Poll: Are you done with Pruitt?

Poll: Are you done with Pruitt?

• Yes

Votes: 361 34.5%
  • No

Votes: 688 65.8%

• Total voters
That is just what we need to do. Fire Pruitt and pay him for 3 or 4 more years. We only owe Butch a check until Feb 2021 we can pay two coaches until 2025. I feel certain that every Major coach in the USA will be lining up to coach the VOLS. Remember that any body that applies will be required to win the SEC East year one, the SEC year two and the National Championship by year three if not sooner. Of course if none of those goals are meet they will be payed for the final 2 years of their contract when they are also culled .....that is just what we do. PLEASE......

Is Pruitt the man, I don't know. Here is some food for thought.... after Doug Dickey left us to go to Florida we got a young guy Bill Battle started out great then it became obvious he was winning with Dickeys players went 7-5, 6-5 no bowl.moving vans to his house and he's gone. Then Johnny came marching home. Now remember there were to other coaches that wanted the job.... Howard Schnellenberger and Bobby Bowden. Howard went to a small school named Miami, Bowden to FSU. They both won National titles there. Majors went 21-23 his first 4 years with one bowl.....a loss in the Blue Bonnet Bowl to PURDUE.

Phil took over for Johnny, GREAT RECRUITER lots of talent, titles and then he got lazy recruiting started getting the troubled talented guys and that is when the downfall started. The talent Phil was getting also came with a rap sheet and or an attitude. The Alumni powers decided it was time to make a change and bring in the next great coach and it had to really look nice and SHINEY and we got Kiffin and his daddy to boot and Orgeron. Gary Patterson wanted the job but not fancy enough for our VOLS.... you all know the rest Dooley, Jones, his "DREAM" job and here we are....still looking, still paying and still wanting something new.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
CJP has us better at every position on the field except QB and TE than Butch or Dooley ever had us...unless you count Kamara the pro and not Kamara the Vol. Bigger, faster, stronger players. I am not happy at all right now, we just got our asses handed to us by UK...who we own now in BBall 3 games in a row, strangely.

JG has personally destroyed this season. We were on an 8 game win steak, up by 4 points at halftime on the number 3 team AT jawja.

He personally has scored 31 points for the OTHER team in the last 4 quarters. He beat us last week, he beat is this week. The team has given up on JG. The coaches better move on from him, or we are done.

2nd HUGE issue? Chaney abandons the run
...that was the knock on him when we hired him. Known to get pass happy. Our Oline is much better at run blocking than pass blocking. We ran the ball only 17 times at UGA. Should be 30 times a game. Seriously. We should average AT LEAST 30 carries a game. With a good QB....with a garbage QB??? Maybe 40 times a game or more. No excuse for running the ball 15 to 20 times a game with JG and a bunch of guys who have never gotten reps in practice with the 1s!!!

Our defense is actually pretty good. They gave up what, 20 points today, despite short fields almost every time? Same thing against UGA...they played well until they were exhausted.

My only real criticism of CJP is not benching JG long ago. That's bullcrap. JG BETTER have taken his last snap as a starter at UT or Pruitt may lose this team.

Gary Patterson wanted the job but not fancy enough for our VOLS.... you all know the rest and so here we are stuck and still looking for the next one.

Obviously you never know how a coach will turn out but that might have been the biggest screwup we made. Patterson is a hard nosed kick azz coach who might have shot for the stars here. What a shame.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Read his post game comments. There may be some hope for changes at Qb. Just a maybe.

Should have made those changes last year, but that stubborn, I know better attitude is gonna cost him if he doesn't adapt.

My 16 year old daughter, who knows nothing about football, says this. If coaches and radio hosts spend so much time defending him, there must be a reason, it can't be because he's good, if he was, they wouldn't have to. Right?

Pruitt it appears has the same loyalty to the coaches to a fault as Phil did. We all need to remember that Randy Sanders was the heir apparent if Phil had left on his on.

This.
Fire Weinke, or let him know he has about a month to get some QB in there that can get first downs and points.
Let JG play against BAMA, then let Bailey start against the more equal teams, and build for the future. This Oline can protect him. Change the offense to be what he does well and I think we have a better chance to win.
JG's performance gives me no sense of the ability of the WRs. If they suck, too. Put Tee on notice. I don't think they are open. I suspect they are part of the problem, but let's fix QB a bit so we know better what we have.
Fulmer will resist blaming Tee, but I think he will be more pragmatic than he was 12 yrs ago as head coach. If it doesn't get a lot better soon, some fat heads need to roll.

Agreed. The offense has issues, however, there are few constants on it over the past few years. Trey Smith, is he incapable, I think not. Kennedy, I don't think he's super great, but he's a center, and centers don't usually have that much impact. Chandler, he's being supplanted by EG. The one constant who's the most suspect and most involved in every play, JG. It's simple math to me.

Ain't a damn QB in TN right now. You want Bailey, he ain't got the experience. Shrout, sucks donkey balls. Maurer, well hell I don't know. So WTH do you do?
The only way to get experience is too play. You play the guy with the highest ceiling at this point. Shrout makes some bad throws but get's taken out after the first mistake, he deserves more time we have seen enough of JG that everyone knows his limitations. No doubt Bailey has highest ceiling, and no doubt we have to get him reps this year, nobody loses a year this year so we for sure need to get him live reps. Playing JG makes no sense at this point. It's time to let the other qb's play, the don't need to press just let the game come to them but they need to be given honest chances. Hell, JG has had more then enough of them. GBO!

