Podcasts

Big Gucci Sosa

Sniper Gang.
Anyone have good podcasts that they listen to?

I’m a big listener of last podcast on the left. Covers a lot of true crime and serial killers. Mixes humor in with a lot of the seriousness.

I like the monster series both Atlanta child killer and the zodiac. Joe Rogan. Outkick the coverage. Dr Death was pretty solid.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
I listen to more podcasts than watch TV or movies.

I did enjoy Atlanta Monster and have been listening to the Zodiac Killer one.

Just finished Slow Burn. S1 was about Watergate and S2 the Clinton impeachment.

For lighter listening:
Stuff You Should Know is a regular listen for me. Depending on the topic: Science Vs, Science Solved it, Freakanomics, The Great Albums and Hidden Brain the new Ron Burgandy Podcast is pretty funny.

Depending who is being interviewed: WTF with Marc Maron, Arm Chair Expert with Dax Shepard, Kick Ass News, Here’s the Thing with Alec Baldwin.

For News and Politics: First Up, The Daily, NPR Politics Roundup, Pod Save America and Five Thirty Eight and The Weeds.

I listen to Ainge Show and Brett Hubbs via podcast.

When kids are in the car I play Wow In The World, Brains On, Forever Ago and Bedtime History.

Ongoing Pods
This American Life
Reply All
Serial
Crimetown
Bill Simmons
30 for 30
Freakonomics
How Did this Get Made

When the guest is good
Rogan
Maron
Here's the Thing
Armchair Expert
Id1ot

Self-contained Stories
Conviction
Dirty John
S___ Town
Escaping NXIVM (Uncover)

If you like History then Dan Carlin's Hardcore History is as badass as it gets. The 6 part Blueprint for Armageddon series should be required listening for students imo.

For entertainment Chris D'elia's Congratulations podcast is hysterical.

Rogan has good guests, but he's a tool imo and sometimes him and his producer Jamie will team up on the guests (and he's got Jamie there to back him up with a specific Google search at all times which can just get annoying).

Russel Brand's Under the Skin is pretty entertaining depending on the guest. He's got that crazy British wit and vocabulary which is always a trip.

Jordan Peterson's Biblical Lectures are a pretty astounding Bible study.

Tons more good stuff already mentioned as well.

Reactions: VolNectar
I like the monster series both Atlanta child killer and the zodiac. Joe Rogan. Outkick the coverage. Dr Death was pretty solid.

I really liked Up and Vanished Season 1 on Tara Grindstead. Season 2 was a bit of a letdown. And I liked Season 1 of Monster but Season 2 has been ok but I don't feel like it's really shed that much new about the Zodiac.

I got into Someone Knows Something, which is about Canadian cold cases and it's really good.

If you're tempted to listen to Criminology because you like crime podcasts like I do, I offer a fair warning...the format is terrible. The Zodiac season is ok, but the Golden State Killer was so bad. They just go over every incident, where GSK repeated the same MO (which included rape) over and over. There are 15 episodes and you'd have a hard time distinguishing about 12 of them. IDK how anybody could get through that season wanting to continue with the pod. It's crazy too, because the authorities actually caught GSK during the season. You'd think that would create so much excitement about the pod that it would be captivating, but these guys suck.

Another annoying thing is they dedicate a decent amount of time every episode talking about how positive their listener response is.

If you're tempted to listen to Criminology because you like crime podcasts like I do, I offer a fair warning...the format is terrible. The Zodiac season is ok, but the Golden State Killer was so bad. They just go over every incident, where GSK repeated the same MO (which included rape) over and over. There are 15 episodes and you'd have a hard time distinguishing about 12 of them. IDK how anybody could get through that season wanting to continue with the pod. It's crazy too, because the authorities actually caught GSK during the season. You'd think that would create so much excitement about the pod that it would be captivating, but these guys suck.

Another annoying thing is they dedicate a decent amount of time every episode talking about how positive their listener response is.

The key to a good crime pod is definitely creating the story. That is why Serial S1 was such hit. The narrative built every episode. It wasn’t just a recitation of events.

Speaking of I saw there is an HBO documentary coming out that covers the most recent trail for Anan.

Reactions: bigdaddy
I really liked Up and Vanished Season 1 on Tara Grindstead. Season 2 was a bit of a letdown. And I liked Season 1 of Monster but Season 2 has been ok but I don't feel like it's really shed that much new about the Zodiac.

I got into Someone Knows Something, which is about Canadian cold cases and it's really good.
Some of the interviews I haven’t heard on zodiac but nothing new. Surely the he is dead by now. Still one of the strangest out there. Never heard of up and vanished. Will check that out

Up and Vanished and Atlanta Monster are cool, but I find Payne Lindsey to be corny and he has a very limited vocabulary.

Yes, that series is fantastic.

The way he described that first battle when the Germans thought they'd just march through Belgium, then wound up losing 20,000 men or something crazy. They just kept running into the machine gun fire because thats how all previous wars had been fought - you just keep marching forward till you see the whites of the enemy's eyes. Not this time. They just kept getting mowed down. Jesus

I like comedy podcasts like Comedy Bang Bang, The Jeselnick Rosenthal Vanity Project and Ron Burgundy's new one.

I don't listen to these everyday or continuously and some of them its been months but these are the ones that I am subscribed. I usually just look through them every couple of weeks to see if there is something that interests me. My interests are vast don't judge!

Sports
Fox Sports Knoxville
Locked on Vols
Go Vols 247
The Volunteer State
More Important Issues
Music City Miracles
RPO Tennessee Titans
Talking Chop

Atlanta Braves (MLB)
Outkick the Coverage

News/Politics
FOX News Radio Newscast
The Fox News Rundown
Media Buzzmeter with Howie Kurtz
The Dan Bongino Show
The One with Greg Gutfield
Tom Shillue Show
Perino & Stirewalt: I'll Tell You What

Space Exploration/History
Planetary Radio: Space Exploration, Astronomy and Science
Ben Franklin's World

Space News
The Civil War (1861-1865)

American Revolution
Civil War Talk Radio

Paranormal
The Gralien Report
The Paranormal Podcast
Beyond Reality Radio
The Best of Coast to Coast

Homesteading/Prepping
Modern Homesteading
The Survival Show
Survival Dispatch
The Survival Punk
Homesteady

Entertainment
Mobituaries with Mo Rocca
Zero Blog Thirty
Tactical Talk with Allison Barrie
M*A*S*H Matters
MASH 4077
The Black Tapes
Mr. Skin

Found one last night that seems interesting. The Big One: Your Survival Guide its basically a What If? scenario on if/when the "Big One" hits Los Angeles/Southern California.

I listened to the first episode its about 30 minutes.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back