Poll: Fan Behavior

Was throwing debris onto the field, fans, band, and cheerleaders:

• Acceptable

Votes: 150 18.0%
  • Unacceptable

Votes: 683 82.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This poll is like asking if you support saving the earth instead of Do your support spending 10 trillion dollars to slow climate change. The devil is in the details.

So this tells me that about 17% of our fans would do this type of behavior... this poll is actually useful as it describes our fan base a little more.
You have an even smaller group that would go to greater measures and wait for the right time to strike.
It was a horrible spot on that 4th down.
It was much to close to call it the way they did.

UT fans care. Obviously some...waaaaay too much.

Those officials effed The Vols last night. That should have been a Top 25 win. They took points off the board....6 points.
Vols lost by 5...

It was the equivalent of when Floyd Mayweather knocking out Vargas AFTER they hugged for 2nd time when he still didn't have his hands up...AND then the ref telling Mayweather to go in his corner while Vargas recovers with no 10 count, because "he wasn't ready ".

Unacceptable but not surprising. It seems a lot of people under 50 don’t have any class anymore.

It is inexcusable, but I understand why it got to that point and sometimes it needs to happen. Wish it was done some other way and everything that needs to be fixed will be overshadowed by what happened in the stands unfortunately. Refs and Kiffin steam need to be held accountable as well but won’t happen.

This situation is too complex for such a binary poll as this. There is too much blame to go around. Alcohol. Intentional inflaming of passions by the visiting team. Coach allowing the unsportsmanlike practice of faking injuries. A recently disciplined crew reffing the game. An extremely questionable call that takes points off the board. A CFB system that is satisfied with the same few teams at the top because it's a money-maker while it also effectively bars entry to all but a handful of teams. A game that got stretched way too long because of unsportsmanlike tactics. And then you mix in bad, unacceptable behavior from fans (both UT's and Ole Miss's). There is no linear causation here. It was an explosive concotion that had been brewing for a long time and got lit last night into an explosion. All those involved should question themselves ... the bottle throwers, the unsportsmanlike, low-character guest in the stadium (CLK), the AD who allowed too much alcohol to be sold for the profits, the corrupt referee system, and the CFB business itself (which is basically a monoply involving ESPN, the NCAA, the betting industry, and two or three mega-powerful conferences). I consider the behavior of all of those folks to be unacceptable. I hope that some good will come from the Riot at Neyland.

I’m mad as heck about the officiating throughout but the way a relatively small group of fans dealt with it is unacceptable, period.

I’m there with my kids proudly wearing the orange and white and screaming on defense for 4 hours. It is unacceptable that I had a full beer can whiz past my head and hit the guy 2 rows I front of me. It’s unacceptable that my 13-year old son had a beer can explode next to him and get beer all over his new Vol sweatshirt.

Thamel is an idiot, clickbait punk. The SEC reffing ineptitude was beyond infuriating. But surely we can agree the response was unacceptable. Gee whiz, not a single ole miss person nor ref we’re negatively impacted, but the idiots were putting other UT fans in danger.

I was there and get the frustration. That is not an excuse to toss near full beer cans from the upper level. Had that hit some in the head it could have sent them to the hospital.

Reactions: mercuryvol
My only thing is not all the trash made it to field. If my daughters were there and got hit by a bottle from the upper deck I would have serious problems with it also. But I do understand the why just not hitting our on people.

My son played for Furman. Marshall fans are the very worst. The players had to wear their helmets on and off the field because Marshall "fans" threw batteries and rocks at them. I promise you don't want to be compared to marshall.

Game never should’ve got that far. 1st quarter they should’ve stormed the field, grabbed that ref, and thrown him in the River. Have some divers in there in case he can’t swim, and because we’re nice.

After a decade of butt chugging incidents, Schiano Sunday, life championships, McDonalds bags of cash, Jarrett Guarantano's play, now we should be embarrassed, got it.
I said that last night. All these times the past 15 years they told TN fans we should be embarrassed has lead up to what?..
102,455. Last night’s crazy atmosphere, and not having the Rutgers coach.
When they take the fun of football away, we make our own fun..
see:
every coaching search
The Schiano thing
Last night
Heupel doing good things tho.

I said that last night. All these times the past 15 years they told TN fans we should be embarrassed has lead up to what?..
102,455. Last night’s crazy atmosphere, and not having the Rutgers coach.
When they take the fun of football away, we make our own fun..
see:
every coaching search
The Schiano thing
Last night
Heupel doing good things tho.
And watch……..somehow, some way, we will hire Gruden. Why? Because we are unpredictable

VN Store

Back