Poll: Are you done with Pruitt?

Poll: Are you done with Pruitt?

• Yes

Votes: 361 34.5%
  • No

Votes: 688 65.8%

• Total voters
Same idiots voting "no" are the ones that refused to see the problems with Butch and Dooley until it was way too late. If you're not over this **** then nothing will get you there and you're just as big of losers as JG and company.

Reactions: whodeycin85
I’m not saying fire Pruitt, but if a coach needs four recruiting cycles to get “his” players so his team doesn’t lose 34-7 to Kentucky, then he’s probably not the guy
I wish Dan Mullen needed 4 years of his recruiting classes to take over a 4-7 team and be successful. I wouldnt habe to be dreading that upcoming beatdown in December.

Reactions: AllVols
In 2.5 years, the only thing I’ve seen that Pruitt is good at is recruiting. And after telling a broadcast team for a nationally televised game that he doesn’t have time to coach beyond the 2-Deep, recruiting is probably done too

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I'm certainly less enthused with him at this point than I thought I would be. I will say though that as many others have stated, for better or worse, he is our guy until at least 2023. The COVID-19 financial impact and that extension Fulmer gave him, as minimal as it was, pretty much ensures that unless we go winless in 2021 he is here till the buyout is a little more tolerable.

I'm also not convinced that firing him would do much good anyway. We kind of are who are at this point. I know we were an elite program up till the past 15 years, but the leadership and our boosters have pretty much shown us they aren't going to spend the money to hire an elite coach so what does firing Pruitt really get us anyway? It gets us nowhere. We'd be back on another hellish coaching search, continue to reinforce to coaches that if you don't immediately succeed your fired, and we'd end up hiring another guy in a similar vein to Pruitt who is unproven and needs a few years to "get his guys" in here.

It's a vicious cycle at this point and I think the only way we can break this cycle is to hope and pray Pruitt is indeed the guy and that maybe with a few more years on the job and a new QB he can break the mold of coaches who don't succeed unless they win early.

I have been a fervent fan for 4+ decades, I am not even tired of the craptastic UT football program anymore, I have come to not care. They dont need my fandom, my donations, my purchases of Vol gear and tickets because UT doesnt care about its fanbase. Hired an unproven coach after the worst coaching search known to NCAA football, to learn on the job and the results are what we should have expected. Pruitt is a great DC and recruiter, but in year 3, he has lost his team and fans again. No consistancy and no accountability. 12 years of being sold on new coaches, Kiffen's NCAA infractions and his personal indiscretions, Dooley a coach with a losing record and losing attitude, Butch's brick by brick wall was built out of paper bricks and flamed up as soon as the fire got hot. Now we are at Pruitt, can she salvage this season...not this time..I think we are about to witness an epic meltdown of UT football that will look like Lyles last season...I hope I am wrong, but if I not....I dont really care anymore...bring on bball season

No, but getting very close. I'm still not sold on Pruitt. I never was excited about him being hired in the first place. He needs to earn his 4 million salary and turn it around. It's year 3 with his staff and 95 percent of the roster are his recruits. Paitence is running extremely thin. Anything under .500 (with the 15th best roster in the nation) and I'll be completely done.

No.

Because all he has to do is keep JG on the bench.

Thats it.

JG is the sole reason we lost to KY. The sole reason we lost to BYU and GA State.

Pruitts fault for playing him, but this team runs well and all trajectory is positive until JG himself goes rogue, throws into triple coverage, stares his receiver down into an interception and falls apart.

You guys saw how the defense was crushing them at the beginning right?

You saw how we were running on them quite effortlessly and when JG had good throws we moved right down the field on them.

I hear all the issues with Chaney, defending slant routes, rbs not breaking tackles, etc... but those are things you can actually get better at and are normal issues to deal with.

Without JG completely falling apart in a way only he can, we probably dominate that team. Its clear as day.

