Poll: Should Guarantano transfer?

Should Guarantano transfer?

• No. He should not transfer. He has earned our respect

Votes: 699 69.1%
  • Yes. He should transfer.

Votes: 323 31.9%

• Total voters
If CJP thinks he should be our QB, who are we to question his decision? It is as if we don't trust CJP to do what is 100% best for UT.

If CJP thinks he should be our QB, who are we to question his decision? It is as if we don't trust CJP to do what is 100% best for UT.

So a 2nd year head coach is now infallible in his decision-making because of what exactly? Because ' we are Tennessee'?

I believe Justin Worley was a better athlete than JG. Someone mentioned how he’s “not limited” like Worley...but honestly jg is the slowest looking QB I’ve seen UT trot out there. Mentally and physically

So a 2nd year head coach is now infallible in his decision-making because of what exactly? Because ' we are Tennessee'?
Yes, yes indeed. Beit his call on who starts, the Xs and Os, or what should be done with troubled players or troubled x-players. We need to get behind his every decision 100%.

I believe Justin Worley was a better athlete than JG. Someone mentioned how he’s “not limited” like Worley...but honestly jg is the slowest looking QB I’ve seen UT trot out there. Mentally and physically
he’s a track star compared to Casey Clausen and Andy Kelly.

Reactions: volmanjr
Agreed. No doubt. JG has a little bit of athletic ability, can run a little when he gets going. But he’s the anti-Dobbs when it comes to having a little quick twitch, with his ability to be decisive when needing to leave the pocket and having any instinctive running abilities. His slow processing of information extends beyond his passing from the pocket, it includes his inability to make plays with his legs.

Reactions: Tnslim1
JG has all the physical tools to be a great Quarterback. We've all seen them.

That said, he needs to get out of his own head. All of his issues are mental mistakes. He psyches himself out (instead of up). Timing, reads, making the wrong calls, staring down receivers, holding the ball too long, forcing plays.... these are all mental mistakes.

If we could get someone in sports psychology to work with him, maybe he could reach consistency. I do think both Mauer and HB have more upside, but both need work in the S&C to be able to stay healthy in the SEC. Hoping Mauer gets ther by Kickoff next season.

JG has all the physical tools to be a great Quarterback. We've all seen them.

That said, he needs to get out of his own head. All of his issues are mental mistakes. He psyches himself out (instead of up). Timing, reads, making the wrong calls, staring down receivers, holding the ball too long, forcing plays.... these are all mental mistakes.

If we could get someone in sports psychology to work with him, maybe he could reach consistency. I do think both Mauer and HB have more upside, but both need work in the S&C to be able to stay healthy in the SEC. Hoping Mauer gets ther by Kickoff next season.
Maybe we should all just get behind the kid, let him know that his best effort is all we can ask for, I doubt he'd need a shrink if we just supported him. If someone wants to throw shade at anyone about who plays QB they should throw it at the coach making millions, not the broke college student who has ZERO say in who plays or doesn't.

All these neverJG guys always fail to mention winning plays that he makes, fail to mention that he played with 7 shining new screws in his hand, so bad that he could not even tie his own shoes, yet somehow, by miracle I guess, he was our winningest QB on the roster, he was statistically superior to every other QB on our roster and he put up more points per possession than any other QB on our roster. It's not unreasonable to believe JG is going to improve this offseason, not unreasonable to believe that he might struggle. I think we'll know pretty quickly this next season if JG is going to be the guy and if he's going to be successful.

An early season win vs Oklahoma will keep JG at QB through at least the Florida game, if we were to win those 2 and JG played well he'd likely start the rest of the season if healthy. Losses to both OK and FL I think he finishes his Tn career on the bench.I also think Pruitt will have him on a short leash and should he struggle any at all vs Oklahoma I'd expect that he probably would not get the start vs Florida.

As for who comes in should JG struggle I personally feel like it will be HB. 5 star guys are expected to be ready to play, both physically and mentally as a Freshman. Also, coaches like experience at the QB position and if Pruitt plays it just right he will have only really used 2 guys at QB for 6-7 years. If he can manage to win 10+ for 2 or 3 of those seasons then it's likely that QB would become a position of strength at Tn because of the experience and talent of JG and HB over those 6 seasons. I picked us to win 10 games this past season and we were two big upset losses away from doing just that, all while starting a wet behind the ears Fr QB 30% of the season who was not ready physically or mentally. We've upgraded the QB room with the addition of HB, there is no reason to believe that JG, BM at JT will not all improve and continue to develop. Experience will very likely start out at QB early in the season and will play until not effective at which point talent will take over, which could be as early as the Oklahoma game or as late as the '21 season should experience play well all of '20. QB play will be a strength because of all the talent and experience in the room next year.

[QUOTE="BigOrangeTrain, post: 17866381, member: 56591"Because most of VN hates JG and puts the vast majority of the blame for us losing on him.[/QUOTE]
Speak for yourself!

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

VN Store

Back