Players vote on team captains, MVP

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
2018 team captains: Darrell Taylor, Nigel Warrior, Marquez Callaway, and Kyle Phillips.

MVP: Darrell Taylor

Mickey O'Brien Award (player who overcomes physical obstacles): Todd Kelly Jr.

Bill Majors Award (player who best exemplifies the dedication toward football) Kyle Phillips

The Trenches Award: Jahmir Johnson

DaUndergroundMan

I got a pocket full of stones
Good. If Darrell Taylor is recognized as a leader, that bodes well for an overall elevation of team toughness.

Remember the incidents last year? He has a violent streak. The fact that the team voted for this proves something, to me at least.

That his attitude and meanness ain't hated, and it's contagious. Like dear Old Al.

Neil Johnson "Al Wilson is so tough, if he slapped my Grandma, I'd ask her what the hell she did to make Al so mad."

KBVol

Taylor really stepped his game up this past season.
No, he really didn’t. Literally played two outstanding games and good solid game out of 12, was pretty much AWOL the rest of the year.

But given that THIS TEAM voted an inconsistent player who didn’t show up about 75% of the time, no one should be surprised. Mirrors the personality of the team perfectly.

Volfan76

I gotcha. But c'mon man, a lot of our guys have their all for TN.
I understand and there were some clear leaders with some solid progress out there this year. I guess I just don't understand the point of voting on post season team captains after a 5-7 season.

jamesthesame

No, he really didn’t. Literally played two outstanding games and good solid game out of 12, was pretty much AWOL the rest of the year.

But given that THIS TEAM voted an inconsistent player who didn’t show up about 75% of the time, no one should be surprised. Mirrors the personality of the team perfectly.
KB, please use an avatar. You've been posting here too long to not have one. Hah

volKano

Stats don’t mean everything. If that were true Carmelo Anthony would have 5 rings.

VN Store

Sponsors