Poll: Are you done with Pruitt?

Poll: Are you done with Pruitt?

• Yes

Votes: 361 34.5%
  • No

Votes: 688 65.8%

• Total voters
I voted no initially, but after naming JG starter again, I'm over it. Every team in the country seems to find a way with their backups, yet we can't?

I hear you, but we all know that also ain't happening. Best case scenario is JG plays his best football the remaining games and we start over next year fresh. We're not going to see another qb this year in a game until its waaaaay too late in said game or just for one series to hand the ball off. It's just the way it is.
And it sucks

No.

Because all he has to do is keep JG on the bench.

Thats it.

JG is the sole reason we lost to KY. The sole reason we lost to BYU and GA State.

Pruitts fault for playing him, but this team runs well and all trajectory is positive until JG himself goes rogue, throws into triple coverage, stares his receiver down into an interception and falls apart.

You guys saw how the defense was crushing them at the beginning right?

You saw how we were running on them quite effortlessly and when JG had good throws we moved right down the field on them.

I hear all the issues with Chaney, defending slant routes, rbs not breaking tackles, etc... but those are things you can actually get better at and are normal issues to deal with.

Without JG completely falling apart in a way only he can, we probably dominate that team. Its clear as day.

It is an indictment on Pruitt that he played JG. That he never went out and made sure he got somebody better in the transfer market. But JG teased him just enough. JG was suppose to manage us into a decent record. He was on his way to doing that after the first two and a half games. I thought he maybe got over his ability to completely fall apart. Pruitt bet on that and lost big time.

This is maybe a blessing in disguise for everybody involved though, take JG out for good and play for the future. For all we know somebody will be better! Maurer was basically better for a stretch last year. Its not impossible. Unless you're Georgia, our offensive line can open up holes in the running game.

One of those guys can take over the same game plan that was suppose to dominate KY and not throw two pick 6's and fumble in one quarter.

Some of yalls obsession with JG and his shortcomings is a little scary.

JG has zero to do with the defense sucking at tackling and at covering the middle..even though many want to blame him

JG isnt a good qb..but to pretend that he is the sole reason for this team's struggles is simply devaluing the impact poor coaching has on the restnof the team.

You may have to look into getting you some new friends..😁😁

I totally agree though...this hire was a head scratcher from the start and i didnt understand why so many were willing to pretend it was a great hire. But like you i tried to buy at every glimmer of improvement, even going so far as to brag in how dominant our Oline was going to be...embarrassing

Reactions: hexnut
Don’t know yet. Where else do you go? I know people are sick of hiring coordinators and small college coaches, but where else do you go? As evidenced by the past two coaching searches none of the big dogs are interested.

Some of yalls obsession with JG and his shortcomings is a little scary.

JG has zero to do with the defense sucking at tackling and at covering the middle..even though many want to blame him

JG isnt a good qb..but to pretend that he is the sole reason for this team's struggles is simply devaluing the impact poor coaching has on the restnof the team.
He is the sole reason these conversations are happening.

Yes we have other issues, but JG compounds all of them.

Serious issue with covering the middle of the field. Yes, absolutely. It is the only serious issue the defense has and it can be fixed, because we have played way better on defense with this staff.

Puzzles me that people forget how much Pruitt and company developed everybody last year.

Remember the offensive line coming into form last year?

The entire defense went from an embarrassment to ranked 23rd in the country.

The entire team improved exponentially from the beginning of last year to the end of last year.

Only one man was responsible for the majority of its struggles though and two of its worst loses.

JG.

When JG routinely demoralizes an entire team the entire team struggles. Kentucky couldn't move the ball at all until JG and Shrout gifted them 4 turnovers and 17 points.

Our defense actually only gave up one touchdown to Georgia after JG's three turnovers in the third quarter.

They have struggled more because JG keeps them on the field for 60 minutes when in reality they really aren't all that bad. Certainly not hopeless.

We saw with average QB play from JG an undefeated Tennessee team leading at halftime @ 3rd ranked Georgia.

I blame Pruitt big time for us still having JG trot out onto the field, but he has developed guys. We saw it the entirety of last year and we have seen it at times this year. We did lose a good number of senior leaders and usually a team needs a little time to adjust to that.

All that said, with an average to good QB we are easily 3-2, with far less embarrassing losses. Top 15 team. Just like we were going into UGA and plenty of that recruiting momentum making us more talented and capable of beating top 5 programs.

Serious issue with covering the middle of the field. Yes, absolutely. It is the only serious issue the defense has and it can be fixed, because we have played way better on defense with this staff.

Puzzles me that people forget how much Pruitt and company developed everybody last year.

The entire team improved exponentially from the beginning of last year to the end of last year.

Only one man was responsible for the majority of its struggles though and two of its worst loses.

JG.

