Playoff

Basically, yes. Two teams from the SEC can get in, but not three. Clearly, the worst case scenario for Alabama is for LSU to finish the regular season 12-0, and for Georgia to finish 11-1, and then for Georgia to win the SEC Championship Game.

I don't disagree there. I'll just say that I'm more confident in LSU handling their business and finishing 13-0 than I am Auburn beating UGA.

tenor.gif

These playoffs drive me crazy. Either expand it or just pick the top two teams to fight it out for the championship.

I agree that conference champions should be a requirement for making it into the playoffs, though - as the playoffs stand now.

Its just that me and Mike Leach think there should be a 64 team playoff. Works in basketball.

Also I dont think Bama deserves it over Oregon. Assuming both win out.

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion
I don't think Bama gets in over one-loss Oklahoma. It would really help Bama if OU and Baylor split the two games it looks like they're going to play.

Maybe Oregon, only because the Pac 12 sucks and Alabama will have a win over the team that gave Oregon their one loss. But I wouldn't count on it.
Agreed.

UGA beating an undefeated LSU is the only for sure thing that keeps them out. The next is a 1 loss Oklahoma.

I think they could overcome a 1 loss Pac 12 winner but I dont see them bumping both a Pac 12 and Big 12 winner in the same year. With the Big 12 winner being OU.

No, just 6 teams. 5 P5 champions and 1 at large. 1 & 2 seeds gets a bye.
I don't know if I'm alone.. but I don't think a bye in football is the same as basketball. Football is much more physical and making a team play an extra game puts that team at a disadvantage. Plus their fan base, the diehard loyal ones, would end up going to 3 bowl games if they ran the table. Pretty pricey to do that. Add a conference championship game to that equation and it's tough.

Having said that, an 8 team playoff would at least make the numbers fair so that at the championship game, both teams will have played the same number of games, but the argument in the paragraph above still holds. Lots of travel/games for the teams and their fans.

8 game playoff would take some of the politcal "committee politics" off the table. That would be good - and maybe allow for a Cinderella story (like Hoosiers) for a Boise State, or UCF or fill in the blank team.

I’m not so sure Minnesota doesn’t have a better resume than Clemson. They have some close wins against questionable opponents, but the PSU win is better than anything Clemson has and it isn’t close, plus Clemson has a struggle win against UNC to boot.

I’m not so sure Minnesota doesn’t have a better resume than Clemson. They have some close wins against questionable opponents, but the PSU win is better than anything Clemson has and it isn’t close, plus Clemson has a struggle win against UNC to boot.

If Minneosota survives the next three games there should be a conversation about them. Before Penn State they hadn’t played anyone of note.

So Bama losing to #1 at home is WORSE than UGA losing at home to what may be a 4-8 Team??!!

Reactions: 99grad
UGA has to win out to get in anyway. But there should be some weight in who you beat as well.

That's why LSU can lose a game and still get in.

VN Store

Back