Poll: Fan Behavior

Was throwing debris onto the field, fans, band, and cheerleaders:

• Acceptable

Votes: 150 18.0%
  • Unacceptable

Votes: 683 82.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love Tennessee and our fan base, but I don’t think many claim we’re a sophisticated bunch😂
I agree it should not be allowed. Truthfully I think the alcohol sales shouldn’t be happening after last night but I’m sure I’m in the strong minority on that one
But don’t be surprised if that isn’t one of the first casualties. I no longer drink, but those who do it responsibly will pay for the ones that can’t.

Reactions: Vol49er
unacceptable, just adds to the espn tailor park mentality. Boy do they look right. I have been a fan for 54 yrs and this is the most trashy action I have ever seen.

Unacceptable but not surprising. It seems a lot of people under 50 don’t have any class anymore.
Its not about class. At that point in the game people over 50 had already been up well past their boomer bedtimes and don’t have the energy to care

This isn’t hard. It was unacceptable. Don’t add a “but” or “if” or anything after that statement. The idiot fans changed the convo that would be going on today about the Barron strip TD to Danny White and the SEC making a statement on our jackass fans at the end of the game…… i seriously doubt the SEC rules official in the league office will issue an explanation or ruling on the Barron play now. Great job fans

The two have nothing to do with one another…. If they SEC won’t hold the officiating team accountable then the member universities should very publicly ask why. And they should ask until they get an answer…

Our own people, even our cheerleaders, were being hit with trash, bottles, and worse. Not acceptable. If you're going to throw crap, at least have better aim. If the reports of glass bottles being thrown are true, then some people belong in jail.

I set very low in the south endzone. Some of the first trash throw onto the field was by the 30/40 yo son and 60/70 yo mother setting beside us. Several of KPD’s finest and event staff were within 20’ and witnessed this behavior with no attempt to stymie it.
Do you think the 17% that think the behavior was acceptable was LEO

Stupid poll. Bottle throwing unacceptable. Being vocal and passionate about your team getting screwed because of flopping- acceptable. The atmosphere before and during the game was great. Neyland hasn’t been that electric in years. The flopping ruined the outcome. But you can’t deny that those that were there were witnessing whyNeyland is one of the best and most unique venues in college football. Perfect weather helped.

National media loves to pile on Tennessee no doubt and we’ve kind of asked for it over the years. However, if we start winning the narrative will change. Look at bama, they are bigger dipsh!it’s than we are but they win so it doesn’t matter.

We will win with CJH.

Reactions: Wireless1
I nominate the Ole Miss defense for the Lebron James Flopper of the year award...

Reactions: Wireless1
So this tells me that about 17% of our fans would do this type of behavior... this poll is actually useful as it describes our fan base a little more.

Except it doesn’t account for the guy who sees it as unacceptable now but didn’t last night after beer 14.

I’m wondering how this will affect those deciding bowls. After the fans went nuts and created a nightmare for those in attendance, I’m thinking our bowl chances are slim and none. Also gives NCAA more reason to keep us out of a bowl game. Excellent performance by players. Horrible officiating. Horrible fan behavior.

Completely dreadful and utterly unacceptable because this showed the fans decide to be violent toward Cheerleaders and other persons if they don't get the desired results.
Fans can be frustrated with a disappointing result except it's completely wrong to deal with that frustration and disappointment by intentionally hurting persons which undeniably Volunteers fans did by throwing things at Volunteers cheerleaders and onto the Football Field.

I'm very embarrassed as a Volunteers Football fan that this dreadful behavior was shown by Volunteers fans on ESPN.

Let me get it out of the way: nobody should be throwing bottles, balls, or other objects on the field.

But the pearl clutching over some rowdy college students at a tightly contested football game is a little over the top. Make an example of who you can and move along. The amount of outrage and coverage this is getting is nuts.

The game was delayed for more than 10 minutes which is why this is going to continue to get coverage until most likely something just as awful happens in an other College Football game.

VN Store

Back