Poll: Doug Marrone as Head Coach?

Poll: Doug Marrone as Head Coach?

• Yes

Votes: 100 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 472 82.5%

• Total voters
No. Hell no. If UT goes that route over whats available, Football program wont get another penny from me or my family. Sick of this.

When are you going to learn. Fans make this statement like it really means anything. 50k fan donors isn’t really a blip when you have donors that can write multi million dollar checks without blinking an eye. Plus factor in SECN money.

Empty Neyland. Stop buying merchandise. Stop buying tickets. Keep on preaching that like it means something. It doesn’t.

When are you going to learn. Fans make this statement like it really means anything. 50k fan donors isn’t really a blip when you have donors that can write multi million dollar checks without blinking an eye. Plus factor in SECN money.

Empty Neyland. Stop buying merchandise. Stop buying tickets. Keep on preaching that like it means something. It doesn’t.
It does when people stop showing up.

10 yes votes...I see the fans from other schools are visiting us today because ANY Tennessee fan that would vote yes for that guy should have their VOL card taken away from them and burned right in front of them.

I think a lot of fans are so punch drunk they have adopted an "any port in a storm" mentality.

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
No, but not because I don't think he's a better choice than Pruitt.

The NFL coaching carousel is just starting to warm up and Marrone taking anything in the college ranks seems a bit early and could cost him another NFL opportunity.

No, but not because I don't think he's a better choice than Pruitt.

The NFL coaching carousel is just starting to warm up and Marrone taking anything in the college ranks seems a bit early and could cost him another NFL opportunity.

After the way he left Buffalo, and the way Jags players felt about him, I doubt he's getting any NFL HC interviews any time soon.

Depends on our other realistic options. He would be an improvement over what we’ve had whether we want him or not
He’s not going to be any better than Pruitt from a W/L standpoint. I don’t think he will be able to spark excitement with potential recruits either.

I thought we were trying to save our program not just tread water until something comes along. Tired of Phil calling in his old friends who have gotten canned somewhere else. If you know or have ever worked for or with Phil Fulmer you are not the solution as we have been there, done that.

After the way he left Buffalo, and the way Jags players felt about him, I doubt he's getting any NFL HC interviews any time soon.
Agreed, but I'm not sure an OC/OL position in the NFL, staying in the league, wouldn't be better in the long run if he thinks he has an NFL future.

2013- It couldn’t get any worse than Dooley. Botch says hold my beer.

2018- It couldn’t get any worse than Botch. Pruitt says hold my beer.

2021- it couldn’t get any worse than Pruitt

At least I have somewhat confidence in Marrone's overall coaching ability. Not much confidence, but it's more than I can say for Pruitt.

Depends on how much he's willing to work for and how he's willing to structure his contract. Pay him the SEC average and make his buyout a flat $5 million if he wins less than 5 games after the first season. Load him up with incentives.... then see what he can do.

Look at Wes Rucker breaking stories 10 years ago.

Mostly this just makes me sad that this coaching search has last essential more than a decade.

Reactions: golfballs
He'd be a disaster. Just like he has been every other place he's coached. Insanity to even consider him with the pool of unemployed coaches currently on the market.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
He'd be a disaster. Just like he has been every other place he's coached. Insanity to even consider him with the pool of unemployed coaches currently on the market.

Agreed. But this is TN we are talking about. I mean look at who we have hired since Fulmer.

VN Store

Back