It is an indictment on Pruitt that he played JG. That he never went out and made sure he got somebody better in the transfer market. But JG teased him just enough. JG was suppose to manage us into a decent record. He was on his way to doing that after the first two and a half games. I thought he maybe got over his ability to completely fall apart. Pruitt bet on that and lost big time.

This is maybe a blessing in disguise for everybody involved though, take JG out for good and play for the future. For all we know somebody will be better! Maurer was basically better for a stretch last year. Its not impossible. Unless you're Georgia, our offensive line can open up holes in the running game.

One of those guys can take over the same game plan that was suppose to dominate KY and not throw two pick 6's and fumble in one quarter.

No.

Because all he has to do is keep JG on the bench.

Thats it.

JG is the sole reason we lost to KY. The sole reason we lost to BYU and GA State.

Pruitts fault for playing him, but this team runs well and all trajectory is positive until JG himself goes rogue, throws into triple coverage, stares his receiver down into an interception and falls apart.

You guys saw how the defense was crushing them at the beginning right?

You saw how we were running on them quite effortlessly and when JG had good throws we moved right down the field on them.

I hear all the issues with Chaney, defending slant routes, rbs not breaking tackles, etc... but those are things you can actually get better at and are normal issues to deal with.

Without JG completely falling apart in a way only he can, we probably dominate that team. Its clear as day.

It is an indictment on Pruitt that he played JG. That he never went out and made sure he got somebody better in the transfer market. But JG teased him just enough. JG was suppose to manage us into a decent record. He was on his way to doing that after the first two and a half games. I thought he maybe got over his ability to completely fall apart. Pruitt bet on that and lost big time.

This is maybe a blessing in disguise for everybody involved though, take JG out for good and play for the future. For all we know somebody will be better! Maurer was basically better for a stretch last year. Its not impossible. Unless you're Georgia, our offensive line can open up holes in the running game.

One of those guys can take over the same game plan that was suppose to dominate KY and not throw two pick 6's and fumble in one quarter.

Wrong. The defense and the majority of the team completely quit in the second half against Kentucky yesterday.

I'm not done with Pruitt, but not completely buying what he's selling either.

The remainder of this season will tell the tale for me...how does he respond to all the criticism after the loss, how does he move past JG, does he do anything with the OC during the season, how does he get this team to respond?

Unfortunately, my more practical side weighs in and I realize that win or lose we get Pruitt for at least one more season. AD still paying Butch, the COVID year, the extension, and I think Fulmer gives him some rope to see what if any changes he might make in the off season.

I love the schedule we are playing this year. It will show the exact status of this program in the SEC. No more padding the win column with the patsies UT schedules to barely make it to bowl qualification. Hopefully people will finally realize we have been playing at a Sunbelt or Ohio Valley level and need to do something to make us competitive in the SEC. 0-9 against our main SEC competition is who we are.

If he brings in top 10 recruting class we should keep him for another year and see what happens. However, that recrutiing sucess will only happen if we don't completely fall apart in the rest of the games this year. If we end up with losing record this year (which sadly seems likely at this point) recruits will certainly go elsewhere (how do you even make a case to someone to not go to UK right now instead of UT)?

I hated the hire then and I hate it now. Tired, sick and over these second hand crap coach leftovers. Hire a real damn football coach. A proven winner. Pllllleeeeaaaasssseeee!

I think we needed to lose that badly for anyone to have a hard case for playing for the future. Probably hard lessons for a defensive guy to learn. If he doesn’t learn just like he wants everyone else to learn, there’s a problem. JG is not the answer. He can blame calls on Chaney who I feel is surprisingly bad this year, but a 5th year senior should not need the OC to call plays anyways. So, there is that. Regardless, we got our butts handed to us and now it is time for him to make serious adjustments. If he does not, and we continue to lose, I believe he should resign and go back to being a DC at a big time school. I do think Pruitt has the class to do that. I hope it doesn’t come to that, however, and that he secures his future or at least buys more time by playing HB.

VN Store

Back