Players vote on team captains, MVP

2018 team captains: Darrell Taylor, Nigel Warrior, Marquez Callaway, and Kyle Phillips.

MVP: Darrell Taylor

Mickey O'Brien Award (player who overcomes physical obstacles): Todd Kelly Jr.

Bill Majors Award (player who best exemplifies the dedication toward football) Kyle Phillips

The Trenches Award: Jahmir Johnson
You should know better than to post anything remotely positive, or even interesting with this bunch.

I understand and there were some clear leaders with some solid progress out there this year. I guess I just don't understand the point of voting on post season team captains after a 5-7 season.

Now that is one of the strangest things I've heard. "Let's pick who leads us into the off-season?

2018 team captains: Darrell Taylor, Nigel Warrior, Marquez Callaway, and Kyle Phillips.

Bill Majors Award (player who best exemplifies the dedication toward football) Kyle Phillips

Lol!!

JG should have got the MVP and The Trenches award too.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo

Here is my take with a new award created at the end:

2018 team captains: Jauan Jennings, Trey Smith, Shy Tuttle, and Kyle Phillips.

MVP: Marquez Calloway

Mickey O'Brien Award (player who overcomes physical obstacles): Todd Kelly Jr. or Chance Hall or Shy Tuttle

The Bill Bates Award (performance by a walk-on player): Paul Bain

Players know who gave their best, did it in a positive way and played team ball. Fans just know stats.

Most surprising thing is only 1captain was a senior. Taylor, Warrior and Calloway are jrs. Says all we need to know about the seniors group.

Players recognize how Jennings quit on them last yr. it would be a bad sign if he were a captain this yr. maybe he can win more over next yr.

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan

Now we know who the "cancers" aren't.

Players know who gave their best, did it in a positive way and played team ball. Fans just know stats.

Most surprising thing is only 1captain was a senior. Taylor, Warrior and Calloway are jrs. Says all we need to know about the seniors group.

Players recognize how Jennings quit on them last yr. it would be a bad sign if he were a captain this yr. maybe he can win more over next yr.

I don't think getting kicked off the team qualifies as quitting on them. It was an error on his part but far from quitting.

Sad on a lot of levels that a guy like Shy Tuttle got no love from his teammates.

I guess those players who didn't buy in to the system and checked out two games early don't like to vote for players critical of them.

I don't think getting kicked off the team qualifies as quitting on them. It was an error on his part but far from quitting.

Jennings was reportedly stoned out of his mind before the GATech game in "17. Missed a practice but still played. After he was hurt, basically left the team completely until Jones was fired. He was far from a leader in 17. Damn if I could vote for a guy like this for captain in '18.

Jennings was reportedly stoned out of his mind before the GATech game in "17. Missed a practice but still played. After he was hurt, basically left the team completely until Jones was fired. He was far from a leader in 17. Damn if I could vote for a guy like this for captain in '18.

He wasn't stoned, he just had concussion related symptoms due to falling on a helmet!

I saw this yesterday and was confused. We voted on Captains after the season?

I used to think there was some competence in the football offices, but the last 10 years have proven otherwise. Should someone tell them that it’s best to identify the captains at the beginning of the season not when there are no more games?

Kyle Phillips and Shy Tuttle for the walking wounded award.

It's really sad that those 2 were injured so any times during their UT careers because if they could have stayed healthy and progressed like they normally would have then they would have become beasts for us.

After next season I'm sure we'll have some Seniors then that will be added to this list.

Naming most Captains now are probably to help run things during the offseason Training.

VFL...GBO!!!

No, he really didn’t. Literally played two outstanding games and good solid game out of 12, was pretty much AWOL the rest of the year.

But given that THIS TEAM voted an inconsistent player who didn’t show up about 75% of the time, no one should be surprised. Mirrors the personality of the team perfectly.
Confused you talking about Taylor or Guarantano? Oh, nevermind, I understand now. Having two good games eliminates Jarrett from discussion. I'll take Taylor's georgia and Kentucky performances over the Jg Auburn game all day long.
Quit crapping on every Vol over what is essentially a silly personal dispute with guys like Sjt18.

VN Store

Back