Playstation 5 official unveil reportedly set for February 2020

Its tempting, but the PS exclusives would keep me from doing that
That's me. I can't think of a single game that interests me on PC that I can't already play on console. However there are countless console exclusive IP's that I enjoy and would definitely miss not having on PC.

Reactions: tweezervol
Oh wow! New information is coming out about PS5!

Exclusive: A Deeper Look at the PlayStation 5—Haptics, UI Facelift, and More

A few highlights...

1. Sony has confirmed that it's next gen console will in fact be called....wait for it....PlayStation 5! (shocking I know)

2. 4K Blu Ray drive confirmed to be included (and yes it will play 4K Blu Ray movies)

3. PS5 controlled (will be called Dualshock 5) will be similar in design to Dualshock 4 with improvements like adaptive feedback triggers, built in microphone, bigger battery for longer charge, improved speakers, USB Type-C connection for charging (you can play connected as well), etc.

4. Ray Tracing will in fact be handled at the hardware level (was once rumored to be a software solution)

5. Completely overhauled UI.

6. Holiday 2020 confirmed launch.

Last edited:
Supposedly they are considering going back to cartridges and it will allow instaneous loading.

Supposedly they are considering going back to cartridges and it will allow instaneous loading.

It's really just proprietary storage drives you plug into the new PS5. Means you can't buy cheap drives to swap into your Playstation any more. I don't think they have plans to make 'game carts.'

Last edited:
A funny little coincidence happened today, PlayStation Europe Twitter account updated its slogan to "It's Time to Play".

A week ago a post on 4chan claimed to have details of the PS5 launch. No one took any notice because 4chan. But one of the items on the list was this new slogan PS Europe has adopted.

• PS5 reveal event set for 5th February 2020
  • PS5 release date is in October 2020
  • PS5 price is $499/£449, only one model
  • PS5 launch games include: Gran Turismo 7, MLB The Show 21, Demon's Souls Remastered, Godfall, Legendz (new IP from Sony Santa Monica Studio)
  • Games teased at PS5 reveal: Horizon: Zero Dawn sequel, Marvel's Spider-Man sequel, new sci-fi IP from Naughty Dog, new IP from SIE Japan, new IP from London Studio, Final Fantasy XVI, new Resident Evil
  • PS5 specs "almost on par" with Xbox Series X, leak claims Series X is more expensive, PS5 more powerful than cheaper Xbox "Lockhart"
  • PS5 slogan is "It's time to play"

A Demon's Souls Remaster sounds a little underwhelming especially for a game that will be 11+ years old at release. It will look jarringly bland compared to actual PS5 games. The game deserves a full-on remake. And they have to find a way to make Bloodborne 4K 60 FPS. I would buy a PS5 almost solely for that (unless it comes to PC, which could be a possibility given Sony's new commitment to PC releases).

Can I ask why? I can’t imagine having an XBOX this last generation and not being able to play God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, Infamous, Bloodborne, TLOU Remastered, soon TLOU2, Ratchet and Clank, etc
Just always preferred Xbox and Nintendo as well

A Demon's Souls Remaster sounds a little underwhelming especially for a game that will be 11+ years old at release. It will look jarringly bland compared to actual PS5 games. The game deserves a full-on remake. And they have to find a way to make Bloodborne 4K 60 FPS. I would buy a PS5 almost solely for that (unless it comes to PC, which could be a possibility given Sony's new commitment to PC releases).

It wont simply be a remaster. It will be a remake. Did you play Blue Point's remake of Shadow of the Colossus on PS4? It was stunning!

It wont simply be a remaster. It will be a remake. Did you play Blue Point's remake of Shadow of the Colossus on PS4? It was stunning!

Nope, I definitely want to, though. Yeah, a remake is the only logical approach for Demon's Souls. I finally played through it via emulation this summer (4K 60 FPS!) and was shocked by how similar it is to the Dark Souls games (even though they are the spiritual successors to it). FromSoft knocked it out of the park on their first attempt. I expected some jankiness given its age and the fact that it was their first attempt at making a game like that, but gameplay-wise it holds up really well.

If it's a remake they will definitely need to revisit the boss fights, as most of them are way too easy for Souls veterans.

LOL I'll never understand how grown ass men play games like that, Pokémon, and Animal Crossing. Just seems weird to me.

It’s normal farming. You plant a seed then it grows a fruit. Then you put the fruit in an oak barrel and it makes wine. Then you put the wine in a cask and it becomes aged wine worth lots of golds. Then you go to caves and slash the monsters.

LOL I'll never understand how grown ass men play games like that, Pokémon, and Animal Crossing. Just seems weird to me.

I kind of agree as they aren't my thing, but at the same time I'm not really going to judge anyone for any game they enjoy. I mean some could say they don't get how grown ass men play Madden or Call of Duty or any video games in general.

And then stuff like I love playing old NES and Super NES games, and one might wonder why a grown man like me likes those. Now it's mostly nostaliga because I played them as a kid but I'm still playing them.

Now going to conventions and larping/cosplaying and all that....well that's a bit over the top to me but to each their own.

VN Store

Back