When JG routinely demoralizes an entire team the entire team struggles. Kentucky couldn't move the ball at all until JG and Shrout gifted them 4 turnovers and 17 points.

Our defense actually only gave up one touchdown to Georgia after JG's three turnovers in the third quarter.

They have struggled more because JG keeps them on the field for 60 minutes when in reality they really aren't all that bad. Certainly not hopeless.

We saw with average QB play from JG an undefeated Tennessee team leading at halftime @ 3rd ranked Georgia.

I blame Pruitt big time for us still having JG trot out onto the field, but he has developed guys. We saw it the entirety of last year and we have seen it at times this year. We did lose a good number of senior leaders and usually a team needs a little time to adjust to that.

All that said, with an average to good QB we are easily 3-2, with far less embarrassing losses. Top 15 team. Just like we were going into UGA and plenty of that recruiting momentum making us more talented and capable of beating top 5 programs.

What i remember most vividly is that Pruitt and company took a 10 win team to 8 wins and were damned fortunate we got a mediocre team in the bowl game for the 8th win...

Pruitt is right about the offense needing 11 people to exexute to be successful. How many stupid ass penalties have put the offense in a hole?

But keep on believing that JG is the problem...but i hope you enjoy surprises because when he aint around to kick no more this team is still going suck at execution and tackling and covering the middle amd gsme planning and in game adjustments..and everything else they are lacking in currently.

Also, if covering the middle is so damned fixable...what in the hades is the defensive guru waiting on?

I voted NO because I really want him to succeed, but, it's beginning to look like we are about 2-3 years away from that press conference.

When you hire an up and comer like Pruitt you are hiring a guy that you know has to learn on the job. So, obviously you have to let him do that. Doesn't mean it will ultimately work out but you have to see it through.

If Pruitt is fired in 2022 or 2023, UT is probably also looking for a new athletic director as well.

Fulmer did a good job hiring Harper and Rackham but he said that he was hired to fix the football program and the Pruitt hire will make or break his tenure as athletic director.

JG.

My thoughts exactly pertaining to JG effecting our whole team, esp the defense. I can never understand how people down the defense after they crumble from being on the field double the amount of time the offense is, esp after holding their own for the majority of the game. Like you said a few of the picks were returned, so defense wasn’t even involved. Hell, our defense actually put 6 of the 21 points on the board for us against Georgia, also holding them on 4th downs(one at the goal line). But heaven forbid they tire out toward the end of the game, its now all their fault.

What i remember most vividly is that Pruitt and company took a 10 win team to 8 wins and were damned fortunate we got a mediocre team in the bowl game for the 8th win...

Pruitt is right about the offense needing 11 people to exexute to be successful. How many stupid ass penalties have put the offense in a hole?

But keep on believing that JG is the problem...but i hope you enjoy surprises because when he aint around to kick no more this team is still going suck at execution and tackling and covering the middle amd gsme planning and in game adjustments..and everything else they are lacking in currently.

Also, if covering the middle is so damned fixable...what in the hades is the defensive guru waiting on?
You know why that team didn't win 10 games and struggled against Indiana?

Jarrett guarantano.

Reactions: lifeVol
I'll let you know after the Ark game. If we lose this game there's not one legit reason to believe in CJP.

Then why keep trotting JG out there? If you're writing off the season, you put in HB or BM or both and let them get the experience for next year. What worries me is that Pruitt seems to think that we can have a winning season by using the same formula that resulted in 3 blowouts. He's pushing every other position group to "be the best" except the QB position. He seems content to let JG continue to flounder...and with him the team.
Without a comma I can see where I confused you. My reply to the other poster implied to start Bailey with using a limited playbook due to his limited practice time. Execute those limited plays as best as possible. The secret to causing JG to implode is out and every DC we face will have his number, this is what is concerning about Pruitt in my book.

Reactions: Exiled
I guess you like handing out Paychecks to fired coaches that will sit on their A$$ and do nothing for a while, Fulmer, Dooley, Jones. Best to wait another year or 3 after BJs stops in Feb 21....

To this point in the season, we have lost one game that we expected to win. Are we really that upset about losing to Georgia and Alabama? Give it a chance.

If Pruitt is fired in 2022 or 2023, UT is probably also looking for a new athletic director as well.

Fulmer did a good job hiring Harper and Rackham but he said that he was hired to fix the football program and the Pruitt hire will make or break his tenure as athletic director.
BY that time Fulmer will have sucked another several million $ out of athletic dept.
who knows if the Harper hire works out, hope so but looks questionable.

Wait....how many on here have lauded his prowess as a recruiter? Sooooo much better than the last guy....

Geeze... do you really think Kentucky has better athletes than UT? 27 ponts better..?

Cmon
That was one player who created the blowout from a team emotional standpoint.

VN Store

Back