Poll: Should Guarantano transfer?

Should Guarantano transfer?

• No. He should not transfer. He has earned our respect

Votes: 699 69.1%
  • Yes. He should transfer.

Votes: 323 31.9%

• Total voters
No he should not.
1. This board would fall apart with nothing to chat about if he were no longer around.
2. Everyone wouldn't have an opinion that is 100% right anymore...

Yeah, but you know we will be propping up whoever the 2nd string QB is.

It really will be an interesting decision for him. If he plays well, he could lead the Vols to a very good season in the SEC. What other team could give him that opportunity? Certainly not Rutgers. Who wants to go there and chewed up by Big Ten teams by 50? On the other hand, if he turns back into a pumpkin, Pruitt won't play him 'cause he owes him or anything. He'll go with someone else.

I'd like to see JG come back and play a big role in Tenn competing for the SEC East title and Bailey preserves his redshirt by playing in less than 5 games. That'd be ideal. One thing I don't expect to happen: Maurer, Shrout, JG and Bailey here next yr. I'd say Shrout is probably the most likely to leave
Pitt,Syracuse and Boston College could be transfer possibilities as well

Last edited:
I really had the guy figured wrong mainly I think because the way he was acting when he didn't win the job when Butch was here and seemed to be pouting. He has matured is willing to accept whatever role the coaches want him to play and that has made me respect the guy putting team over self interest. I like the way things are going right now one game JG doesn't have it and Maurer comes in and makes it happen then Maurer can't get it going and JG steps in to gets it done. Everything is about winning the game and I like how players suddenly have that mindset at Tennessee regardless of who is playing.

If I’m JG I stay here and battle it out. No offense to Maurer and JT, but they don’t really scare me if I’m him. I believe Jennings said that JG gives us the best shot to win and I believe that’s.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Here is your chance, as a fan, to say whether Jarrett Guarantano should transfer.
In my opinion, this guy is a warrior. He has given his all for the team and for the school.
I am curious whether anyone would say he should transfer.
He is not a warrior. He is not a leader. He is not a team player. On top of all that, he single handidly cost us a win at Alabama by doing something that was selfish, insubordinate and stupid. That is one dang play I will NEVER forget. EVER!

Reactions: whodeycin85
He is not a warrior. He is not a leader. He is not a team player. On top of all that, he single handidly cost us a win at Alabama by doing something that was selfish, insubordinate and stupid. That is one dang play I will NEVER forget. EVER!

Dumb Award of the Day.

JG should see where things stand after the spring game. If he not the starter at that point then he needs to got to a lower P5 school and finish up with the chance of a solid year getting him a NFL free agent contract.

To be fair he's the same guy that lost to Georgia State, byu,Fla, and the debacle at Alabama. I do see he's improving. What gets me is people that only see what they want to see though, the same people that told us when he was doing poorly that we cannot put that much stock in just a few games where he sucked are the same ones saying we have to put all the stock in these last two or three games where he has played better. You have to look at the entire picture. Personally I hope he doesn't transfer. I do not think he will be the starter next year however.

If jg returns next year he will be the starter, jg is a great practice player, and he will get the start. I still don't think he is our best chance to win this year or next year. Maurer nor shrout has been given much of a chance. shrout performed very good in sc game. Maurer has shown great potential. if either of them had been the starter from game one, they would have the game experience and been a whole lot better now than they are. Jg is a game manager. To beat mo. we are gona have to score at least 30 points jg has never done that offensively in his whole career against sec teams. I don't think jg transfers.

We don't agree on much but I agree, I think this is the most likely scenario, and maybe what's best for us down the road. It would set us up at QB for at least 3 maybe 4 years and would allow us time to recruit the next one.

I think maurer and shrout both will be very good, even a great qb if given the chance. I seen maurers potential with his first start. We marched right down the field against Ga. one of the best defensive teams in the country. All he needs is game experience and coaching to stop the turnovers. Maurer should have been redshirted this year after seeing more of his play after ga.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
The only reason he should transfer is if he wants a fresh start somewhere. He'll probably start next year here too. I'm not saying Maurer didn't flash any talent but he hasn't did enough to take the reigns. Honestly, I think this push has made JG slightly better in a sense.

No. I have been pretty tough on JG, and he deserved it. He has played a lot better coming off the bench. I hope we find a lot better QBs going forward. But, no, he should go down as a contributor, a tough young man, and Vol For Life!

To me, it seems like the kid is making strides. Just curious to see what our chances are on keeping him on the roster next season. I feel like he is starting to bond with the coaching staff

The thing that bothers me more than the Bama fiasco , is the inexcusable misses to wide open DWA & Jennings by a 4th year QB. This is easy High School throws. Doesn't matter if you've had 20 different OC's.
If Maurer or JTS are throwing balls like that by their 4th year ,
I do not want them in the game.
it's just QB malpractice.

Reactions: cgrish

One play cost us a win against Bama? Are you delusional?

Some of yall need a new hobby

I say yes, so he can get away from the hate and concentrate on football and overall happiness, if you think no other team would want and be more successful with JG your IQ is pretty low.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. If you've watched this team for any length of time, you could see that during his freshman and sophomore seasons he was pummeled on nearly every play and got right back up and played the next play. We can argue about whether it was his fault or his O-line's fault, but he got hammered unmercifully back there. IMO he has proven that he is a warrior.

I do not know whether he is a leader or not. That manifests itself on the practice field, in the locker room, in the classroom and on the sidelines, and I'm just not privy to any of that. Good leaders both walk the walk and talk the talk. At least from my outsiders point of view, he seems to me to have the walk the walk part down. I don't know about anything else. If he's not a leader yet, he certainly has the makings of one.

As far as being a team player, his actions this season should put that to rest. If you saw his interview after the Missouri game he wears his Orange on his sleeve. He loves his university and his team and it shows. His play at Alabama was maybe the worst case of 'I know best' that I have ever seen and I will never forget it either. I can't say for sure it cost us a win, but I believe it cost us a shot at one. That play may have been bad, but I'm pretty sure that Pruitt cleared up whatever misunderstanding that they may have had about that since he did it on camera, on national TV. That play aside, IMO his play and his actions this season have showed he wants to play, but he wants to win even more. To me, that is the definition of a team player.

I was pretty critical of his play this season, but not of his heart. He will give his all for Tennessee, I'm just not sure that it will be enough. I have no idea if he will he be our best chance to win next season, but him being a fifth-year senior doesn't hurt his chances. My hope is that the best player plays - regardless of who that is - and we have a talented winner at QB. I don't really care who is back there - I just want to win.

Being a warrior is an admirable trait. It's not enough though. The "it's only a flesh wound" Knight in Monty Python's holy Grail was a warrior. He didn't give up. But he also wasn't a winner.

With the direction this program is heading, we need warriors who are also winners.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back