he fits the offense very well. Maurer has shown me enough that a full off-season of strength and conditioning and getting more familiar with the offense will lead to big things for him in 2020. Harrison Bailey could factor into that as well.

I'll support JG no matter what, but I think 2020 is time for a change.

Here is your chance, as a fan, to say whether Jarrett Guarantano should transfer.
In my opinion, this guy is a warrior. He has given his all for the team and for the school.
I am curious whether anyone would say he should transfer.
Yes. I still don't think he fits the offense very well. Maurer has shown me enough that a full off-season of strength and conditioning and getting more familiar with the offense will lead to big things for him in 2020. Harrison Bailey could factor into that as well.

I'll support JG no matter what, but I think 2020 is time for a change.
I don't think he will not be back next season.

I really like JG but I voted yes because I do like and respect him. There are too many in this fan base who are just waiting on him to make a mistake so they can rail on the kid post after post. If u visit RF you know what I mean so I hope he transfers and balls out his senior year..

VN Store

Back