Poll: Prefer Sugar Bowl or Orange Bowl. List reason for preference below.

Sugar Bowl or Orange Bowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't care either way. They're both really good bowl games. I just want a interesting matchup. Clemson is looking likely in the orange bowl unless UNC beats them.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
1. Weather
2. Weather. Sunshine.
3. Weather. Orange T shirts
4. Dabo. Playing above your standard punching weight is preferable that dropping down to play Big 12 programs. With Dabo, nothing but upside.
5. Venue. North Miami suburbs are preferable and cheaper than Canal Street or French Quarter. NOLA, Lucky Dogs and Lone Star Beer are only fun if you are in a dome playoff tilt of national importance.
6. History. Tennessee hasn't been to the Orange Bowl since Peyton Manning led the big orange in the 1998 game against Nebraska, laying the foundation for the national championship the following year. Tennessee hasn't won the Orange Bowl since 1939 when Robert R. Neyland led the big orange to a shut out of Oklahoma, laying the foundation for everything Tennessee football has been over the last 80 something years.

I vote Orange.

1. Kickoff time: Prime time vs noon.

2. Venue: I personally prefer Miami to New Orleans.

3. Opponent: I would prefer to play UNC or Clemson over K-State.
No question about #2. I was shocked on my last visit how scuzzy New Orleans has gotten. I didn’t feel comfortable walking down the streets near the Quarter unless we were in a big group

I used to be a Dabo fan. But the more he flaps his gums the more I detest him. I'd love to see us get a chance to beat his bitch ass. Throw in the fact that Clemson is a much bigger brand name than K State, and the fact that Dabo does major damage to us in recruiting wars (not just in the Carolinas but here in Tennessee), and it's a no-brainer for me. Orange Bowl all day long.

Sugar. More UT fans in the stands.
Not necessarily.
if Sugar gets Texas or KState, they both travel very well.
if Orange, we would have huge turnout to go to beach and stop off in Orlando for Disney. Plus if we face Clemson, our fan base hates them.

Not necessarily.
if Sugar gets Texas or KState, they both travel very well.
if Orange, we would have huge turnout to go to beach and stop off in Orlando for Disney. Plus if we face Clemson, our fan base hates them.

I would probably make the trip.

Ok voting Sugar just because it has been so long since we have been AND it has always associated with the best SEC team (yes I know they have changed it ALOT in the last few years. Having a chance to go to Burbon street and party during the new year would be fun.

Also I was there the last time we went to the sugar bowl and had such a great time on new year’s celebrating 1991 and 90% of the fans were vols and a very small UVA fans and their “band”

So I vote for sugar for nostalgia sake

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Orange because its the damn ORANGE BOWL!...Reason 2 is my selfishness and wanting to see my VOLS playing in my town and being able to take my son to his first UT game...Did i mention its in Miami and its warm and sunny and has some really hot women here?...I mean do you want to go eat some hot gumbo and get indigestion and possibly get a curse put on ya or do you wanna see some hot latin women?....Easy answer unless your a woman lol

Orange because its the damn ORANGE BOWL!...Reason 2 is my selfishness and wanting to see my VOLS playing in my town and being able to take my son to his first UT game...Did i mention its in Miami and its warm and sunny and has some really hot women here?...I mean do you want to go eat some hot gumbo and get indigestion and possibly get a curse put on ya or do you wanna see some hot latin women?....Easy answer unless your a woman lol
OK I'm in !

I hope we get Sugar for a number of reasons.
1 Dome.. perfect for this offense.
2 Validation.
3 Florida the state is a better place to travel than Louisiana for recruiting purposes. But Some.
4 I wanna see this offense in a Dome

Reactions: Jeff Clark
I vote Orange.

1. Kickoff time: Prime time vs noon.

2. Venue: I personally prefer Miami to New Orleans.

3. Opponent: I would prefer to play UNC or Clemson over K-State.
I’ll add to that……Orange bowl….MIAMI….It screams partying !!!! Miami beaches and night life Vs New Orleans = Not close !!! And the WARMER WEATHER for you to enjoy outside ! Doesn’t hurt your in Florida and can recruit !!!

Oh do I love the Cuban food….night life and the beautiful dark skin woman. Man I miss home TAMPA

Probably Clemson. My reasoning is that they make a lot of playoffs and Dabo’s comments after the SC game. That said I don’t really mind either way. Mostly I just want to see CJH and co. spend the extra practice time effectively and have our team playing whoever they play to the best of their ability.

I pick the Sugar Bowl! I was at the last 2 Sugar Bowls that TN played in, Jan. 1st 1986 and 1991. Both GREAT GAMES!!! Plus bringing in the New Year at Jackson square with the ball drop was a blast!!!
We have not played in a Sugar Bowl in over 30 years!
I believe TN has played in 7 sugar bowls and only 3 of those were in the past 60 years.
I WISH we could play Clemson in the Sugar Bowl.

VN Store

Back