Getting there fast. Every year under this dude we have stretches where we look like garbage. I'm not even sure he's as good as Butch. Butch at least won 9 games twice. And at least then the games we lost (exceptions being Bama and several in 2017 when Butch had absolutely checked out) we were competitive. I can't see any evidence Pruitt will ever do that.

Regardless, he could lose every game left this year and be our coach next year. Covid and Butch's buyout will ensure that. So, for the sake of the program, I hope he turns this thing around.

CJP has us better at every position on the field except QB and TE than Butch or Dooley ever had us...unless you count Kamara the pro and not Kamara the Vol. Bigger, faster, stronger players. I am not happy at all right now, we just got our asses handed to us by UK...who we own now in BBall 3 games in a row, strangely.

JG has personally destroyed this season. We were on an 8 game win steak, up by 4 points at halftime on the number 3 team AT jawja.

He personally has scored 31 points for the OTHER team in the last 4 quarters. He beat us last week, he beat is this week. The team has given up on JG. The coaches better move on from him, or we are done.

...that was the knock on him when we hired him. Known to get pass happy. Our Oline is much better at run blocking than pass blocking. We ran the ball only 17 times at UGA. Should be 30 times a game. Seriously. We should average AT LEAST 30 carries a game. With a good QB....with a garbage QB??? Maybe 40 times a game or more. No excuse for running the ball 15 to 20 times a game with JG and a bunch of guys who have never gotten reps in practice with the 1s!!!

Our defense is actually pretty good. They gave up what, 20 points today, despite short fields almost every time? Same thing against UGA...they played well until they were exhausted.

My only real criticism of CJP is not benching JG long ago. That's bullcrap. JG BETTER have taken his last snap as a starter at UT or Pruitt may lose this team.

LOL

JG is a player, he‘s on the field only because the man in charge lets him be. This team and it’s result lay at the feet of Pruitt and Pruitt alone.

I said yes. After today, after 2.5 years, what is one position/group you think is well coached? I can’t name any
You say 2.5 like that's way to long. Sorry but unless we want to be the Cleveland Browns 2.5 years is not a full evaluation. We have to wait. There are def red flags, but given this year and how weird things have been I'm just glad to have football back. Fulmer is aware so I'll be patient and wait on his decision.

I said yes. After today, after 2.5 years, what is one position/group you think is well coached? I can’t name any

Well coached.....

Hmm....
Taking into account this years virus crap.

None. I just don't know if it's because of lack of practice, or coaching.

WR could be good with a competent QB. So there's a possibility. Same with the RB and OL.

It's very hard to play when opposing defenses know the formula. DLine play for the run hard early on. LBs cover the gaps and flats. Force the pass. JG isn't good enough to punish. Once Tennessee is behind and has to throw/gives up on the run. Unleash the ends, blitz 1 random to confuse, cherry pick turnovers.

I think our defense can play, and can play better. However, they know what offense we have. They can only do so much.

Can you compare our last four recruiting classes to Kentucky’s? How about Georgia State?

It's better, you're right, but it's handicapped with JG at the helm. He's the main Jimmy/Joe, coupled with our offensive system/coaches who have no clue how to adapt, create and I don't mean trick plays from 1984. They are incapable of being modern and innovative, we've got Kmart executives trying to operate in a dot com world. We see how that fared.

Reactions: Volsonyourface
You say 2.5 like that's way to long. Sorry but unless we want to be the Cleveland Browns 2.5 years is not a full evaluation. We have to wait. There are def red flags, but given this year and how weird things have been I'm just glad to have football back. Fulmer is aware so I'll be patient and wait on his decision.
Meh... you typically know if you’ve got THE guy by years 2-4. Given his record vs the big 3 it’s seriously looking like CJP is not THE guy. Maybe a stepping stone but the admin I don’t think cares about a top 5 football program and it’s showed in their last 3-4 hires.

I was hopeful and while I'm not completely given up on him I must admit I'm skeptical.

Here's the worst part of my week.

Monday. While I'm hard at it listening to the SportsAnimal on my earbuds. I'll have to hear all day long, all day, the excuses for JG. How it's this and that. How Pruitt knows what he's doing. Give him time. The line needs to give JG 30 minutes to stare down his receiver. How the receivers need to get open, even though JGs eyes are telling everyone who he's wanting to throw to. It'll go on and on and on. They'll quote stats and other crap. They'll have media members call in and tell us how it was the sun's fault or the leaves falling from the trees affected the turf. Then I'll have to listen to the 20 or so callers they screen who'll say JG is their QB and believe he'll right the ship sometime in his 12 year collegiate career. Then they'll imply how stupid I am, emotional, knee jerk, don't have all the facts, don't understand football, etc etc.

Then they'll review other games played. They'll remark on first year starters in new offenses, with new head coaches, or coordinators. They'll talk about them beating out the other guy, even though they know nothing about the reason they did. They'll remark about Arks QB, and how quickly Pittman has turned things around, with virtually no practice, new everything and on a team with a losing history and terrible recruiting classes.

Then they'll forget they said all that and tell us Pruitt needs more time, he is making the best decisions because it's his job on the line. JG just needs another year, another practice, more film to finally become consistent.

Sorry long post, but I had to clear my chest.

This 1000%

Reactions: feathersax
I hated the hire then and I hate it now. Tired, sick and over these second hand crap coach leftovers. Hire a real damn football coach. A proven winner. Pllllleeeeaaaasssseeee!

Tennessee will never hire a proven HC, it will never happen, it has never happen before

Not done, but he has clearly lost the team. He was in a similar situation last year and got out of it. We shall see if he can do the same this season.
he didnt beat anybody last year and he cant get within 3 tds of our biggest rivals...plus we've only scored 45 points twice in the 31 games he's been here, Chattanooga and ETSU

VN Store

Back