Poll: Doug Marrone as Head Coach?

Poll: Doug Marrone as Head Coach?

• Yes

Votes: 100 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 472 82.5%

• Total voters
That's saying you definitely want to quit football, then. Freeze isn't coming no matter how he feels about it. It's not even guaranteed that the SEC would let him back in.
Well, we're not trying if it's not being reported that he's been rejected by NCAA

Well, we're not trying if it's not being reported that he's been rejected by NCAA
We shouldn’t try unless we’re cool with having worse NCAA violations plus a coach putting prostitution on the company card. It would save us time when we need to find a cause to fire him, so he’s got that going for him.

If you regard yourself as the Syracuse of the SEC, then it is only natural to hire one of Syracuse's old coaches.

Perfect hire for a program who considers an 8-win season worthy of a raise and an extension.

You look out there and you see proven Power 5 alternatives in Herman and Malzahn. You see astute tacticians and proven program builders in Freeze, Napier, and Chadwell. Any of them would be better than a guy who barely built Syracuse up into an above-average program in a dying conference.

We shouldn’t try unless we’re cool with having worse NCAA violations plus a coach putting prostitution on the company card. It would save us time when we need to find a cause to fire him, so he’s got that going for him.
Cause all our fans are sitting around saying "yeah, we suck, but at least we don't have coaches hiring prostitutes".

I'm sure he's moved on or figured out a better way. I'm willing to bet no one would care in a year or two and is as close to a sure thing this program will get. Or we can keep up the path we've been on for almost TWO DECADES

Last edited:
Reactions: igotworms
From a High School!!
Briles has been the target of speculation in this offseason's coaching carousel, including at Liberty, should Hugh Freeze leave for another job. Ian McCaw, who resigned at Baylor amid the scandal, is Liberty's athletic director.

Cause all our fans are sitting around saying "yeah, we'r suck, but at least we don't have coaches hiring prostitutes".

I'm sure he's moved on or figured out a better way. I'm willing to bet no one would care in a year or two and is as close to a sure thing this program will get. Or we can keep up the path we've been on for almost TWO DECADES
Given who hired him, I'm certain it's a case of finding somebody who isn't interested in looking under the rug.

If you said yes. You don't care if we are good or not. There is no pride with that pick. As a fan base we don't need another thing dividing us.

Reactions: Herman Hickman
If you said yes. You don't care if we are good or not. There is no pride with that pick. As a fan base we don't need another thing dividing us.

Nope. If this is it, then it is a comfort pick. If it is Marrone, then the folks making this decision want someone who can play nice with the athletic director. Can't see why one of these other coaches available couldn't do that job just as well as Marrone.

If you regard yourself as the Syracuse of the SEC, then it is only natural to hire one of Syracuse's old coaches.

Perfect hire for a program who considers an 8-win season worthy of a raise and an extension.

You look out there and you see proven Power 5 alternatives in Herman and Malzahn. You see astute tacticians and proven program builders in Freeze, Napier, and Chadwell. Any of them would be better than a guy who barely built Syracuse up into an above-average program in a dying conference.

Right now 8 wins would be glorious. We must walk before we can run. Those close to the situation feel a stabilizing figure will get the nod as the next head coach should a change be made. Doug Marrone fits that description. I’m not a fan.

Not voting. Freeze and Chadwell are better choices, but I am not as pissed about Marrone as I was about the last three hires. I thought they all sucked from day one.

10 yes votes...I see the fans from other schools are visiting us today because ANY Tennessee fan that would vote yes for that guy should have their VOL card taken away from them and burned right in front of them.
Problem is, he’s better than the last three clowns we hired.

Preference would be Malzahn. Auburn was stupid for firing him and Malzahn knows how to beat Saban. Something this program hasn't done since Saban has been at Bama. Plus he would bring stability back and be able to compete to win the SEC East by year 2.

As far as Marrone goes, he's much much better than what we currently have here at head coach.

FWIW Marrone is down the list for me. I do think it could be an interesting hire. He has coached with several great assistant coaches. Does it change things if he can get Lovie Smith to come on the staff at some capacity?

Probably don't need to ask Jalen Ramsey or all of the other Jags that have forced their way out of Jacksonville the past 3 years.....

You can put most of that mess on Tom Coughlin.
No, not because he can’t coach but because there are better candidates to be had.

VN Store

Back